Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 916805 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7875 on: May 07, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »

It seems to me the God of Lies should be too good at it for anyone to realize he lied In the first place.

People keep buying his games though
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: May 07, 2018, 03:21:01 pm »

A typical RPG with the evil villain capturing the princess, and taking her to the dungeons of his lava-fortress.
Except the princess has escaped from her cell, has acquired some basic equipment, and is going to escape with your help. Many roguelike elements, with procedural generation and permanent-death.
I am thinking that the villain wants the princess alive and the hero in the lava. So you get permadeath and the princess gets progressively more cynical. She can start pointing out things that killed you on previous runs while desperately avoiding getting to know anything about you.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: May 07, 2018, 03:29:44 pm »

A typical RPG with the evil villain capturing the princess, and taking her to the dungeons of his lava-fortress.
Except the princess has escaped from her cell, has acquired some basic equipment, and is going to escape with your help. Many roguelike elements, with procedural generation and permanent-death.
I am thinking that the villain wants the princess alive and the hero in the lava. So you get permadeath and the princess gets progressively more cynical. She can start pointing out things that killed you on previous runs while desperately avoiding getting to know anything about you.

That's basically the plot of Edge of Tomorrow, if you think about it.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: May 07, 2018, 03:31:24 pm »

Hah, that would actually be an entertaining way to do a roguelike with a bit more focus on story. Your own horde of mostly generic characters who die easily, and the exasperated immortal NPC who needs at least one of you to live long enough to complete the task.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: May 07, 2018, 04:20:16 pm »

I've been daydreaming all day about a game idea, where it's a tactical rpg where you have to advance through the game with the help of mercenaries, having to manage your money and objectives correctly so you can always afford their services every mission. Though of course I'm always thinking of the character dialogue and roleplaying elements, so each mercenary would be unique and have their own storylines that you can fulfill by renting their services enough and completing sidequests.

So "Fire Emblem, but they leave you if you can't pay them anymore"? :P

Yes, exactly actually! Though I imagine the game would have a core of cheap units, and the mercs being situationally free, such as during events that have personal significance to them, but in all the game would be about weighing your pocketbook against choices of strategy and trying to decide which mercs' growth to foster with your cash. I could also see there being a loan shark-type character, just so the player can't ever put themselves into a softlock and ruin their own run.

Though that gimmick isn't why I was daydreaming about it, more I was thinking about a videogame setting where all the characters are justifiably unscrupulous assholes, pulled together to a common cause through the siren song of needing a paycheck at the end of the day. In Fire Emblem, your units generally think you're awesome and are totally loyal to you and are 100% behind your cause from beginning to end; especially in Fates, where every character kisses your ass SO MUCH it's saccharinely sickening! I'd be more interested in a roster of characters that are generally indifferent for the cause you're fighting for, in fact they may low-key think you're a tool or an idiot, but they have needs and their own lives that need attending to and if you're the one that is helping them pursue their own desires, they'll play ball. And if you're not a good employer, it'd be a game mechanic where they'll lend their services to the enemy side, but of course they hope you realize it's nothing personal, and at the beginning of the next battle they'll be right there at your hub with their hand out.

So the real draw of the game is not the game mechanics, but the narrative where over the course of the game, you get to learn the minutiae of these characters' lives, come to know their personalities, get to enjoy watching them banter and rib eachother while on and off the battlefield, and help them grow and achieve their own goals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: June 08, 2018, 09:10:08 am »

Helldivers and Legend of Zelda: BoTW... Calamitydivers? Calamitydivers.

Super Hyrule wants YOU! Join the Calamitydivers and spread FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY to bokoblin SCUM! Fight in an epic war contributed to by thousands of players across the world and "accidentally" kill your friends with badly-placed amiibo drop-pods! Don't forget to collect every plant in your vision so you can cook yourself up some Hearty Liber-tea to replenish your health!
Dug up this gem from the "combine your last two games" thread. That would be amazing.
Heck, even just Helldivers with some weird herb-gathering mechanic would be wonderful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: June 08, 2018, 09:18:14 am »

A Collectible Card Game with an actually half-decent Coop-Mode. Or a Deckbuilder with a decent Coop-Mode.

A good Coop card game, basically.

Me and a friend regularly play different coop games together. And we've always lamented the fact that  there is almost nothing interesting on offer in this particular niche. We're both big fans of a variety of card games (I've probably been trough most of them on steam at this point, even the free ones that have or will die in short order.), but there just hasnt been one yet with a decent 2vs2 mode.

Minion Masters sorta, kinda came close. But it's neither particularly varied, nor is it a CG in the classical sense.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7882 on: June 08, 2018, 01:28:22 pm »

A VR superhero-style flight game. There's like, one for playstation and it gets bogged down with distractions. Just you, a procedural world full of stuff to see, and flight.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: June 08, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »

I've been daydreaming all day about a game idea, where it's a tactical rpg where you have to advance through the game with the help of mercenaries, having to manage your money and objectives correctly so you can always afford their services every mission. Though of course I'm always thinking of the character dialogue and roleplaying elements, so each mercenary would be unique and have their own storylines that you can fulfill by renting their services enough and completing sidequests.

So "Fire Emblem, but they leave you if you can't pay them anymore"? :P

Yes, exactly actually! Though I imagine the game would have a core of cheap units, and the mercs being situationally free, such as during events that have personal significance to them, but in all the game would be about weighing your pocketbook against choices of strategy and trying to decide which mercs' growth to foster with your cash. I could also see there being a loan shark-type character, just so the player can't ever put themselves into a softlock and ruin their own run.

Though that gimmick isn't why I was daydreaming about it, more I was thinking about a videogame setting where all the characters are justifiably unscrupulous assholes, pulled together to a common cause through the siren song of needing a paycheck at the end of the day. In Fire Emblem, your units generally think you're awesome and are totally loyal to you and are 100% behind your cause from beginning to end; especially in Fates, where every character kisses your ass SO MUCH it's saccharinely sickening! I'd be more interested in a roster of characters that are generally indifferent for the cause you're fighting for, in fact they may low-key think you're a tool or an idiot, but they have needs and their own lives that need attending to and if you're the one that is helping them pursue their own desires, they'll play ball. And if you're not a good employer, it'd be a game mechanic where they'll lend their services to the enemy side, but of course they hope you realize it's nothing personal, and at the beginning of the next battle they'll be right there at your hub with their hand out.

So the real draw of the game is not the game mechanics, but the narrative where over the course of the game, you get to learn the minutiae of these characters' lives, come to know their personalities, get to enjoy watching them banter and rib eachother while on and off the battlefield, and help them grow and achieve their own goals.
Have you considered Battle Brothers? You build a mercenary company in order to do various tasks, the dudes gain experience and get better, but if pay day comes around and you can't afford their wages, things start getting nasty.

It's not exactly what you seem to be looking for but it's probably a step in the right direction.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: June 08, 2018, 10:13:30 pm »

Multiplayer XCOM or XCOM-like with both aliens and humans having to do research and development and so on, but battles are auto-resolved (I'm tired of xcom-style tactical battles), leaving it as just a strategy game.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SabbaticGoat

• Bay Watcher
  • help im stuck in a aquif-blublubublbulubl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: June 08, 2018, 11:41:29 pm »

a god game.
but one where you are a god and can do everything you want in the entire world.
like beginning you and the world in the start, and the solar system, then time passes and you create races, then it passes more yet and you can decide how the planet is, looks, or what grows on it, then if life gets to form, then if those who are formed are intelligent and how much, if they venerate you or not, then you can also decide to play as one of them and live a life, with everything possible to happen.
and then, if you want, you can go around all god-like doing whatever you want and people will worship you all around.
and maybe create a galaxy, or similar...man...what a huge game it would be...like 90 gigabytes and growing...

YES.
I've been waiting for a game like this for a very long time.

Megaton Rainfall isn't really a god game or similar to this concept at all, but for some reason it really satisfied my lust for this concept. You should check it out.
hehe i became a girl

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: June 14, 2018, 02:10:43 pm »

That's from page one my dude.

Although if EA wasn't shit someone could buy the Spore engine from them and make that game without too much trouble.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: June 15, 2018, 07:08:33 am »

Black & White in VR.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7888 on: June 15, 2018, 11:34:44 am »

I have the art book for B&W and they talk about an early demo they did and how bad it was going, so in order to impress the press, they took a catcher's mitt, stuffed a telephone wire in the wrist hole, and had a guy pretend to be manipulating the in-game hand while someone else moved a hidden mouse.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: June 15, 2018, 05:36:29 pm »

I have the art book for B&W and they talk about an early demo they did and how bad it was going, so in order to impress the press, they took a catcher's mitt, stuffed a telephone wire in the wrist hole, and had a guy pretend to be manipulating the in-game hand while someone else moved a hidden mouse.

Then Molyneux realized he can just apply this concept to every aspect of game quality and development, and the rest is history.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 577