Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915077 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8025 on: January 09, 2019, 10:00:50 am »

Not exactly a game but maybe a mod.

Something I've always wished for, was a mod for Skyrim where it would allow me to become the Jarl of any city, and along with that, it allowed me to wage wars against the others holds. Managing armies, move my armies across the map through a special screen like a Strategy map, and then I should be able to acctually go there and see my troops fighting. If such mod already exists please show me and you will make a man happy!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:20 am »

I think there's an Elder Scrolls mod for one of the Total War games (probably Medieval II) that might be close to what you're looking for.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: January 09, 2019, 11:04:51 am »

This is pretty much none of the things you asked for but I thought I'd share it anyway.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8028 on: January 09, 2019, 02:20:06 pm »

Something I've always wished for, was a mod for Skyrim where it would allow me to become the Jarl of any city, and along with that, it allowed me to wage wars against the others holds. Managing armies, move my armies across the map through a special screen like a Strategy map, and then I should be able to acctually go there and see my troops fighting. If such mod already exists please show me and you will make a man happy!

Mount and Blade it does all of that and more.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: January 10, 2019, 12:42:10 am »

I’ve never made to this point too often, but sieges are terrible because they’re pretty much meat grinders.

Also, I’m pretty sure no-one in Calradia wants to give the outsider anything but tiny villages that get burned to the ground every Saturday.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: January 10, 2019, 06:59:43 am »

Mount and Blade it does all of that and more.
I have a shitton of hours in Mount and Blade so I'm kinda sick of the game. I still think it's an awesome game, but I wanted that taste of Skyrim plus the management stuff...

Also, I’m pretty sure no-one in Calradia wants to give the outsider anything but tiny villages that get burned to the ground every Saturday.

By default, you're rewarded the poorest village available on the kingdon as your first fief. Why? I don't know... Guess you gotta start small, maybe?

I’ve never made to this point too often, but sieges are terrible because they’re pretty much meat grinders.

There's a mod called "Better sieges" that makes sieges a little bit less meat grinding by adding two extra ladders, some extra walls (Like an outer perimeter wall that must be breached, and then go up the stairs, which I think that happens in Yalen), it's not the complete siege overhaul that we want, but it's a start! I'd recommend using it with diplomacy mod too!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8031 on: January 10, 2019, 02:28:45 pm »

A co-op wave defense building game with economic elements.

So you start with a flag in an open field, X PC or NPC buddies, and the first wave of enemies.

After that wave, there's a pause (probably somewhat manual) and you have time to build defenses. This loop continues until you either are destroyed or build up your infrestructure to the point that you're secure.

The economic elements consist of supplying and preparing your automated defenses and have secured a steady supply of industrial materiel for the next round of building. There's a (fairly broad and short) resource tree that you need to collect and refine, and there's also power concerns. Power plants need to be protected, but if you have shields, then the cooling systems need to be outside of them, for instance. Building the structures probably calls for assembling premade sections rather than minecraft-style block-by-block building, but there might be room for both.

The attack waves include really diverse enemies, from simple stupid melee monsters to smart and tactical ranged soldiers. I like the idea of using evolutionary approaches to modify the critters. That is, evaluate fitness by the amount of damage done by an enemy, and allow it to adjust various properties such as speed, armor, health, damage, and coloration in order to fine-tune it to being effective. It should be meaningfully difficult to survive a wave, and almost every wave is going to do some damage to your defenses. By the end of your game, your base is going to have evolved a lot like the enemy has.

I'd like to give players the ability to fine-tune their characters as well. Maybe one of the ways you can upgrade yourself is by building armor pieces that can give tweaks, abilities, and even unusual disadvantages. Juggernaut armor prevents you from building anything or jumping, but makes you stronger in combat, for instance.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:45 pm »

i had an idea for an action RPG in the likes of Kingdom Hearts. with 4 protagonists jumping around from realm to realm, each one with its own unique weapon but all of them related to some kind of essence. i guess its hard to imagine because KH is well, KH. so imagining a game with more or less the same mechanics but not including Square Enix or Disney cameos would make it sound off.

unlike KH tho i like the idea of each character having its own storyline, or all four sharing the same objective but finding themselves at different stages of the plot and the player being able to swap instead of the usualy one main + 2 sideckicks +1 special character.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: February 03, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »

STRAFE is a game that gets at least some flak due to the fact it's not really an old-school game in the same vein as Doom or Quake. It's good on its own merits, but the advertising (which I haven't watched so my info on it is second-hand) apparently gave people the impression it was going to be like Doom or Quake.

But that's not why I'm bringing it up.

In STRAFE, you can only have one permanent weapon - your pick of a railgun, shotgun, or machine gun. Other guns only have about one clip's worth of ammo in them, and, when depleted, your character adjusts the way they hold it so that they can swing/throw it, whereupon it breaks or, in some instances, explodes.

This swing/throw inflicts a lot of damage - my advice is to not use it on anything less squishy than the Icarus's ranged enemies, 'cause it'll pretty much kill them in one hit.

Also, it's the act of using your gun as a club so hard it breaks upon impact and can one-shot enemies that usually can't be one-shotted without an explosive coming into play. I guess I'm a sucker for silly yet effective violence like that.

I think Borderlands (or maybe Borderlands 2?) had at least one gun that you could throw like a grenade, only for the gun to be digistructed (basically re-materialized) back in your hand.

Now, in Paint The Town Red (At least, if the demo is anything to go by), you can pick up just about any weapon and swing/throw it into an enemy's face.

Just like the STRAFE example, this is quite similar to another more well-known game - Dead Rising (maybe not 4, but plenty of people seem to hate 4 anyway so I'm fine with excluding it). As in PtTR, Dead Rising lets you pick up all manner of things (skateboards, golf clubs complete with golf balls, later on you get metal baseball bats that hit baseballs at enemies rather than a normal swing, etc.) and use them as weapons, often with a surprising amount of effectiveness.

Finally, Fistful of Frags lets you throw guns at enemies with the selection of a very cheap loadout perk. The throw has its flaws - you need to charge it up, namely, and you lose your weapon(s) when you do let fly - but its damage is good and you get plenty of points for kills using thrown guns - and you can even pick them up afterwards!

Long story short, I want a game with all these mechanics. It'd probably be a hell of a mess, but I think there's room in a at least somewhat saturated market for a game like that - an action game where all pieces of your equipment are not temporary so much as ephemeral, and discarding your gear is as important as selecting and using it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: February 03, 2019, 05:35:26 pm »

Tediore weapons, yeah. Tediore guns existed in BL1, but apparently had self-regenerating ammunition instead of the disposable gun aspect. BL2, they all blew up instead of reloading.

Tediore: Solving the Tedious Chore of reloading!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: February 03, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »

I want a game that's like ARMA but isn't ARMA. What I mean is an ultra-realistic shooter/military sim like ARMA, but without ARMA's insistence on trying to tell a Call of Duty story with Full Metal Jacket gameplay. The original Operation Flashpoint gives the impression that it's trying to be realistic, if somewhat idealized. But then ARMA 1 has you wandering around the battlefield on your own to accomplish objectives, and ARMA 2 features a squad of four elite soldiers, a level of realism formerly reserved for Star Wars: Republic Commando.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8036 on: February 04, 2019, 10:20:14 am »

I want a game that's like ARMA but isn't ARMA. What I mean is an ultra-realistic shooter/military sim like ARMA, but without ARMA's insistence on trying to tell a Call of Duty story with Full Metal Jacket gameplay. The original Operation Flashpoint gives the impression that it's trying to be realistic, if somewhat idealized. But then ARMA 1 has you wandering around the battlefield on your own to accomplish objectives, and ARMA 2 features a squad of four elite soldiers, a level of realism formerly reserved for Star Wars: Republic Commando.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has IMO the most realistic plot in any mil sim shooter game while still having an entertaining story. It feels believable, it's not a crazy Tom Clancy plot, and the characters are decent and well acted.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: February 04, 2019, 10:30:25 am »

Still wanna see that game where it's X-Com but you're one of the mooks on the ground.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: February 08, 2019, 10:06:30 pm »

I didn't realize I wanted this until I started playing Aurora 4x, but I really wish we had a turn-based space 4x that actually followed at least a pop-science understanding of relativity. Even something as simple as speed-of-light lag on communication would be a dramatic difference from normal 4X titles, to say nothing of the absence of FTL.

As a practical matter, the galaxy would probably have all its objects move mostly on rails until the player perturbed them and then rely on patched conics, but even under those conditions, I think it would be fun to play in space as boring and lethal as reality.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: February 08, 2019, 10:33:48 pm »

Pre-release SPORE that is made by an actual company (an indie company preferably, not something like EA) that can actually finish it and focus their resources on the game. Not wait for decades and the game still be in Cell stage or whatever stage that one game is in (its like a realistic spore, but forgot the name) that literally won't ever be finished.

OR

Some kind of insect game that is a sandbox and can play as all kinds of insects above ground and underground. Spiders, bees, praying mantises...I mean there is more insects on earth than humans so it be a long list to choose from. There aren't any insect games like that out there. There is one single insect game on steam with what I have in mind, but can't go underground and a ton of insects live underground. And when you play a wasp (or is it a bee? dunno) its only a single wasp/bee, in real life it be a ton of wasps/bees.

OR

Something like black and white, but modern and even bigger and better

OR

Any god game in general that can be made by a company that has the resources that can finish it, and not be in early access for years and years with very little progress. But skip the lootboxes and microtransactions cause that be dumb in a god game

Wheres all the god games that can be actually finished and not stay in early access for decades and decades and I end up old and dead by the time its finished :(

I guess Universim is making some progress now that I looked at it. But its been a long time it seems in early access.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:44:00 pm by Trolldefender99 »
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 577