Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915510 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8085 on: March 05, 2019, 11:11:25 pm »

YYY YYYYY YYYBC GHLLLM PPPRR RS SS SSTTT?

...For the last twenty years, I've always been reading it with the second to last word being "thy".  :o
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: March 05, 2019, 11:16:13 pm »

Not an entire game I wish existed, but I wish more RPGs would use riddles and puzzles. Even if I can't figure it out and just have to look up a walkthrough or brute-force it, it's refreshing to encounter a problem that can't be solved by just grinding the relevant stat to 100 or exploiting a broken crafting system.
Have you played Covert Action? A lot of the game is puzzles to decode enemy communications.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: March 06, 2019, 06:53:28 pm »

Not an entire game I wish existed, but I wish more RPGs would use riddles and puzzles. Even if I can't figure it out and just have to look up a walkthrough or brute-force it, it's refreshing to encounter a problem that can't be solved by just grinding the relevant stat to 100 or exploiting a broken crafting system.
Have you played Covert Action? A lot of the game is puzzles to decode enemy communications.
Depends on the route you want to take, and those puzzles can be made easier by boosting the relevant stat at game start.

In saying that, there’s the phone-tapping puzzle (which can rather be abused if you happen to be good at it) and the decode the secret message type puzzles, and the “how do I do car chases!?” puzzle, and if all else fails, watching dots on a screen so you can just go steal the answers at the risk of wasting a bunch of time and exposure if you get caught puzzles.

Fun game though; I still fondly remember that one time I was playing the game on the hardest difficulty and completely failed at stopping anything from happening.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: March 07, 2019, 02:15:38 pm »

Am I the only one that wants this mod?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8089 on: March 10, 2019, 03:25:40 am »

Am I the only one that wants this mod?

Only if it's built into a game that lets you take advantage of your newfound empathy.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: March 10, 2019, 08:20:47 am »

We've got you covered:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How do I resize images?

Fuck that puzzle.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: March 10, 2019, 08:31:11 am »

What, Towers of Hanoi? Nah, it's not so bad. I mean, it gets to be a pain once you're dealing with that many pieces, but it's still just a matter of repeating the pattern a few more times.

I say that because it's one of the only such popular puzzles where the pattern actually "clicked" for me...

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: March 10, 2019, 08:48:10 am »

Another not so much a game but a scenario I wished for.

Wish more people understood what sorts of games they play, or the types of servers they play on.  Too many RPPvP servers I've played on for games like Conan Exiles or ARK all inevitably devolve into carebear "hippy" communes where everyone just wants to eventually play out less than child friendly situations.  I'm playing a survival game on an RPPvP server to immerse myself in a brutal setting, but even ones that start out promising cave to the people who don't understand what sort of game/server they decided to play on.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: March 10, 2019, 09:12:17 am »

I'm playing a survival game on an RPPvP server to immerse myself in a brutal setting, but even ones that start out promising cave to the people who don't understand what sort of game/server they decided to play on.
I read that as "promising cave to the people", like people were being promised the cave-dwelling life they want and deserve!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: March 10, 2019, 09:20:12 am »

I'm reminded of One Hour One Life:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/595690/One_Hour_One_Life/

I didn't find it that fun, but RP'ing is basically mandatory, enforced by the game mechanics themselves. I only played one life, but it was nice having my mother, played by another player, care for and protect me for a few minutes until I grew old enough to venture off on my own.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: March 10, 2019, 09:42:35 am »

What, Towers of Hanoi? Nah, it's not so bad. I mean, it gets to be a pain once you're dealing with that many pieces, but it's still just a matter of repeating the pattern a few more times.

I say that because it's one of the only such popular puzzles where the pattern actually "clicked" for me...

Only time I encountered that puzzle was in KOTOR and I was 15 or so, and not the greatest at visual puzzles. I spent probably three hours dying and reloading before I got the pattern finally.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: March 10, 2019, 09:49:00 am »

I did the one in Black and White, which is pretty easy at only 4 pieces.

Also rather cathartic, as if you're getting frustrated you can just take the pieces of the temple you're relocating and fling them into the distance while listening to the head monk lamenting over how his collection of fine china has been ruined.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: March 10, 2019, 11:03:24 pm »

I want to see two remakes of Sonic 06. I want to see it remade somehow in the Sonic Adventure engine, and I want to see it completely reimagined as a Bioware-style action RPG like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: March 11, 2019, 11:15:32 am »

Only time I encountered that puzzle was in KOTOR and I was 15 or so, and not the greatest at visual puzzles. I spent probably three hours dying and reloading before I got the pattern finally.

The only time? Have you played anything else by Bioware, any puzzle game, or any other game where they wanted a puzzle? Because that is the go-to (which was my stupid joke). I've solved it in like 5 genres of games. I think it's more common than the 3 switches puzzle.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: March 11, 2019, 11:53:06 am »

I want to see two remakes of Sonic 06. I want to see it remade somehow in the Sonic Adventure engine, and I want to see it completely reimagined as a Bioware-style action RPG like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Putting it in the Sonic Adventure engine would cut down on the bugs some, but I remember falling through the floor a few times in Sonic Adventure 2, or spawning into areas that hadn't fully loaded and falling to my doom.  Still, it would be an improvement.

A Bioware RPG version of Sonic would probably end up cringey or hilariously terrible in various ways, as Sega has proven that they can't make a serious Sonic game without those qualities.  I sometimes wonder if Sonic just doesn't work for serious plots.

I'd watch Let's Plays of either though.  Wouldn't play them, but I'd watch.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 577