Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915236 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8190 on: May 21, 2019, 03:11:55 pm »

I was thinking of zombies gifting brains to other zombies, but I suppose there could be a human date DLC.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: May 21, 2019, 04:08:30 pm »

I meant not like Warm Bodies, but a dating simulator set after the apocalypse. The people you are dating are still regular old humans, its that you date them in the burnt out wrecks of buildings of the old age.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: May 24, 2019, 02:59:43 pm »

Another idea: The timer starts out at 5 minutes. Every level you complete sets it back a minute to no less than the amount you started the level with, with each level taking about a minute and half for a normal player to complete.
The enemies start out with normal humans with guns, and get progressively creepier and more disgusting as the timer runs out.
When the timer has run completely out, an eldritch horror escapes his confinement and destroys the world.
The goal of the game is to delay the inevitable as long as possible.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

shovelmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: May 29, 2019, 05:31:19 pm »

Aircraft carrier / crew management sim. With a twist; world is The Last Ship. Manage resources and crew (with promotions and US / Allied military ranks and promotion system). Manage your dwindling flight assets, crew, morale. Find / board / salvage and eventually build new ships and recruit new crew, all while dealing with officer promotions, crew morale, and founding of new governments (military dictatorships) on a map of the real world in a post apocalyptic setting.

TLDR, sure ddg Nathan James was in the arctic and immune to the virus. But what about the cv's?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 05:35:45 pm by shovelmonkey »
Reach out and crush someone!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: June 04, 2019, 05:34:59 pm »

Recently I've been thinking of a mix between those Democracy games and CK2-style strategy game where you play successive leaders of a political party. The game would model the development of the country you're in, and it would be structured around building up and maintaining support in different regions and different government levels. You could manage the party through different splits and mergers. There'd be internal factions based on policy (and trying to change policy would be like changing laws in CK2). Instead of vassals, you'd have candidates and representatives, who could be drawn in each place from a pool of party activists. You could try to engineer your own successors so the party continues to grow in the direction you want it.

Sagabal

• Bay Watcher
  • Komrade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: June 13, 2019, 12:20:56 am »

haven and hearth but good

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: June 13, 2019, 02:43:17 am »

I want a reverse "fight the giant monster" game. You know the ones where you're the quick, mobile fighter trying to fight the much larger monster, like Attack on Titan? I want a game where you play the Titan and have to deal with quick and intelligent tiny opponents.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: June 13, 2019, 10:19:18 am »

Someone was talking earlier about how they wanted a roguelike where you started powerful and had to maintain that power.

It's not quite a roguelike in the sense that the levels are all hand-made (no procedural generation), but Brigador's Freelance mode fits.

You start the game as powerful as you can be - full armor, full shield (with room for overcharge), and the maximum amount of ammo for both your weapons.

As the game progresses, you'll need to pick your battles and fight carefully in order to make sure you don't spend too much ammo, you don't lose too much of your shielding, and, most importantly of all, that you don't wind up damaging your armor. Shielding and ammo can be regained, but armor cannot - any damage sustained to it remains until the run ends.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: June 13, 2019, 01:45:53 pm »

Someone was talking earlier about how they wanted a roguelike where you started powerful and had to maintain that power.
Reminds me of Sword of the Stars: The Pit - although I don't think it was the intention of the developers... A combination of a durability system on all items, a repair system that reduces maximum durability, and a paucity of usable drops (especially for armor) means that many classes are actually at their strongest with their starting kit and gradually weaken as they descend further into the dungeon; because all their stuff breaks down and/or runs out of ammo.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: June 18, 2019, 11:36:22 am »

New idea, generation crazy game ideas with Talk to Transformer

A dating simulator set in a zombie apocalypse.
Impress your dates with your zombie-killing prowess!
Scavenge abandoned buildings for the perfect gift!
Repopulate the human race!

(This extension takes the storyline full circle:)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Other suggestions:
"Use zombies as meat for your next cook-off!"
... Apparently you're going to have zombie steaks at a barbeque party where you entertain the little ladies.

This one just goes off the rails:

... and lastly, this one is basically an entire coherent pitch for a non-existent game complete with a backstory and an original title for the game:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:00:35 pm by Reelya »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: June 20, 2019, 06:35:51 am »

I want a game that's basically Fallout New Vegas, minus the post apocalyptic elements.

A first person, action RPG with skills, stats, and gunplay that's at least on the level of FNV. Having gunplay mechanics be tighter wouldn't hurt. It would be nice if it could capture the overall "feel" of New Vegas, with small towns being prey to ruthless bandits, big cities full of corrupt individuals, and untamed, desolate wilds where anything can kill you.

I guess Red Dead Redemption 2 has a lot of that, but it has too little "make up your own character elements". FNV was the best because it let you play as a drifter who could have absolutely any backstory of your imagining, with no prior history, loyalties or commitments. The world of this western should definitely feel like it doesn't revolve around you, while also still open to being influenced by your more drastic choices.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8201 on: June 20, 2019, 01:22:14 pm »

What do you consider the post-apocalyptic elements, if not the collapse of civilization?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: June 20, 2019, 02:05:23 pm »

Did NDRL say anything about the collapse of civilization?
You can have "small towns being prey to ruthless bandits, big cities full of corrupt individuals, and untamed, desolate wilds where anything can kill you." without the collapse of civilization. It could be a frontier, western or space. Or with that description, it could be Middle Ages.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:09:20 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: June 20, 2019, 02:07:25 pm »

I want a game that's basically Fallout New Vegas, minus the post apocalyptic elements.

A first person, action RPG with skills, stats, and gunplay that's at least on the level of FNV. Having gunplay mechanics be tighter wouldn't hurt. It would be nice if it could capture the overall "feel" of New Vegas, with small towns being prey to ruthless bandits, big cities full of corrupt individuals, and untamed, desolate wilds where anything can kill you.

I guess Red Dead Redemption 2 has a lot of that, but it has too little "make up your own character elements". FNV was the best because it let you play as a drifter who could have absolutely any backstory of your imagining, with no prior history, loyalties or commitments. The world of this western should definitely feel like it doesn't revolve around you, while also still open to being influenced by your more drastic choices.

i suppose to bridge the techno gap (the laser weapons, power armor, whatever) this could be a cyberpunk western game. holy shit, having said that, why isn't there games like that.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: June 20, 2019, 11:02:28 pm »

Did NDRL say anything about the collapse of civilization?
You can have "small towns being prey to ruthless bandits, big cities full of corrupt individuals, and untamed, desolate wilds where anything can kill you." without the collapse of civilization. It could be a frontier, western or space. Or with that description, it could be Middle Ages.

More or less. A level of technology that allows gunfights would be the absolute minimum.

i suppose to bridge the techno gap (the laser weapons, power armor, whatever) this could be a cyberpunk western game. holy shit, having said that, why isn't there games like that.

I like this. As long as the technology isn't super evenly divided. There needs to be a dichotomy between the wild outskirts and the bustling cities, and I suppose the technological gap helps with that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 577