Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915057 times)

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8220 on: July 22, 2019, 12:16:15 am »

A MMORPG consisting of colonizing Mars... First person survival base building game. Huge spherical map with real geographical features of Mars... Thousands of settlers playing on the same planet.

The gameplay would be similar to that of games like Space Engineers... You start mining resources to build a shelter... You can join colonies to play co-op with other players... You can connect colonies with roads and railways... You can make nations by joining other colonies... You can engage in war against other nations.

A server would have 3 main stages... First: Red, Second: Green and Third: Blue

A newly created server would start in the "Red Mars" stage and would evolve towards the "Green Mars" stage as the community works massively melting ice deposits from the underground, building oxygen generators and whatnot...  A server would reach the "Blue Mars" stage after a real world year...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:25:04 am by ivanovic »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: July 22, 2019, 02:52:53 am »

They would be as likely to blow up in your hand than shooting, and then there's the acuraccy thing.

And the power wasnt such great either, for quite some time quality amor plate was capable of stopping bullets and ofter armor makers would promote their creations showing up bullet dents on their wares.

Even lousy metal is perfectly good for stopping bullets even well past the medieval era; Ned Kelly from the late 1800s made suits of armor made from iron plow blades and was only brought down when one of the police dove to the ground to avoid gunfire looked up and realized, "He's not wearing any pants!" (Well, no leg armor, at least.)

...To be fair, his armor weighed about 100lb, whereas a set of steel plate that offered similar coverage would be around 20-30lb and existed centuries before this.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: July 22, 2019, 05:38:17 am »

A MMORPG consisting of colonizing Mars... First person survival base building game. Huge spherical map with real geographical features of Mars... Thousands of settlers playing on the same planet.

The gameplay would be similar to that of games like Space Engineers... You start mining resources to build a shelter... You can join colonies to play co-op with other players... You can connect colonies with roads and railways... You can make nations by joining other colonies... You can engage in war against other nations.

A newly created server would start in the "Red Mars" stage and would evolve towards the "Green Mars" stage as the community works massively melting ice deposits from the underground, building oxygen generators and whatnot...  A server would reach the "Blue Mars" stage after a real world year...

The Mars trilogy was great, imo.  If you liked that, check out The Mars Underground, a documentary about the Mars Direct program.

I'd think a full-blown MMO would be a pretty niche market.  There are single player games that touch upon that - Empyrion is one.  Heck, a full Minecraft mod would cover it too.  Just build a map of Mars, and modify the air mechanic.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: July 22, 2019, 06:05:35 am »

The Mars trilogy was great, imo.  If you liked that, check out The Mars Underground, a documentary about the Mars Direct program.

I'd think a full-blown MMO would be a pretty niche market.  There are single player games that touch upon that - Empyrion is one.  Heck, a full Minecraft mod would cover it too.  Just build a map of Mars, and modify the air mechanic.

Eco is another possibility, although it would take some work by the devs to adapt their system into one with an evolving "terraform Mars" objective. It is even intended as a "cooperative survival" game as a baseline. I'm not sure how it is developing right now, it might be dead in the water due to frustrating UI elements that they still haven't gotten around to fixing in my several attempts to try it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: July 22, 2019, 10:20:13 am »

A MMORPG consisting of colonizing Mars... First person survival base building game. Huge spherical map with real geographical features of Mars...

Parts of your description sound like some versions of Osiris New Dawn. I too would like a version of that game except good. And maybe designed for more people.

The major issues being that you want some amount of role-protection so you have a reason for people to work together (I can't make food, and you can't technology, together we fight crime). Also, you then need to determine how much food-production (and everything else-production) is reasonable for a single person who might need to support any number of other people. I guess you could require unskilled labor to produce more of a thing, so everyone has to contribute, but that sounds boring for the people who need to play farming simulator or assembly-line simulator.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: July 22, 2019, 01:02:31 pm »

Bet you could make a mod in space engineers that does that Mars thing. It would probably be super intensive to create but also rad AF.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: August 02, 2019, 02:42:54 pm »

I'd like a game where you can read of the feats of a previous hero and then play through that legend from the perspective of that hero.
Basically, take part of Assassin's Creed's premise, and apply it to a fantasy game, in my mind Legend of Zelda.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: August 04, 2019, 05:06:21 am »

Just going to leave this here (https://www.reddit.com/r/gameideas/) in case you want to gauge how popular your idea would really be.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: August 06, 2019, 05:51:47 pm »

T_T

Ok guys here's the specific format of idea we want, we're going to make the game out of the best ideas, and then make sure you don't ask for any money.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: August 07, 2019, 11:45:03 am »

It's reddit mate, no conspiracy.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:22 pm »

I don't know if something like this exists:

A city/nation building game that takes place in a procedurally generated world which is generated as you travel (like Minecraft or Factorio)... So you have a virtually infinite world in which you can search a place to settle and found a nation/country... You start building shacks for your first settlers, lumber camps, mines, and so on, and you end up with factories, railways, aircraft, and all kind of modern stuff.

To sum up, a mixture of "Rise of Nations", "Tropico", "Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic" and "Factorio" (for the procedurally generated world).

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: August 10, 2019, 07:38:21 am »

I'd like to see a rogue-like, similar to Caves of Qud, but set on Mars with the Adeptus Mechanicus. You would play as an adept tasked with delving into the many layers under Mars, fighting against rogue A.Is, machines and collecting fragmented information and relics and returning them to the surface for study, safekeeping, consecration and so on.

You could have mechanics based around, if you find new technology, either bringing it to the surface for study (where it might turn out to be useful for future delvings), or make use of it as soon as you find it with the risk of the technology being corrupted and having to explain your actions to your superiors.

The deeper you go the rarer and more powerful the relics you could find would be, along with greater risks not just to you but to Mars in general.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: August 10, 2019, 02:52:57 pm »

Why do the rouge a.i's have to be villains, why can't they be helpful

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: August 10, 2019, 04:00:32 pm »

Mostly because they were originally set to be helpful, so it wouldn't be rogue if it continued to be.

Wouldn't it be an interesting story if an A.I was set to perpetuate an evil fascist country, but the computer went rogue and started a rebellion?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: August 10, 2019, 04:43:35 pm »

Coincidentally, that's kinda a plot point in the cyberpunk game I just finished playing.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 577