Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 912976 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8235 on: August 10, 2019, 05:01:14 pm »

Now I want Mechanicus to be about what Mech said. I hope the day I get to play it they have made an expansion/mod about it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: August 10, 2019, 05:04:25 pm »

Coincidentally, that's kinda a plot point in the cyberpunk game I just finished playing.

beneath a steel sky?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: August 10, 2019, 05:11:18 pm »

an adult game set in a Victorian-esque world with Roguelike/Base building/Simulation elements inspired by Dwarf Fortress and Cataclysm DDA, along with strong text/narrative interaction parts like Fallen London, TiTS or Corruption of Champions.

-player can evade combat by rethoric, seduction or stealth if the situation allows it
-different factions that the player can interact with and even the option to make your own
-RPG style progression with each attribute influencing the outcomes when in dialogue with NPCs or other situations
-crafting and building with some items requiring to explore ruins, dungeons and other dangerous places
-build your base or buy a property from the locals
-contract NPCs either as mercenaries, allies, friends or even slaves, perhaps have a relationship with them
-invent your own vehicles or obtain them from NPCs, mounts may also exist
-different career options for starting, some of them with their own little scenario with some starting skills
-different skills for different applications like cooking, crafting, swimming, whatever you need for your adventure
-gore, drugs, debauchery and crime are an active element in the world
-an expansive world with different climates and places to select when starting

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: August 10, 2019, 05:16:53 pm »

beneath a steel sky?

Dex. https://store.steampowered.com/app/269650/

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #8239 on: August 10, 2019, 10:15:40 pm »

DF, but with dragons being playable instead of dwarfs. And no, I can't code it myself, not because I don't have skills needed, but because I'm too busy with my 3d platformer.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: August 10, 2019, 11:36:31 pm »

The a.i built to be helpful doesn't have to be evil in order to go rouge, it could just decide to help the hero instead of its makers or something

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: August 10, 2019, 11:42:16 pm »

Anyone got any good games to recommend where you feel a high amount of role/class/profession identity and uniqueness?

I like the kind of games where you cooperate with other players but are limited to what the role you play can do. Games where you find yourself saying "Now its my time to shine" because other people have come across something they can't do, make, or craft, but your character can. Mostly in a sandbox-like setting.

Games I found that do this which were fun were wurm online because I can be a priest which is a very important type of player that many players do not become due to the limitations it provides in return of being able to cast spells, or this fairly new game called eco which is in an industrial setting where players tend to have specialties. e.g.If specialize in lumber I will be very much needed by people who need lumber products but limited by the stuff I can't do which I'll need other players for.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: August 10, 2019, 11:44:28 pm »

I want an Olympics trainer simulator. Where you are the government head of sports in a fictional, eastern bloc type country and it's your job to win Olympic gold every 4 years.

You have to find the best coaches, help identify the best athletes at differing sports, design the right training programs, deal with international politics and scandals, rule changes in the Olympics, etc.

Depending on how you allocate funding, personnel and time, your country may end up winning medals, which will reflect better on you and your government. Crushing losses, lack of consistent success, controversy and discovered skullduggery will cause several negative consequences for your nation, and may end up getting you sacked.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: August 13, 2019, 03:37:37 am »

Why do the rouge a.i's have to be villains, why can't they be helpful

I do understand where you're coming from, and I agree to a degree. It being Warhammer 40,000, however, it would be much more likely for any A.I's to be rogue and actively dangerous than helpful. If not malfunctioning from millennia of neglect then chaos corruption would make them very deadly. On top of that is the Imperiums extreme dislike of A.I's due to an uprising that brought about a dark age before the Imperium even existed and the Emperor outlawing true A.I's. Most A.I's in W40k are made from servitors so they're more controlled by human brains in jars than pure programming.

There is at least one 'friendly' A.I, I believe one is featured in the Blackstone Fortress set, called UR-025 who is one of the Men of Iron from the uprising. He has to be very careful about not revealing what he is and is willing to kill those who threaten his cover.

Perhaps you could have the dilemma in the game. You discover an active, helpful A.I. If your superiours found out you would be called out for tech heresy as well as the A.I almost definitely being dismantled and examined, if not outright destroyed.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: August 13, 2019, 09:07:20 am »

were we talking about warhammer? I assumed we were talking about A.I in a nonspecific game

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: August 13, 2019, 09:59:10 am »

You could have mechanics based around, if you find new technology, either bringing it to the surface for study (where it might turn out to be useful for future delvings), or make use of it as soon as you find it with the risk of the technology being corrupted and having to explain your actions to your superiors.

HERESY!

Mostly because they were originally set to be helpful, so it wouldn't be rogue if it continued to be.

Wouldn't it be an interesting story if an A.I was set to perpetuate an evil fascist country, but the computer went rogue and started a rebellion?

What if you were that AI?

I do understand where you're coming from, and I agree to a degree. It being Warhammer 40,000, however, it would be much more likely for any A.I's to be rogue and actively dangerous than helpful. If not malfunctioning from millennia of neglect then chaos corruption would make them very deadly.

In Warhammer, depending on the age of the AI, it may have been programmed when the empire's beliefs were quite different.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:32 pm »

were we talking about warhammer? I assumed we were talking about A.I in a nonspecific game
Adeptus Mechanicus is from warhammer 40k, so yes, they were talking about it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8247 on: August 13, 2019, 01:08:10 pm »

A city-builder game where you are sea-steading, building a floating city in the open ocean. You can move it (slowly,) and can collect resources as you go along. You trade and deal with landbound nations as you go along, and need to maintain carefully balanced diplomatic ties.

You need to be self-sufficient, and able to deal with the environment. Hurricanes can tear the place apart, avoiding them in the arctic means you need a lot more energy for warmth. Icebergs are great sources of fresh water!

All the while, you need to balance the needs of your high-wealth funders and the working classes who support it... never mind the ships of refugees trying to escape flooding urban areas!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: August 13, 2019, 08:08:32 pm »

I feel like if coastal areas are flooding sufficiently that refugees are hopping on boats, there won't be many iceburgs to get fresh water from.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8249 on: August 27, 2019, 12:52:28 pm »

Depends on the time period. The game might take place over the course of 200 years, starting in approximately the present day and going to 2222, for instance.

Ideally, the world might respond to political and practical efforts of your sea-stead. If you focus on accumulating political power and alliances, maybe you can make deals that effectively undo large parts of climate change. Or maybe you try to trigger technological advance by offering rocket launch platforms. If you are feeling bond-villainous, you could even accellerate global warming to harm the mainlanders and flood lands you might one day plunder.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 577