Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914731 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8265 on: November 02, 2019, 11:16:19 am »

Well I mean there's always Stronghold, but that's not exactly the most *realistic* of models... Game's good fun though!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: November 04, 2019, 08:46:39 am »

Pokemon parodxy by the people who make Disgaea.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8267 on: November 04, 2019, 02:57:46 pm »

A Pokemon roleplaying game. That is, a western-style RPG set in the pokemon world, allowing some reinterpretation to expand on the lore a bit.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: November 06, 2019, 07:05:50 am »

Something based on the Farewell to weapons short

Basically, after a global war that killed of most humans civilization has recovered and groups have been tasked with disposing of weapons left over from the war. Kitted out with some really cool ass shit like small glider bombs, remote controlled RPG's, lasers, really cool power armour and a ton of other shit that was all crammed into just 15ish minutes of the movie. Why would they need all of that? Well, as the short nicely depicts it, a good chunk of the weapons was highly advanced combat robots with AI that's still fighting the war, and these things, despite looking janky are fucking lethal.

So the game itself would be some sort of FPS/TPS based around squadding up to take on PvE encounters, exploring ruins, taking down killer robots and generally doing cool shit in the process. A tactical/exploration phase intially where you scope out the area and set up traps and similar based on intel of potential threats and then you trigger (on purpose, or even more fun, on accident) it and it turns into a hectic fight to the death. Get cash for successful raids and salvage maybe, upgrade your shit, do more dangerous regions, shit it writes itself :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8269 on: November 06, 2019, 08:36:38 pm »

Wow, that anime is actually really similar to an idea I've wanted to realize for a while now, where a bunch of underequipped infantry battle an unmanned tank that kind of behaves like the HK-tank from Terminator in the sense that it's highly sensitive and lethal, but in a more realistic setting. That's cool

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: November 07, 2019, 01:10:50 am »

Something based on the Farewell to weapons short
So the game itself would be some sort of FPS/TPS based around squadding up to take on PvE encounters, exploring ruins, taking down killer robots and generally doing cool shit in the process. A tactical/exploration phase intially where you scope out the area and set up traps and similar based on intel of potential threats and then you trigger (on purpose, or even more fun, on accident) it and it turns into a hectic fight to the death. Get cash for successful raids and salvage maybe, upgrade your shit, do more dangerous regions, shit it writes itself :V

Now I'm picturing some sort of Sci-Fi Monster Hunter (for the game mechanics) wearing the discarded skin of Nier:Automata (for the aesthetics).
And it would be awesome.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: November 08, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »

MMO with simple shooting/beat-em-up mechanics centered around sieges and asymmetric warfare along a rough frontier (like the Ottoman-Balkans area or Crimea, etc. etc.) Players get squads/companies/regiments of soldiers they can outfit to their pleasure (guns, bows, crossbows, or various melee weapons and a variety of armor and visual early-modern military ornamentation) and command in battle (take cover, shoot here, charge, hold ground, retreat, follow). Kind of like a huge, persistent, less mechanically complex Warband siege mode.

Guilds would be able to build their own fortresses and align with one of two factions. Weekly and monthly regular set-piece sieges along with around-the-clock player instigated ones).

Warband meets Bladestorm meets Planetside (and a little bit of Stronghold)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: November 13, 2019, 08:15:07 am »

I want a grand strategy simulation of the company Paradox Interactive itself.  But i don't have much confidence in Paradox Development Studio and would prefer Slitherine to do it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: November 13, 2019, 01:31:22 pm »

I want a grand strategy simulation of the company Paradox Interactive itself.  But i don't have much confidence in Paradox Development Studio and would prefer Slitherine to do it.

And everytime you want your Paradox simulation to put out a new game, you need to buy a separate DLC? And everyone will talk about the new DLC being the route to real actual power, because now you can change things by half of a percent if you min-max real hard?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: November 13, 2019, 04:08:06 pm »

And everytime you want your Paradox simulation to put out a new game, you need to buy a separate DLC? And everyone will talk about the new DLC being the route to real actual power, because now you can change things by half of a percent if you min-max real hard?

Every once in a while someone suggest you to implement real time tactical battles only to have hordes of people flooding you with emails of don't doing it, if you however do it, you are sieged by SEGA and CA, if you win they go bankrupt but then you are sieged by thousands of angry fans.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8275 on: November 14, 2019, 02:20:07 pm »

A Pokemon roleplaying game. That is, a western-style RPG set in the pokemon world, allowing some reinterpretation to expand on the lore a bit.

Like a crpg (closest would be pokemon mystery dungeon, which isn't quite what you want), or like a table-top RPG (there are 2 that are bad in different ways, but playable).

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: November 15, 2019, 06:34:57 pm »

I'm assuming like skyrim

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: November 17, 2019, 01:57:27 pm »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: November 18, 2019, 03:50:08 am »

I'm assuming like skyrim

Pi, Ka-Chu!

Do you get to the Elite Four often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: November 18, 2019, 11:41:35 am »

I'm assuming like skyrim

Pi, Ka-Chu!

Do you get to the Elite Four often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

I used to be a Pokeman like you, until I took a marowak to the knee.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 577