Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914842 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8430 on: December 02, 2020, 12:28:23 am »

an ASCII based Space Simulator based on the DF system. that is, generate a procedural galaxy with its own story of ancient civilizations, external invasions, evil/good regions (guess it would be like the Warp/Shroud manisfeting on real space), and procedurally generated alien races (with some typical ones).

player can read the history of the galaxy, play as a lone space captain (to partake in mercenary work, piracy, trading, exploration, etc...) with its own small craft or up to a larger vessels with actual crews, and/or play as a group of colonists setting up on a newly discovered planet or solar system.

i guess it would require reducing a lot of the usual things that we are used from DF like simulating everything down to specific organs and bodyparts, among other stuff.
That would be amazing. Maybe it could be called Amazing Space Colonizing Interesting Interactions, as a play on the fact it’s an ASCII game

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: December 10, 2020, 10:14:06 am »

an ASCII based Space Simulator based on the DF system. that is, generate a procedural galaxy with its own story of ancient civilizations, external invasions, evil/good regions (guess it would be like the Warp/Shroud manisfeting on real space), and procedurally generated alien races (with some typical ones).

player can read the history of the galaxy, play as a lone space captain (to partake in mercenary work, piracy, trading, exploration, etc...) with its own small craft or up to a larger vessels with actual crews, and/or play as a group of colonists setting up on a newly discovered planet or solar system.

i guess it would require reducing a lot of the usual things that we are used from DF like simulating everything down to specific organs and bodyparts, among other stuff.

If it helps just know that i am working on a completely open-ended Star Wars ASCII game

Basically think of a vastly bigger KOTOR but in ASCII where you can be anything from a 5000 year old Sith Lord that can rip entire Star Destroyers in half (I just finished Force Unleashed II and that was probably my favorite part of the game) to some random ass Jawa
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: January 02, 2021, 05:02:23 pm »

Somewhere between CDDA and Fallout. More crafting and scavenging than Fallout normally has, and more long-term stuff than CDDA has (or had, last I played). Fallout starting you as more than a random civilian would help the long-term prospects.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: January 02, 2021, 06:09:01 pm »

A turn-based RPG or TRPG that has Dead Rising's weapon selection abilities (that is to say, if it isn't nailed down, you can pick it up and smack someone with it).

Would probably be hell to balance, but still.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: January 02, 2021, 09:22:09 pm »

A turn-based RPG or TRPG that has Dead Rising's weapon selection abilities (that is to say, if it isn't nailed down, you can pick it up and smack someone with it).

So long as regular weapons are easier to attack with or do more damage than other things (depending on what the other thing is), it shouldn't be too bad. You'd also want an incentive to use improvised weapons 9ammo shortages, big risky attacks against big opponents, etc.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: January 02, 2021, 10:15:06 pm »

Another idea for a game I wish existed was one where people's personality traits could either influence their stats (an aggressive person would probably be better at direct damage than a timid one) or their moveset (a reckless or manipulative person would taunt people, while a kind or calm person might not).

Again, however, balancing would probably prove difficult.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: January 03, 2021, 02:25:36 am »

So long as regular weapons are easier to attack with or do more damage than other things (depending on what the other thing is), it shouldn't be too bad. You'd also want an incentive to use improvised weapons 9ammo shortages, big risky attacks against big opponents, etc.
What I did with improvised wepons in a TTRPG I ran was, that damage was determined by mass, but accuracy depended on unarmed skill.

So if you picked up something that was not a weapon, you could still do damage, but unless you were good at unarmed combat, were unlikely to hit.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: January 03, 2021, 02:57:56 am »

Everything’s a weapon if used right

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: January 04, 2021, 02:52:30 pm »

Hence improvised weapon.

What I mean is, anything that does not fit into a weapon category, or the character lacks the stats or ammo to use properly.¨
Because in this, weapons had Strength, Dexterity, and Hands requirements. Using more hands than required would proportionaly reduce the other requirements though.

Looking into it, damage did not depend on mass. It should have.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: January 23, 2021, 04:42:09 pm »

Is there any sort of game where the story and plot fundamentally changes depending on the difficulty setting you choose at the start? It's an idea that's been at the back of my mind forever now, though it seems like something that'd be hard to implement in a consumer-friendly way.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: January 23, 2021, 04:49:52 pm »

I want to say there've been games where character selection acts as a difficulty setting which impacts narrative development, though level design is primarily the same, barring areas limited to special abilities.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: January 23, 2021, 04:54:52 pm »

Pathologic probably counts. There are three characters who play very differently and vary in difficulty from "hard" to "extremely hard".
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: January 25, 2021, 09:16:18 am »

Is there any sort of game where the story and plot fundamentally changes depending on the difficulty setting you choose at the start? It's an idea that's been at the back of my mind forever now, though it seems like something that'd be hard to implement in a consumer-friendly way.

Depending on how much alcohol is in your system the difficulty, experience and plot of driving is different
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: January 25, 2021, 05:30:23 pm »

I would like an MMO with several dozen actual GMs curating and generating story content and changing the world based on participation and outcomes of events
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: January 25, 2021, 06:05:00 pm »

Aren't game devs just GM's by another name?
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 577