Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 911703 times)

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8505 on: July 08, 2021, 10:40:10 am »

As in - you dogfight as the AI sends you to conquer a nearby star?

The AI do everything a player do at sins of solar empire, but players can the soldiers inside spaceships that were built by the AI.
If no player(s) are controlling the spaceship, the ai does that for them like at sins of solar empire normal game. But you can jump into a soldier inside an ship and start to control him (and so the ship).

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: July 08, 2021, 03:24:07 pm »

Open world games in general do seem lack that feeling of a real living world. Like, you might have NPCs walking through their scripts and shops only being open at certain hours and certain days, but the world overall is static. No armies are moving, no diplomacy is occurring, disruption of trade doesn't affect availability of goods.

Some space sims touch on these a little, but whether they succeed or not is debatable. X3 is an obvious example, but it's more of an economic simulation than a political one. Without mods, borders and system ownership remains rigid. I don't know any games that focus on a terrestrial setting that does even as much as X3, given they mostly focus on survival over simulation. (Though, to be sure, I don't really play a lot of open world simulators.) I guess M&B? Kenshi?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:25:53 pm by Niveras »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: July 08, 2021, 07:39:51 pm »

An open world game where you live in a constantly shifting world would be amazing. I’d play it even if graphics are sacrificed for better simulation. Sometimes games focus more on graphics than mechanics which leads to a laggy game similar to many others

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: July 09, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »

Mount and Blade does a decent job, though not amazing. But the shifting ownership of lands is a pretty core part of the game, and the economy of various villages and towns does change depending on the state the world.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

HellTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: July 12, 2021, 05:32:33 pm »

Arma 3 with at least 144 fps. the game it self can be exactly as it is but the engine and reduced physics should provide stable 144 fps. at least. Even with perfect system power, games can drop easy to 40fps. you have to get used to that.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: July 14, 2021, 10:08:38 am »

Do human eye even sees a difference over 60fps?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: July 14, 2021, 10:45:08 am »

I've always been confused by the 144fps thing. I don't tend to play very graphical games so I thought it was a joke when someone talked about 144fps on a steam forum I was reading through.

Like, Arma 3 is already such a performance mess: I used to play it on a rig that got like 30fps, then upgraded and get like 40-50 tops, and the thought of just getting 60fps is so enticing that 144fps seems like something you would need a supercomputer to do.

I've heard people talk about 144Hz monitors making everything else seem like garbage but whenever a game runs at 60 FPS for me it already feels so smooth that it's hard for me to imagine what 144 would be like.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: July 14, 2021, 11:05:19 am »

I have probably never seen a video game over 24 or 30 fps, Dwarf Fortress (at the start of a new game) not withstanding. The only thing I have seen over that was Elysium and Avengers at 60 frames per second once in somebody else's tv and found it kind of dizzying how much smooth the movement was, it was really beautiful never the less.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: July 14, 2021, 12:00:03 pm »

I have seen 60fps video on youtube, and it is smoother than regular (30fps?) video. At least on my computer. On my tablet, it is significantly worse, probably because the tablet is not 60fps capable.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: July 14, 2021, 12:16:00 pm »

I can now write off Company of Heroes 3 off this list, but the trailer seems pretty dissapointing apart from early gameplay set aside from some flashy parts like Nebelwerfers & British Commando's throwing knives. Hopefully another year in development can be "Ardennes Assault":'The Game' and hopefully fun to play.

Careful what you wish for Urist's, you might just get it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: July 14, 2021, 12:44:20 pm »

That looks like a classic example of a lot of potential that probably won't be lived up to.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: July 14, 2021, 12:44:30 pm »

Well, at least it seems they are adding a strategic overlay for the campaign, or a free campaign or whatever, that seems interesting.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: July 14, 2021, 04:37:16 pm »

I've always been confused by the 144fps thing.

IDK about graphical FPS, but it at least makes a difference for mouse movement.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: August 26, 2021, 09:35:42 pm »

A first-person RPG, except with a Mario 3 level of graphics detail. Probably different graphical assets, but that kind of cartoony simplicity.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: August 26, 2021, 10:58:53 pm »

A first-person RPG, except with a Mario 3 level of graphics detail. Probably different graphical assets, but that kind of cartoony simplicity.
sounds awesome
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 577