Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 912217 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8550 on: April 28, 2022, 09:11:04 pm »

A good turn based strategy focused around squad combat, for some reason Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 mod is still the best.
Thing like battle bothers have the problem that you have such limited points, you can basicly move or attack.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: April 28, 2022, 11:29:50 pm »

Still missing a modern ogre battle.

Add on wanting to see something centered around spelljammers, or similar concepts. High fantasy sci-fi, plying the aether sea, the exact format doesn't really matter. Closest I can think to it is maybe the sunless sea/sky stuff, but that's more steampunk than high fantasy. I want my wizards to be throwing fireballs from the deck of a spacefaring whaling ship at asteroids to crack them open for delicious magic rocks.

Similarly, I'd goddamn love to see a high fantasy/magitech mech game, action, strategy, or rpg (or all of them) doesn't matter. Someone take the magitek armor from FF6 and go wild with it. Really crunchy magitech is something I don't see as an aesthetic or mechanics influence nearly enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: April 29, 2022, 08:35:56 am »

A good turn based strategy focused around squad combat, for some reason Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 mod is still the best.
Thing like battle bothers have the problem that you have such limited points, you can basicly move or attack.

So like Fallout Tactics was supposed to be?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: May 01, 2022, 07:10:43 am »

The ungodly combination of a city builder, a 4x game and a tactical battles simulator.

Think civilization IF we could layout the cities, instead of single units we had armies composed of units and battles could be fought in real time.

Or Total War, again, if city maps were able to be edited, and if some elements of the campaing map could change dinamically (changing borders, new towns, razing settlements...).

While having a turn based "city builder" component seems crazy it could work in some ways I think.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: May 01, 2022, 07:24:13 am »

So, uh. Modern Deadlock sequel?
Ask not!
Ask!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: May 01, 2022, 08:56:48 am »

I think an ancient or medieval (historic or fantasy) setting would be less complex to acomplish. And obvuisly it would need to be more modern, but yeah something along those lines.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: May 03, 2022, 08:03:19 pm »

I wish there were more idle/realtime waiting-based games that actually has good gameplay and not just a skinner box.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: May 03, 2022, 08:46:06 pm »

Ymir is a good one.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: May 03, 2022, 10:21:04 pm »

I really appreciated The Longing.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: May 04, 2022, 01:32:35 am »

I think an ancient or medieval (historic or fantasy) setting would be less complex to acomplish. And obvuisly it would need to be more modern, but yeah something along those lines.
Endless Legends and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes fit the first two, inasmuch as they are customizable-city-building medieval-high-fantasy 4X games with battles fought on mostly the same map.

The third condition practically limits you to Total War series short of some very niche and complicated combat sims, with no modern overlap with city builders I'm familiar with.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: May 20, 2022, 02:30:30 pm »

I want a game that delivers on the promise of the Dragon language from Skyrim. I want to be able to chain together any of the words I know to make some wacky and wild spell.

I've actually been workshopping this in my free time - the hardest part so far has actually been deciding if I want constraints on the number of components to a spell, and then figuring out interesting things to do that are actually possible to be implemented.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: May 21, 2022, 01:44:53 am »

I think you should limit the nuber of spell word-components. Either that, or make more complex spells cost more of some resource (such as breath). In the second case, the player could upgrade their lung capacity to get access to longer shouts.

But in the end, the length of a shout should be limited by something.

I am also interested whether there would be any need to form actual sentences.

Btw, look at the game Magicka. It does something similar, though if you are going to use a language, it will nescessarily be more complex.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: May 21, 2022, 11:54:48 am »

There's occasionally other attempts at a word (or otherwise fairly freeform component) based magic system outside magicka. I'm, uh. Blanking on names at the moment. But they're out there. Iirc there's been at least two or three either stalled or still in (glacial) development roguelikes that was being built around it. Pretty sure there's some non-roguelike ones, too, somewhere lost in the desolate wastelands of the steam catalogue, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: May 21, 2022, 11:59:01 am »

ahh, you mean perplexicon-likes? :p

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: May 21, 2022, 01:41:58 pm »

Magicmaker was a fairly good attempt at freeform magic crafting. You get loads of components that interact in various ways so you can create laser beams that bounce off walls and poison struck enemies, or whatever.

That said there were only so many components and they usually just combined their individual effects rather than creating entirely new effects, so perhaps it's not what you're looking for. It's something, anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 577