Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 904734 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8565 on: May 21, 2022, 02:05:19 pm »

also its ost is pretty damn good, just throwing that one out there
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: May 30, 2022, 08:37:15 am »

"Village sim" except it's developing a backwater solar system.

Modded X3 is close but it scales poorly if you try to develop the world instead of merely exploiting the economy, and the scope is a bit wider than what I'm thinking of.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: May 30, 2022, 04:20:59 pm »

Yo  :P

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: June 13, 2022, 04:49:15 am »

I want 'WeGo' X-Com,  where the turns of each team are computed simultaneously, as opposed to the traditional 'I go and then you go'.   Of course, in order to prevent  issues such as melee-combat units from opposite teams  running past each other,  units would only follow orders in spirit, but not in letter, and need  to think for themselves in order to decide how and to what extent a tactical order is obeyed.  A unit movement order would be something like "Move onto <Square> and do <Action> , but follow <Alternative Order>  in situation <Condition>, ... etc", which together with a unit's personality and skills and unfolding conditions on the ground determines the eventual result.

Basically, I want a "War in the pacific" style of  X-com, as it would add to the chaos and make tactical planning more strategic.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: June 13, 2022, 07:16:24 am »

So basically a riff on Frozen Synapse and stuff like it?
Ask not!
Ask!

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: June 14, 2022, 04:17:12 am »

So basically a riff on Frozen Synapse and stuff like it?

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that game, i'll have to check it out.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: June 15, 2022, 04:42:22 am »

I want 'WeGo' X-Com,  where the turns of each team are computed simultaneously, as opposed to the traditional 'I go and then you go'.   Of course, in order to prevent  issues such as melee-combat units from opposite teams  running past each other,  units would only follow orders in spirit, but not in letter, and need  to think for themselves in order to decide how and to what extent a tactical order is obeyed.  A unit movement order would be something like "Move onto <Square> and do <Action> , but follow <Alternative Order>  in situation <Condition>, ... etc", which together with a unit's personality and skills and unfolding conditions on the ground determines the eventual result.

Basically, I want a "War in the pacific" style of  X-com, as it would add to the chaos and make tactical planning more strategic.

Isn't that 5e D&D?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: June 18, 2022, 12:29:05 am »

One player controls chess pieces, while the other has checkers pieces.

I think chess might have the advantage, but then again checkers can take multiple pieces in a turn given an opening.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: June 18, 2022, 01:30:27 am »

One player controls chess pieces, while the other has checkers pieces.

I think chess might have the advantage, but then again checkers can take multiple pieces in a turn given an opening.

Checkers basically can't win. They are bound to black spaces, so all chess has to do is stay on white spaces unless there is a good opening to take something.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: June 18, 2022, 11:25:33 am »

I'd swear that exists anyway. If there's not some program out there that lets you play a four way game where one person is playing chess, another go, a third shogi, and the last checkers, I will be fairly surprised. There's definitely board game emulators that would let you set it up yourself.
Ask not!
Ask!

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: July 23, 2022, 03:33:25 am »

Sometimes I watch videos on Rust by some streamers like Stevie. Looks like fun, but...

A: I'm not 20 years old with heaps of time on my hands to play a game that hard core.
B: I'm not great at / interested in shooting guns.

Makes me wish there was a similar game out there that was a bit more friendly in terms of grind / skill cap, with a kind of medieval theme.

Basically, build castles on a PvP server, run around, shoot bows and fight with swords.

Maybe add some kind of feudal system where you can sign up to be protected by the people who have more time, in exchange for a portion of your loot.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: July 23, 2022, 06:57:15 am »

Sometimes I watch videos on Rust by some streamers like Stevie. Looks like fun, but...

A: I'm not 20 years old with heaps of time on my hands to play a game that hard core.
B: I'm not great at / interested in shooting guns.

Makes me wish there was a similar game out there that was a bit more friendly in terms of grind / skill cap, with a kind of medieval theme.

Basically, build castles on a PvP server, run around, shoot bows and fight with swords.

Maybe add some kind of feudal system where you can sign up to be protected by the people who have more time, in exchange for a portion of your loot.

Not tried it and pretty sure development is dead is community developed now, but there is Medieval Engineers
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 06:59:47 am by Sharp »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: July 28, 2022, 06:10:21 pm »

GTA but it's in space.

Setting is a densely populated single solar system, maybe an asteroid field. Dense traffic of ships that you can hijack at your whim. For gameplay reasons, like GTA, civilians mostly don't react but get high enough heat and system police start coming after you in bigger and bigger hardware.

Dogfight with the ships you steal. Different weapon loadouts depending on the model of ship (but mostly consistent loadouts for a given model).

I wonder how much you lose not being able to just walk around the city, being forced to be in a ship at all times.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: July 28, 2022, 10:15:11 pm »

GTA but it's in space.

Setting is a densely populated single solar system, maybe an asteroid field. Dense traffic of ships that you can hijack at your whim. For gameplay reasons, like GTA, civilians mostly don't react but get high enough heat and system police start coming after you in bigger and bigger hardware.

Dogfight with the ships you steal. Different weapon loadouts depending on the model of ship (but mostly consistent loadouts for a given model).

I wonder how much you lose not being able to just walk around the city, being forced to be in a ship at all times.
I think you just described every Elite-like arcade spaceflight sim ever, except with an interactive boarding component stapled on. There aren't many with that latter feature, though.

The only two I could think of are Ascii Sector, a roguelike Wing Commander: Privateer semi-clone, and some old obscure Russian stuff I shall not name.

A GTA-like set inside a massive space station that rotated for gravity, on the other hand...Go fast enough against the rotation and you might just tumble off into the sky. That would be one unusual gameplay mechanic right there.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: July 29, 2022, 12:04:57 pm »

I'd like a Sim city - Civilisation game.

A city you would develop from Neolithic to modern times, choosing a place in a world map, and then a specific place. Let's say it directly : I want a city builder, and NOT something about war.
You still would build stockades, castles, forts, if you want, but you wouldn't actually control war. You would have news about your kingdom/country and what happens, and depending on the place you chose to build your city, you could be raided, or attacked, but well. Attacks would happen like "without you", like in Dominions. You would see it, and watch your city win, or in fire, or be pillaged, or even worse.  Most cities in Europe were conquered and still not destroyed during their very long history. Their architecture, their apparence is caused by their historu. Maybe if you didn't defend correctly your cities raid would happen more often, and eventually destroy it. So you can't play without it, but you wouldn't have to select units clic clic clic send them, clic clic clic build a barrack. It's not this.
I still want a Sim City. Not a Age of Empire or Caesar.

On the other hand science would progress and you would be notified of this, and Society would change too, religion, economy and stuff. The key thing is that most City builder today are building US cities. But european (or asian) cities are full of their history. You can't build a modern Rome with a city builder.
So, I'd like that, after some time, your economy could maybe collapse or change (because trade routes change, or because your copper isn't useful anymore when iron becomes dominant, or maybe you are now on a frontier, or maybe now the sea isn't safe anymore ?) and you can't afford to have such a big temple, or maybe a castle isn't useful anymore now. So after time, they become ruins because you have to make choices with the money you have left. And destroying ruins is very costly so why bother ? I'd really like a Sim city where time passed is obvious, where there are old things because times change. And maybe after a time you will rebuild, scavenging old stones.

And maybe when you finally discover "historical preservation" you will rediscover old temples, old tombs, old palace, when building your new airport and then build a museum to attact tourism. Maybe your civilisation was flourishing and invented democracy, or maybe you had a golden age when you were a city-state for 500 years, and protected art during all these years. Or maybe you are a big industrial city, after all.

Add to this random generation of cultures, of religions, of neighbours, and of dynamic relationships between territories off-screen and that's really what i would like.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 577