Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 905227 times)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
Games you wish existed
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »

Anyone think up concepts you REALLY wanted to play, but unfortunately don't exist?
Just to day, I thought of a game like this:
In most games, when you fail a mission, you get a "GAME OVER" screen and must start again. However, in a game like this, if you lost the plot would adapt accordingly. For example, this mission would be "The attack was successful but they're launching a counterattack, survive until reinforcements arrive and keep at least five troops alive". If you failed to defend the troops, the base would be destroyed and you'd have to flee and assemble a makeshift squad and base as a last resort.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:38 pm »

I wish the game I've been wanting and trying and failing to make for years existed: A fully free-form, open-world, almost entirely procedurally generated JRPG in the lieu of Dragon Quest. Each character and enemy has a class (of which there are 500+), one or more skill trees, and lots of customization options. Any NPC is recruitable. Dynamic plot and endings based on the player's choices (and new playable worlds spring up based on how the last one's main plotline ended).

Alternately, a procedurally generated Zelda game.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:56 pm »

-I wish there was a strategy game (preferably roguelike) about guerrilla warfare agains stronger enemy.
-Mount and blade with navy battles.
...lots of others these are my favorites for this week. I have to say that cataclysm pretty much fulfilled my apocalypse roguelike cravings.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:58 pm »

An actual gang war game. Saints Row 1 was somewhat close, but very far now. Then you have the few really shitty made ones. I want a really good one.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:14:42 pm »

A dungeon crawler where I get to play as a robot and collect parts to customize myself.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:15:18 pm »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MMO.
No levels, perma death and forced survival.

Imagine starting the game, getting all your gear together, walked out of Cordon only to see a player bandit shaking down a corpse. You pop him in his head with your busted up AK and just as you start looting those cans of baked beans off him you get your chest exploded by some sniper Duty member.

It would take the Losing is Fun concept to a new extreme. Sure it would never be popular and they might as well call it A.U.T.I.S.M. but hell, the fact that it existed would make me happy.

-Mount and blade with navy battles.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,135589.0.html

Try that, it's got sea battles, pirates and shit. Little bit buggy but they said by next release they should have all the bugs ironed out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:20:07 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 01:18:09 pm »

I've always wanted to play a game where you start out as a soldier on the front lines, but as you move up ranks throughout the game it turns more into a strategy as you start to command squads, then companies, and ending with you general of the military. I've seen plenty of blends between strategy and FPS, but none quite like this.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 01:19:46 pm »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MMO.
No levels, perma death and forced survival.

Imagine starting the game, getting all your gear together, walked out of Cordon only to see a player bandit shaking down a corpse. You pop him in his head with your busted up AK and just as you start looting those cans of baked beans off him you get your chest exploded by some sniper Duty member.

It would take the Losing is Fun concept to a new extreme. Sure it would never be popular and they might as well call it A.U.T.I.S.M. but hell, the fact that it existed would make me happy.

They do have plans for an MMO type of game at some point, possibly even stalker 2. Doubtful, but that's what they said.

I've always wanted to play a game where you start out as a soldier on the front lines, but as you move up ranks throughout the game it turns more into a strategy as you start to command squads, then companies, and ending with you general of the military. I've seen plenty of blends between strategy and FPS, but none quite like this.

Thats actually a part of like what my dream game to make would be, I thought of this absolutely insane game idea, but it's comparable to dwarf fortress in terms of project wise.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 01:21:03 pm »

a god game.
but one where you are a god and can do everything you want in the entire world.
like beginning you and the world in the start, and the solar system, then time passes and you create races, then it passes more yet and you can decide how the planet is, looks, or what grows on it, then if life gets to form, then if those who are formed are intelligent and how much, if they venerate you or not, then you can also decide to play as one of them and live a life, with everything possible to happen.
and then, if you want, you can go around all god-like doing whatever you want and people will worship you all around.
and maybe create a galaxy, or similar...man...what a huge game it would be...like 90 gigabytes and growing...
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 01:22:09 pm »

2005 Spore? 

I just made myself sad.  :-[

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 01:22:59 pm »

An FPS where you are able to design your own equipment and armor with some rudimentary accounting for physics and some low sci-fic tech thrown in to keep it interesting.
Thank you based dwarf.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »

A proper Zombie survival RTS would be awesome.
*Hugs*

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 01:28:51 pm »

2005 Spore? 

in part.
but what i meant is something huger.
something as comples as dwarf fortress, but instead like "god galaxy" were you can randomly generate universes and gods or not.
and gods with the same freedom that can be found in the RP's in the roleplaying section of bay12.
want to be a god of mutations? go with it.
god of darkness/light/moustaches? go with it.
you want to be a god who comes to live like a baby of the race you created and live that life with it's limitations? go and do it.
you want to do as above sentence, but keeping your godly power, and see how much you can survive without openly using them? go and do it.
man...i just don't know...a game i always wanted needs to give you a degree of FREEDOM which is actually really hard to achieve. freedom to do anything, anywhere, in any way you want to.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 01:31:56 pm »

2005 Spore? 

in part.
but what i meant is something huger.
something as comples as dwarf fortress, but instead like "god galaxy" were you can randomly generate universes and gods or not.
and gods with the same freedom that can be found in the RP's in the roleplaying section of bay12.
want to be a god of mutations? go with it.
god of darkness/light/moustaches? go with it.
you want to be a god who comes to live like a baby of the race you created and live that life with it's limitations? go and do it.
you want to do as above sentence, but keeping your godly power, and see how much you can survive without openly using them? go and do it.
man...i just don't know...a game i always wanted needs to give you a degree of FREEDOM which is actually really hard to achieve. freedom to do anything, anywhere, in any way you want to.
This would actually be pretty cool, play as the leader of a race and wage war on another civilization...

Also, an MMO FPS where buying things don't have a timer, all permenant.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:33:29 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 01:35:03 pm »

-snip-
I'd be a horrible god. I'd generate two races on hellish worlds, teach them to war without mercy, and then set it up so they would inevitably clash in a gigantic war. I'd probably set a bunch of much smaller neutral factions on the sidelines with varied personalities and see how they cope with a massive war tearing apart their galaxy.

PS: At least one of the neutral factions would be a race raised to be as naive and childish as possible, with them having immortality so they would never have to worry about death and me constantly micromanaging them so they rarely if ever had to worry about consequences. They'd be right in the center of the conflict and I'd leave them to fend for themselves to see how long it would take for the entire race to go completely insane.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:39:49 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 577