Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 904924 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 01:36:43 pm »

Another one:

At RTS where you can't control any of your units or build any buildings.  You have to write in a scripting language(with lots of helper functions) the AI of your units yourself!  :)  There would be online competitions to see who has the best RTS AI's.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

Another one:

At RTS where you can't control any of your units or build any buildings.  You have to write in a scripting language(with lots of helper functions) the AI of your units yourself!  :)  There would be online competitions to see who has the best RTS AI's.

It exists.

Played it... Hate it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 01:39:34 pm »

Another one:

It exists.

Played it... Hate it.

Tell me more! :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 01:41:18 pm »

You get teams of robots that you build yourself. You don't control them in battle, instead you design their AI and they use that in order to win over their competition.

The manual is HUUUUGE!!!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 01:43:33 pm »

You get teams of robots that you build yourself. You don't control them in battle, instead you design their AI and they use that in order to win over their competition.

The manual is HUUUUGE!!!

I need a name!  Hehehe. 

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »

The manual is HUUUUGE!!!

Is this corewars because that is a glorious game IMO.

If not, corewars is what Levi wants but 1 vs 1 and sort of minus the some of the RTS part. Also you write your bots in something akin to assembly.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 01:51:37 pm »

The manual is HUUUUGE!!!

Is this corewars because that is a glorious game IMO.

If not, corewars is what Levi wants but 1 vs 1 and sort of minus the some of the RTS part. Also you write your bots in something akin to assembly.

I haven't played corewars, but I do remember playing robocode back in the day.  I'm thinking of something that is a little less "turn 10 degrees and fire" and something more "travel to within 10 clicks of X,Y and attack anything that comes within Z range.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:29 pm »

The Star Trek Online that was advertised before Cryptic took over. Collaborative ship crewing, fully realized spaceship interiors with different duty stations. Something like Artemis but played from the bridge perspective, mixed with a little puzzle pirates perhaps.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 01:55:18 pm »

-snip-
I'd be a horrible god. I'd generate two races on hellish worlds, teach them to war without mercy, and then set it up so they would inevitably clash in a gigantic war. I'd probably set a bunch of much smaller neutral factions on the sidelines with varied personalities and see how they cope with a massive war tearing apart their galaxy.

PS: At least one of the neutral factions would be a race raised to be as naive and childish as possible, with them having immortality so they would never have to worry about death and me constantly micromanaging them so they rarely if ever had to worry about consequences. They'd be right in the center of the conflict and I'd leave them to fend for themselves to see how long it would take for the entire race to go completely insane.

this could be one.
or maybe, let's say, you play like a god-in-disguise as a mortal but with powers.
you decide to become a ruthless night killer and kill people in such strange and confusing ways that the police has no clue what to do.
Then you create a truly pacific church which venerates you as a pacific god.
THEN you reveal yourself as the murderer of the daughters and sons of all the powerful mens in the world you created.
see how your pacific adepts become blasphemous wrenches.
And kill them all for their misbeliefs.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 01:58:14 pm »

A bit more modest than some of the requests here. But I'd like it if Raven made a return to the Hexen and Heretic style games. But that's not likely since they're owned by activision and stuff now...

* Janet sighs.

A more modern take on one of those games would be awesome. .<
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »

I've always wanted to play a game where you start out as a soldier on the front lines, but as you move up ranks throughout the game it turns more into a strategy as you start to command squads, then companies, and ending with you general of the military. I've seen plenty of blends between strategy and FPS, but none quite like this.
this

and:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 02:07:11 pm »

I want to see a survival game lashed on to a physics engine that accounts for materials and how they would interact with each other. Think Powder Toy meets Stranded meets Minecraft.

Making a chisel-shaped item out of wood, and being able to use that tool as wood to burn if things got rough, not be restricted by pre-set item definitions other than if it has a sharp edge, blunt weapon, etc. Wood things would burn, metal would have more structural integrity (otherwise limiting the amount you could build), things of that nature.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 02:07:49 pm »

Colobot or Ceebot for the design-it-yourself AI RTS.

Roboforge for 1 on 1 matches between custom-made AI robots.

What I'd like to see is a hypothetical game that's an intelligent hybrid of Star Control 2, Space Rangers 2, Imperium Galactica 2, and Noctis. So that there's a huginormous (no-hope-of-exploring-in-a-single-lifetime huginormous) galaxy out there, pregenerated but with randomly allocated "pockets" of intelligent life that tie themselves together via some FTL system, and strive to protect the galaxy against a suddenly appearing threat, which you first fight a losing battle against, then assemble an alliance, research the enemy's origins, develop countermeasures, and eventually drive the invaders out of the galaxy. This in a completely "living" environment with real trade routes, real NPC ships milling about their business, exploring, pirating, liberating, etc. All the time you're also free to explore the uncharted space for minerals, give names to stars and planets, fund or build spacestations, design and craft your own ships, then eventually control an armada that you will wield to (effectively) single-handedly drive the push against the enemy. That is a game I'd really like to play. X3 just seems too cramped.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 02:24:13 pm »

An MMOFPS where multiple factions were vying for the same solar system, made up of 5 planets, a few moons, and an asteroid belt. Everything would be in real time and the main server would be run on an IBM supercomputer to keep up with the demand.

It would be in the vein of ArmA, where it was a combined arms simulator. However, Space would also be an important factor, where space superiority over a planet would mean the ability to use dropships and orbital bombardment of enemy troops. There would be classic sci-fi fare such as mechs, but there would be a focus on projectiles over particle weaponry.

now, there would not be simple inter-species fighting. There's always been either various factions of humanity, or various species fighting over the same area. Instead, there would be multiple factions AND multiple species fighting over the same area. Even if one faction gains the advantage, you can band up with other species, or unite your species, to push back. Combine this with the fact that you need the resources and production capacity of planets, moons, or asteroids, and you have a chaotic war where no side is truly united and backstabbing is commonplace.

Tech would be mostly balanced, but species would have certain unique advantages. However, if you captured an outpost of an enemy species, you would be able to use whatever tech they had left over. You could also have access to it if you allied with a species. Each would hold specific advantages and disadvantages. If you did FINALLY manage to unite the solar system under your control, you would have to face other things, such as insurgencies by the other factions. They would most likely succeed, but it would be a tough fight for them. In all, the uniting of the solar system would be a grace period, where you would be able to build up your reserves and have the force to (somewhat) fight back a revolution from all sides.

The game would those commanding the tactical, and those commanding the strategic. There would be tanks, mechs, apc's, fighters, bombers, dropships,and howitzers. In space you would have frigates, corvettes, even mighty carriers and destroyers. And of course, a wide variety of tactical weapons, including venerable assault rifles, heavy hitting combat and sniper rifles, machine guns, shotguns, sub machine guns, rocket and missile launchers, flame throwers, and a variety of other weapons, like acid launchers, mortars, personal lasers (handy for burning a hole in that tank tread) and more.

In short, the best Combined Arms Simulation there ever was.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 02:25:26 pm »

Dwarf fortress with a decent UI and graphic support.

You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 577