Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929485 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2011, 09:46:25 am »

I wished there was a prehistoric survival game where you can be a caveman and hunt dinosaurs and such in an open-world

Too bad it was cancelled.

Looks like it is only suspended.. since 2004.. might be vaporware by now.. such wasted potential..  :(

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2011, 09:49:28 am »

I'd like to see a fuller version of Zachtronic Industries game, Bureau of Steam Engineering.  Seeing as their Infiniminer had it's spiritual successor (debatable) in the form of Minecraft, I don't think he could bear that happening again though.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2011, 10:12:11 am »

An MMO (properly and correctly) based on ShadowRun (and not that shitty FPS that came out with that name, but was not ShadowRun).

I want god damn dragons running the god damned megacorps like the god damned power players they are.

I would also give one of my lungs for this.
http://awakenedmmo.org/ Tech demo should be out by december, evidently its going to be a single player demo for now. They're also looking for artistic help.

I saw someone mention pokemon once. Personally, I'd like to expand it even more. Forests, plains, non linearity, foraging for food, tracking pokemon down by tracks and other signs. Free form battles similar to the TV show, moves that do more then just hits for damage, moves that modify the terrain, agility and dodging.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2011, 10:16:29 am »

Problem Sleuth: The Game. It'd probably end up like a TF2 type thing with story missions and more wieldable weapons (if AD is out of ammo he can swipe that hand gun from PI, vice versa). I wouldn't care if it was the comic story line or if it was a new one, switching from imagination to real world would be fun, and it be great just to look at.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2011, 10:28:52 am »

Problem Sleuth: The Game. It'd probably end up like a TF2 type thing with story missions and more wieldable weapons (if AD is out of ammo he can swipe that hand gun from PI, vice versa). I wouldn't care if it was the comic story line or if it was a new one, switching from imagination to real world would be fun, and it be great just to look at.

You realize, of course, that it'd never work, due to some of the sheer absurdities that the comic used as valid tactics.  Such as running a power cord through a projector about six times in order for it to be the right size.

Or the house that contained itself.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2011, 10:31:17 am »

Exactly, it'd probably take place AFTER the storyline because a six hour DMK battle would suck.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2011, 03:36:56 pm »

I wished there was a prehistoric survival game where you can be a caveman and hunt dinosaurs and such in an open-world

Too bad it was cancelled.

Looks like it is only suspended.. since 2004.. might be vaporware by now.. such wasted potential..  :(

Peter is wasted potential...

He was part of the triumverant of creativly cool games with Will Wright and Sid Meiyer (Though Sid is probably off the list at this point...)

Heck it is to the point where you could put things like: Black and White 2 Prime... or Fable 2 Prime...

Peter why WHY Peter!?! Having a game come from him and not be mindblowing is always disapointing.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:38:51 pm by Neonivek »

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2011, 04:29:56 pm »

I would like to see Final Fantasy 6 redone as a combination of Total War and and Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms.  One of the factions would be based out of an airship, the battles would be epic.

I would also like to see X-Com properly remade with a large budget, no offense to the hard working fan community thats been plugging away at it.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2011, 04:46:38 pm »

FF7. Same as always, but updated to run on any modern PC.

Populous 4. From Dust looks similar, but i think i'd rather fight other tribes and gods than war against nature.

X4. With balance, better menus, and actually running smoothly through any effects, on hardware you can afford to buy and run.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:48:26 pm by Lord Snow »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »

How has nobody said Half Life 2 Episode 3? Fine, I will.

Half Life 2 Episode 3.

I've also had an idea knocking around in my head for a while-an FPS within which you chose a customised loadout akin to TF2, but by choosing 2 Primary Weapons, 2 Secondary Weapons and a Melee Weapon, with fully customisable characters and built in map and weapon editors. These could then be submitted into contests and the winners would get their creations added to the official maps.

It's never going to happen, but a man can dream.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

I forgot about RM games. Demon Tower and Edifice would be great, and so would Ill Will.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2011, 05:35:32 pm »

FF Versus XIII, GTA San Andreas 2, Medieval 3: Total War and a gorram remake of FF7.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2011, 07:39:09 pm »

What I'd like to see is a hypothetical game that's an intelligent hybrid of Star Control 2, Space Rangers 2, Imperium Galactica 2, and Noctis. So that there's a huginormous (no-hope-of-exploring-in-a-single-lifetime huginormous) galaxy out there, pregenerated but with randomly allocated "pockets" of intelligent life that tie themselves together via some FTL system, and strive to protect the galaxy against a suddenly appearing threat, which you first fight a losing battle against, then assemble an alliance, research the enemy's origins, develop countermeasures, and eventually drive the invaders out of the galaxy. This in a completely "living" environment with real trade routes, real NPC ships milling about their business, exploring, pirating, liberating, etc. All the time you're also free to explore the uncharted space for minerals, give names to stars and planets, fund or build spacestations, design and craft your own ships, then eventually control an armada that you will wield to (effectively) single-handedly drive the push against the enemy. That is a game I'd really like to play. X3 just seems too cramped.

This idea is fun of win. Kudos.

I always was fond of the idea of a game where you could do anything. Generally speaking though, I have some pet-peeves about the sandbox game genre that I wish a company would address.

• I'd like to see a serious take on a closed world/economy. In a single player game, at least, there wouldn't be griefing from one person hoarding every Iron Longsword in the world. I want to apply this to everything, though. Items, monsters, civilians, even raw materials. The stories about possibly being able to drive a species extinct in DF Adventure mode make me a little giddy. I like things being possible even if they are entirely unfeasible.
  • I hate it when the AI (or the player, in some cases!) gets an unfair advantage. Bonus resources, endlessly-respawning ships, the works. Basically tied in with the complaint above though. I ought to be able to starve an opponent out.
  • I want a real dynamic quest system that responds to, and capitalizes on, the game world. So many times game designers break this guideline along with the ones above! In X2 for example, I'll get to a station that's dry on a resource and there will often be a quest to fill its needs. That's the good kind of quest. There's also horrible ones where the guy's like "Save me from the Xenon" and they spawn immediately after the quest is taken. And if the quest isn't taken, they don't spawn at all!
  • Ties in with the above, but I'd like quests not to always wait for the player. In a dynamic, procedurally-generated world, the player shouldn't be the only one doing fetch quests. If that poor sap can't find someone to protect him from the Xenon (and their presence should trigger the quest to appear, not the other way around!)... then that guy's out of luck, and he's dead. Don't do this with static quests though, the existence of those pushes me into a completionist mindset and if they expire on me, I get rather upset. xD I just want the world to be able to crumble from collective apathy.

Tl;dr: Want a dynamic world that doesn't reserve a special place in its heart for the player character. The player needs to earn his respect. The dynamic system I suggest lets you do things like play both sides. (Tip the bad guys off to a place to raid, then watch a quest appear to kill the bad guys, and get rewarded for both? Yes please! x3)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2011, 08:17:46 pm »

-snip-

-snip again-
  • Ties in with the above, but I'd like quests not to always wait for the player. In a dynamic, procedurally-generated world, the player shouldn't be the only one doing fetch quests. If that poor sap can't find someone to protect him from the Xenon (and their presence should trigger the quest to appear, not the other way around!)... then that guy's out of luck, and he's dead. Don't do this with static quests though, the existence of those pushes me into a completionist mindset and if they expire on me, I get rather upset. xD I just want the world to be able to crumble from collective apathy.

I'd like to expand on that idea: what if, in addition to all the NPCs running around, there were a number of Computer Controlled Players, or CCPs? These guys would run around the world, possibly completing these dynamic quests depending on their personalities and locations. For instance:
  • Idealistic Hero: This CCP would always jump in to save NPCs from danger, and maybe do minor repeatable subquests (go here and kill 10 pirate ships)
  • Greedy Bastard: This CCP would also help NPCs, but only for rewards. If offered enough incentive, they may even switch sides.
  • Trade Tycoon: This CCP would seek a peaceful trading life, taking advantage of supply and demand to make oodles of money. If the player is to slow to take advantage of market trends, this guy may beat the player to the punch.
  • Renegade: Basically, the guy who would rather play as a criminal. Stealing, piracy, even murder are all legitimate tactics in this CCPs eyes.

And yes, the player would be able to interact with these CCPs just like anyone else. They wouldn't be some background force that is never in the same area as you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2011, 08:33:27 pm »

I would like to see Final Fantasy 6 redone as a combination of Total War and and Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms.  One of the factions would be based out of an airship, the battles would be epic.
You know, I've always wanted a FF12 mod for Star Wars: Empire at War. The "space" battles would be fleet engagements between airships, with large infantry squads battling it out on the ground. It might actually be possible.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 577