Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926961 times)

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2011, 12:32:26 am »

A AAA modern xcom type (don't you dare mention that FPS monstrosity) that's not the UFO: after-x series.. don't get me wrong, I liked that series well enough, but they were buggy and felt half-finished with lots of unimplemented or poorly implemented features.  X-com has aged surprisingly well but after all these years I'd like something a little more modernized. Heck, It does not even have to be space aliens... as long as it's got the base management, R&D, overworld map and tactical combat it could be YET ANOTHER ww2 game and I'd be happy.

http://www.xenonauts.com/ ?
Not really AAA I guess but it's looking pretty good :).

As for what I'd like hmm...
I wish for a game that would surprise me by its depth after playing dwarf fortress.
Any genre will do, I don't care :p.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 04, 2011, 06:55:54 pm »

An extremely-better looking and less laggy version of Shores of Hazeron, even though the origonal version won't work on my computer. -_-

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 04, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »

I wish for a game that would surprise me by its depth after playing dwarf fortress.

Aurora  ;D

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 04, 2011, 07:21:13 pm »

Aurora  ;D

Aurora makes Dwarf Fortress look accessible with an easy-to-use intuitive UI. :\

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:24 pm »

Jesus. I must be brilliant at it then. I pretty much understood most of the screens when I first started, and I was half a sleep...

then again, I have always played strategy games since 5...

Let me put it this way:

There's a "new player startup guide."

It takes 45 minutes before you can even start playing the game.  It's not like DF where you can press a button and generate a new world and it's all hunky dory and you can just "play now" on an embark (ok, so the dwarf's equipment and professions aren't the best, but at least it's playable).

Aurora's defaults are not newbie friendly.  It's like pressing "play now" and getting 3 dwarfs in a desert without a pickaxe and no booze:

On the far right of the screen there are a couple of things to change. Under Commanders the second check box is for commander political bonuses. Uncheck this box, and the box below this for Inexperienced Fleets. They both add complexity that can confuse the beginner.

Also, Aurora has significantly fewer graphics.  The entire game is nothing but a huge series of dropdown menus.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:59:49 pm by Draco18s »

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2011, 08:58:47 pm »

I want a game where people don't just stare at each other when you talk to them. I want them to be DYNAMIC.

HL2 had some dynamic animations to go with conversations.
Conversations? Your character is a mute!

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2011, 11:46:06 pm »

Aurora  ;D

Aurora makes Dwarf Fortress look accessible with an easy-to-use intuitive UI. :\

Alas I have different issues with Aurora, more ethical than anything else but:
1)I can't trust a program that installs stuff in system32
2)How badly coded does a game have to be to actually ask you to change your regional settings...
3)It's coded in VB(*shivers*)...

Aurora may be brilliant and all but I can't make myself install it. That may sound really stupid and I'm probably passing some gem inside what I perceive as a big pile of garbage, but I can't >.<.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2011, 05:39:54 am »

I want a game where people don't just stare at each other when you talk to them. I want them to be DYNAMIC.

HL2 had some dynamic animations to go with conversations.
Conversations? Your character is a mute!
Games with mute players really breaks down the immersion. In Dead Island, I was expecting different things for my character to say (every 4 characters have different personalities) and they were mute! They only talked when they found a weapon or killed a zombie or something  :o

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2011, 10:52:41 am »

Games with mute players really breaks down the immersion. In Dead Island, I was expecting different things for my character to say (every 4 characters have different personalities) and they were mute! They only talked when they found a weapon or killed a zombie or something  :o

You even have an altercation with yourself at some point.

Drakasin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2011, 03:51:52 pm »

A game in which you play as a dragon from birth to death by getting old. Randomly generated world, many monsters, dungeons, events, empires. Damn!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 12, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

Makai Kingdom sequal en Ingles por favor....instead of 5 horrid Ar Tornelio ports in a year /exageration.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:28 pm »

A game in which you play as a dragon from birth to death by getting old. Randomly generated world, many monsters, dungeons, events, empires. Damn!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »

A realistic fighting game. With bones and organs. So fights that go on for a few rounds could very well end up with someone having several broken bones.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2011, 10:33:17 pm »

A realistic fighting game. With bones and organs. So fights that go on for a few rounds could very well end up with someone having several broken bones.

Toribash?

This, so hard.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2011, 10:52:37 pm »

A freeware game where I can explore and colonise. There are games like this, but I can't download more than 20 megabytes.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 577