Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926754 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #870 on: May 09, 2012, 11:41:05 am »

And we'll call it... Catch of Duty: Modern 22.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 09, 2012, 12:44:38 pm »

Your character stands up in a trench as impenetrable fog flows away from you. You pick up a strange and mysterious tool and run through earthen trenches, every step lighter and faster than the one before. Soon you leap from the trench and are running through a ruined industrial wasteland. You encounter some dead men. Using your tool, you remove the lead pellets in the corpses and rejuvenate the fallen men. Your enemies stand up and start to breath. Soon they will get their own machines and go out and do the same to others. But before they can even see you, or thank you, you're gone. You travel through the ruined buildings and watch as a cloud of dust roils up and engulfs a pile of rubble. As quickly as it appeared, the cloud vanishes and a shining new building is where the rubble once was. The new building disgorges a rocket which flies up and over the horizon to some distant helicopter. You watch people emerge from the building and you tell your commanders of this over radio. You walk further and further on, until you find your comrades. They are sitting in ruined trucks, but as you come near, debris and smoke funnel into the hulks, searing with heat and energy as the vehicles reassemble themselves. The only things left when all is said and done are a few bland cardboard boxes. Later, young men will come take these boxes and disassemble them, putting the dangerous materials within to practical uses. You ride with your friends back to a fortified compound. Every wall bristles with machines which are occasionally used to restore the dead to life. You turn in your machine and board a plane. You fly in a plane and return home. You are trained to question orders, to shun violence. You callouses are worked away. You live.

There's an inverted CoD game.

Have some internets, literatures and sarcasms.  You earned them.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 09, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »

Chromehounds 2, nuff said.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 09, 2012, 05:59:15 pm »

Your character stands up in a trench as impenetrable fog flows away from you. You pick up a strange and mysterious tool and run through earthen trenches, every step lighter and faster than the one before. Soon you leap from the trench and are running through a ruined industrial wasteland. You encounter some dead men. Using your tool, you remove the lead pellets in the corpses and rejuvenate the fallen men. Your enemies stand up and start to breath. Soon they will get their own machines and go out and do the same to others. But before they can even see you, or thank you, you're gone. You travel through the ruined buildings and watch as a cloud of dust roils up and engulfs a pile of rubble. As quickly as it appeared, the cloud vanishes and a shining new building is where the rubble once was. The new building disgorges a rocket which flies up and over the horizon to some distant helicopter. You watch people emerge from the building and you tell your commanders of this over radio. You walk further and further on, until you find your comrades. They are sitting in ruined trucks, but as you come near, debris and smoke funnel into the hulks, searing with heat and energy as the vehicles reassemble themselves. The only things left when all is said and done are a few bland cardboard boxes. Later, young men will come take these boxes and disassemble them, putting the dangerous materials within to practical uses. You ride with your friends back to a fortified compound. Every wall bristles with machines which are occasionally used to restore the dead to life. You turn in your machine and board a plane. You fly in a plane and return home. You are trained to question orders, to shun violence. You callouses are worked away. You live.

Sounds similar to TimeShift.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 09, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »

I believe there is already a game where you can reverse time that is more similar to the description than timeshift
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 09, 2012, 07:05:20 pm »

I wish JRPG would get the fuck over themselves, and modernize.
Its a culture thing. I don't consider JRPG a genre(personally). But there's a reason a lot of westen games sell like shit in Japan, just like how Japanese games sell like shit in America/if it gets to Europe(and God-willing Australia).
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #876 on: May 09, 2012, 08:13:54 pm »

From what I understand, Australia sinks cargo ships containing computer games on sight.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 09, 2012, 11:11:30 pm »

From what I understand, Australia sinks cargo ships containing computer games on sight.
Mostly just JRPGs and anything more violent than Halo 3 (which, depending on the politician, either equates to Luigi's Mansion or Manhunt).

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:55 pm »

Mostly just JRPGs and anything more violent than Halo 3 (which, depending on the politician, either equates to Luigi's Mansion or Manhunt).
Plus they sink half the ships anyway to drive up the price.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 09, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »

Plus they sink half the ships anyway to drive up the price.
I was under the impression (mostly from Yahtzee) that the gamers themselves want the games, but the politicians are still stuck in the Jack Thompson stage of game savvy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 09, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

Traitors deserve to be sunk. Bastards importing useless games when they should be importing precious emergency beer.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 09, 2012, 11:19:59 pm »

I was under the impression (mostly from Yahtzee) that the gamers themselves want the games, but the politicians are still stuck in the Jack Thompson stage of game savvy.
Yep. It's getting better but still no R rating. My copy of L4D2 has no corpses, the germans just got green blood. :'(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 09, 2012, 11:22:37 pm »

Yep. It's getting better but still no R rating. My copy of L4D2 has no corpses, the germans just got green blood. :'(
I genuinely feel sorry for Australians. Every living (and some non-living!) thing is trying to kill you, and your games are censored worse than our otherwise oh-so-puritanical society.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 09, 2012, 11:33:53 pm »

I wish JRPG would get the fuck over themselves, and modernize.
Its a culture thing. I don't consider JRPG a genre(personally). But there's a reason a lot of westen games sell like shit in Japan, just like how Japanese games sell like shit in America/if it gets to Europe(and God-willing Australia).

Well, JRPGs are a distinct genre from Western RPGs, they're about different things. And they're played for different reasons.

Extra Credit on PATV does a great job showing the distinction of JRPGs and Wester RPGs.

Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 09, 2012, 11:34:14 pm »

-snip-

Have some internets, literatures and sarcasms.  You earned them.

PTTG, that was the best thing I've read all week. Kudos to you.

Cooper, are our avatars identical or am I tripping out?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 577