Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929375 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #945 on: May 18, 2012, 01:57:46 pm »

A shooter on the historicaly losing side where it's possible but unlikely to change the course / strategy in the style of Dark Crusade, but set in WW2.

No, not the god damn company of linearity.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 18, 2012, 02:01:50 pm »

So, WWII as the Germans/Italians/Japanese? On a Risk-style map with RTS battles for control over regions? Might be fun.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 18, 2012, 03:31:25 pm »

A Star Wars Battlefront style campaign map sounds pretty great.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 18, 2012, 10:36:59 pm »

Something akin to MB merged with Europa Universalis and RTW.

Like, you have every castle and town in a country, war is realistic (that is, logistics need to be managed and all that), you can lead armies like MB in RTW-like battles, have character lineage progression CK2 style. Pretty much an ancient world nobility simulator. The closer to the Dark Ages the better.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 19, 2012, 12:43:49 am »

A shooter on the historicaly losing side where it's possible but unlikely to change the course / strategy in the style of Dark Crusade, but set in WW2.
Yeah I have to say this is something that is sorely missing from gaming. We have so many games set in World War II as the Americans, it's tedious. A game based around being a member of a small, ever decreasing, squad in the Wehrmacht on the closing days of the World War II would be interesting. 
Never really got the extreme levels of demonisation of the German army in World War II who often seem to blamed for the terrible things the SS and the like did. I would wager the average conscripted German  stuck in some foxhole hell covered in mud, piss and blood knew even less of what was going on in Nazi Germany than the citizens.

Like, you have every castle and town in a country, war is realistic (that is, logistics need to be managed and all that), you can lead armies like MB in RTW-like battles, have character lineage progression CK2 style. Pretty much an ancient world nobility simulator. The closer to the Dark Ages the better.
So basically a better more in-depth Total War? I could dig that. As for the age why not full Dark Age 500 AD Biritish Isles. With the Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Angles, Saxons, Britons, Picts, Franks and Jutes all fighting for power? Massive shield wars meeting each other in the fog of a British morning, horns blowing.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: May 19, 2012, 01:42:37 am »

Yeah I have to say this is something that is sorely missing from gaming. We have so many games set in World War II as the Americans, it's tedious. A game based around being a member of a small, ever decreasing, squad in the Wehrmacht on the closing days of the World War II would be interesting. 
Never really got the extreme levels of demonisation of the German army in World War II who often seem to blamed for the terrible things the SS and the like did. I would wager the average conscripted German  stuck in some foxhole hell covered in mud, piss and blood knew even less of what was going on in Nazi Germany than the citizens.

So basically a better more in-depth Total War? I could dig that. As for the age why not full Dark Age 500 AD Biritish Isles. With the Irish, Angles, Saxons, Britons, Picts, Franks and Jutes all fighting for power? Massive shield wars meeting each other in the fog of a British morning, horns blowing.
This would be amazing. I'm a sucker for anything set in dark ages britain as it's probably my hands-down favourite period of history. By the way, the welsh and cornish didn't really exist at that point, being descendants of the britons.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: May 19, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »

A 9th century Kievan Rus' is a very good setting for such game, with all the infighting between the rulers of the principalities for the control of Kiev and the constant raids of the Cuman nomads.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: May 19, 2012, 06:26:25 pm »

I may have already said this, but I desperately want Old English Metal Gear.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: May 19, 2012, 10:21:59 pm »

By the way, the welsh and cornish didn't really exist at that point, being descendants of the britons.
Yeah you're right, they did have their own rulers at the time trying to get power though. I forgot what their "de jure lands" were called at that time. Dark Ages are indeed also my favourite period in history. If there was ever a game like it I would love to play as some kind of "raider king" who gained his power from sacking Pictish towns or something.

There's a Mount and Blade: Warband mod based around 500 AD British Isles which is quite good. Brytenwalda if you haven't heard about it.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,189.30.html
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:24:45 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:45 am »

oh, i much prefer the late neolithic and early bronze age, the first steps into civilization spawned cultures so alien and fascinating

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: May 20, 2012, 12:28:45 am »

oh, i much prefer the late neolithic and early bronze age, the first steps into civilization spawned cultures so alien and fascinating

Unreal World?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:35 am »

i love that game, actually play it more than df now, but that's iron age scandinavia. i'm more looking for something set in ain ghazal or teleilat el ghassul

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: May 20, 2012, 01:03:01 am »

ain ghazal or teleilat el ghassul

Gazuntite.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: May 20, 2012, 03:40:55 am »

Some kind of fantasy management game where you manage a team/squad of gladiators, say, or perhaps adventurers. You're responsible for their training, equipment, sending them out on missions etc. Like Pit of War only not browser based. That game would be glorious
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: May 20, 2012, 03:45:19 am »

A game where you can play as a fleet admiral, but you're not in direct control of the space civ.  You can use the politics of the civ to your advantage, start and end wars, requisition ships and troops, supplies, etc.  Proper logistics is a must, along with awesome space battles, with capital ships, gunships, fighters, and drones. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 577