Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929380 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1455 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:16 pm »

I think that a large problem there might be realistic and zombies.
Because zombies aren't real.
Wasps and certain fungi effectively zombiefy certain insects.
And there's loads of parasites that do that to some other animals too. But it reduces their ability to little more than eating and respiring. It wouldn't really cause a significant breakout if one were to catch on in humans. The infected could probably be stopped by doors.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:58 am »

And there's loads of parasites that do that to some other animals too. But it reduces their ability to little more than eating and respiring. It wouldn't really cause a significant breakout if one were to catch on in humans. The infected could probably be stopped by doors.

The wasp one--I think it also effects bees, and there's a termite version--doesn't even let the insect eat.  The insect just keeps on "living" until it starves to death.

Or runs out of squishy interior for the fungus to eat.

There's also a parasitic...bacteria that fucks with mice's brains into getting the mice caught by cats, so that the bacteria can reproduce...in the cat's intestines.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 03, 2013, 01:18:37 am »

Snails get a zombie parasite too.  It's one of the more horrific ones.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:01 am »

A realistic zombie survival SANDBOX with Saints Row 2 style customization options, or a zombie survival with DF-like complexity and FUN.

Those, and a proper WW2 RPG.
I remember seeing a zombie rougelike here somewhere.  That might be worth looking into.
Rogue Survivor. There should be a thread if you search.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1459 on: January 03, 2013, 03:23:37 am »

A "The Thing" multiplayer game.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 03, 2013, 04:27:04 am »

It's not a bacteria. Parasite. Link
Infects humans too

The wasp one--I think it also effects bees, and there's a termite version--doesn't even let the insect eat.  The insect just keeps on "living" until it starves to death.

Or runs out of squishy interior for the fungus to eat.

There's also a parasitic...bacteria that fucks with mice's brains into getting the mice caught by cats, so that the bacteria can reproduce...in the cat's intestines.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:59 am »

A completely open-world, team-based PVP MMOFPS. No gun is extremely better than other guns within their class (pistol, rifle, etc) so the only way to dominate by being good at the game. Each world has two teams in a large, open map that changes depending on how many players are available (sections close off if there are less players, to keep the action focused). Combat is Rainbow Six 3 lethal, so you have to fight smart to survive long. While players only need to survive to win a round, each player has individual objectives within a match, such as assassinating an NPC in enemy territory or defending a bottleneck for the duration of the round.

Also, the graphic options go all the way down to Quake 3 Arena levels of primitive, so that I can play on my crappy computer. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:39 am »

How can it be open world if it's in rounds?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:57 am »

"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 03, 2013, 09:04:06 am »

How can it be open world if it's in rounds?
Yes, http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=NlpRBLkgcBo!!!

I lied, I said open-world to give a sense of how large the maps should be. The levels would be almost completely open as long as there are enough players. There wouldn't be any "empty box" buildings like MOH: Frontline (a cardinal sin of FPS design IMO) and there would be a large and varied environment (think of the better Dark Forces II levels on the PC).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 03, 2013, 04:18:58 pm »

Playing Lego Harry Potter 1-4 has made me realize I want a Harry Potter rpg where you play a student of your own creation, making his or her way through 7 years of Hogwarts (most likely in multiple games, with transferable saved data, of course). To keep the player character from being overshadowed by the major players in the HP universe, it should probably do like KOTOR and take place during a time no one cared about before it was made.

Or, I suppose this could do just as well outside the HP universe. The important bits are, you should advance solely or most quickly by beating up monsters (if that's the case, why are you going to school?), and the school should be huge and you should have free reign to explore it and the surrounding area. (Although maybe it shouldn't be quite a wide open sandbox, per say. Some portions of the school and the world should be unlocked gradually throughout the game(s).)

Also, a feature I would like to add would be the ability to research items and creatures. (Hopefully the process would more interesting and involved than just a progress bar showing how far along the research is going, like you might have several short articles pop up and you have to find the one that most closely matches what you're looking for, or you mix some chemicals in beakers, or whatever. There should be multiple methods of research.) And you should have a mental catalog of things you've seen, which you can reference in your research, and you should be able to acquire recording equipment (like paper or magical cameras) and various kinds of sensors to use to gather better data. (Admittedly, everything in this paragraph could just as easily be it's own game, called "Magical Naturalist" or something of the like.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 03, 2013, 04:27:10 pm »

Honestly, I think a Harry Potter MMORPG would be pretty sweet. It should emphasize problem solving and teamwork over "kill X amount of monster Y and bring Z drop". You pick your House and gain experience in working with different areas of magic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29:04 pm »

Honestly, I think a Harry Potter MMORPG would be pretty sweet. It should emphasize problem solving and teamwork over "kill X amount of monster Y and bring Z drop". You pick your House and gain experience in working with different areas of magic.
That...

Would be AWESOME!
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 03, 2013, 04:51:51 pm »

I think that's been suggested before, but it's still be good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:00 pm »

Or, I suppose this could do just as well outside the HP universe. The important bits are, you should advance solely or most quickly by beating up monsters (if that's the case, why are you going to school?), and the school should be huge and you should have free reign to explore it and the surrounding area. (Although maybe it shouldn't be quite a wide open sandbox, per say. Some portions of the school and the world should be unlocked gradually throughout the game(s).)

I recommend that you think on this idea more seriously after you read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

Because holyshit it does awesome things with the HP universe, pokes fun at the books, and takes the plot where it wants to go.  You'd want to design a game where those possibilities exist, as well as even more.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 577