Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926734 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #1515 on: January 07, 2013, 12:14:12 am »

Then again, the stab-shoot probably made it the best KNIFE available, but... no barrell?
Think about it. What gang is really going to engage itself in a real shoot-out? They're no mobsters, and even they did their best to avoid firefights whenever possible! :D

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: January 07, 2013, 12:59:12 am »

So I've been thinking about that Apache game and this is basically how I would make it.

Backstory: It takes place in alternate history where a fictitious war between Germany and France started in 190X. Germany called in her current ally, The United Kingdom, and together (as usual) they roflstomped France. Due to new advances in military technology the war was extremely drawn out, much the same as WW1. Germany and the UK won due to heavy blockades chocking France out of resources from abroad.
This blockade caused a major social shift and caused the fascist ideology to raise 40 years early. The fascist faction usurped the government and started peace talks with the British/German alliance. The peace negations were extremely punishing to France but the faction accepted. However Europe started to become fearful of the fascist ideology and soon the truce was broken and France was heavily embargoed. This caused the government to be able to enact even more control over it's people making the setting more or less dystopian.

The game takes place in fascist ruled Paris in 191x which is over run with street gangs and other criminals trying to survive. You're the leader of a small ruffian gang based off the Apache gangs. It plays a little like X-COM, securing locations and expanding your influence against extreme odds (the government/other gangs).
The game mostly takes place in tactical maps where the gameplay is much like Fallout: Tactics. Top-down camera command a small squad of ruffians in a real-time pause-able tactical RPG. The game will have you "stalking" and "herding" the bourgeois into corners and alleys  where they're easily robbed and tormented in safety. Later in the game more organised crime is needed and finally it evolves into a full-blown revolution against the government.

But instead of anything like this you're going to get "Call of Duty: Cock Slap, Gun Time". Have fun with that.  ::)

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:25 am »

a match 3/block breaking/platformer/shmup  poetry game...Haiku 3D...Sonnetania...Super Emilelegy...
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 07, 2013, 04:00:34 am »

A real-time civilization builder. You start off with a petty tribe in a randomly generated world. You can advance based on your nearby resources and your access to them. Each tribesman is an individual agent, and based on their traits they will perform actions: you do not have to micromanage them. In fact, as simply the hand behind the chiefdom, you don't have to do anything: the chief (depending on whether he is a good or bad chief) will organize people into doing the best things. As you advance, you build up more of a class system, and begin your path to statehood. End-game would have you as a city-state, with a chief god and thousands of individuals.

Here's the kicker: There' no guarantee you'll ever progress to that end-goal. You will face famine, disease, disaster, crop failure, war, invasions, rebellion, and everything else bad that could (and may) happen. Even worse, there's no guarantee you'll have all the resources you need: you'll either have to find someone else to trade for it, or expand your domain, which of course requires you to maintain control over that domain.

Some games will have you stuck as a tribe. Never expanding past a few hundred. Other games, you will become a massive city-state, with tens of thousands of individuals under your leadership. Only probability will tell you your limits: the rest are created by yourself.

What ways would the player have to interact with the world?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: January 07, 2013, 04:02:57 am »

What ways would the player have to interact with the world?

I was wondering the same thing. Sounds like a game so perfectly realistic that it stops being a game and just becomes a simulation you can't affect.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 07, 2013, 04:12:24 am »

An in depth crime simulator where you control every part of your empire.

I like the 1920s around that time with prohibition was still around.

Something like gangsters organised crime but with a lot more depth to it, so for instance  you can buy off the chief of police of have some of your guys infiltrate the police force. And really just having a lot more to do I want something where I could have a empire spanning the world so at some point you could venture into other areas and start bringing coke or opium into America and making connections with other crime organisations.

One thing I really liked about organised crime is that every person had a life and a job in the city you played in and could be bribed,kidnapped or threatened.

Damn I really wish there was a proper crime sim.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 07, 2013, 04:32:40 am »

Something like gangsters organised crime but with a lot more depth to it, so for instance  you can buy off the chief of police of have some of your guys infiltrate the police force. And really just having a lot more to do I want something where I could have a empire spanning the world so at some point you could venture into other areas and start bringing coke or opium into America and making connections with other crime organisations.

One thing I really liked about organised crime is that every person had a life and a job in the city you played in and could be bribed,kidnapped or threatened.

CK2: Prohibition Edition?

Because I would totally adore that.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 07, 2013, 04:50:13 am »

CK2?

Also my want for a proper criminal simulator is sort of pushing me to learn programming just to make a proper damnd criminal empire building game... Just where to start

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 07, 2013, 04:56:21 am »

Crusader Kings 2.

I actually tried to make something remarkably similar to what you described a while back.  It...didn't turn out great :-[  Turns out it's incredibly hard to make a functioning economy without everyone ending up homeless.  And in the game.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 07, 2013, 05:01:29 am »

Ahh although if I were to make it I would prefer it to be in real time.

Haha unlucky, I would think to get a working economy you would have to either cheat and rig it so it worked to begin with or simulate every little piece of economy or simplify it.

Hmm I really wish someone would remake organised crime, not that omertà game it sounds like shit and that they wanted to copy the xcom craze and not make a criminal sim *sighs*

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 07, 2013, 05:09:24 am »

My attempt was in real time, the CK2 reference come from individual characters having their own personality and traits and stuff.

I might give it another go at some point, but it'd have to be simplified a hell of a lot from my initial design.  Playing so much DF makes me too ambitious.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 07, 2013, 05:15:45 am »

Ohh yes I like your thinking with the ck2 portraits and character personalitys !!

May I suggest you have a crack at it again but don't put the economy in till last, so get base game play other things in and then tie the economy into what you already have.

I'm tempted to try this my self and it play something akin to liberal crime squad ... Maybe hmm or maybe always in real time with designated officers running things whole you over see the main picture, so like dwarf fortress in that you don't control them.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 07, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »

Liberal Crime Squad has some of those elements definitely, though technically no bribes. Sleeper agents in the police force and legal system and such.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:41 pm »

A crane simulator.
I don't really know why, but I feel it's a mundane job that has been absent from games since basically forever. HL2 had some sections where you control a crane, but it's hardly a full game. I want you having to load/unload ships or construction materials in a set time and with a certain margin of accuracy. If you do it too slow you incur a pay penalty, and also if you miss the positions too much.

I think I actually just got enthused over a crane simulator.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Krabocopter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 07, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »

This thing here
http://lnc.hr/aUif
i know that's a referral link but hey
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 577