Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926755 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2085 on: April 07, 2013, 12:44:14 am »

Guys, guys

Wizards resurrecting dinos to fight aliens fits every genre perfectly

An RTS or TBS, you play as the magically imbued dino-squad, going out to fight the alien menace.

An FPS, you play as one of the sauropod squaddies, or one of the wizards. Over 600 unique weapons, each of which can be combined with at least 12 other weapons or dual wielded for tactical strategicness.

An RPG could play like either the FPS or the TBS, but with more in-depth inventory and leveling system (including fully customizable armor, down to fingers on gauntlets), and a more player controlled pace.

A fighting game could feature tons of both pre created and randomly generated characters, any combination of dinosaur, human, soldier, wizard, alien, mutant bioweapon, android, or zombie. Combos would be long and intricate yet also intuitive and context sensitive button based.

A city builder involves both managing a city to produce for the war effort and find places for the dinosaur and wizard veterans in society. Additionally, tycoon games for finding employment for said vets and ways to profit off of magic and dinosaurness.

A roguelike is quite like the RPG, and involves doing single-handed stealth missions against the aliens with your elite dinosaur operative, additionally allowing you to skip the main story and free roam like DF, chosing instead to use your magic velociraptorocity to combat the evil mole-people under the earth, who you created yourself with the intuitive dynamic puzzle-based crafting system.

A racing game is set either in an alternate universe or along one of the many clandestine fronts of the interplanetary war, involving a covert treaty system to win or lose battles based on the results of kart races.

A train simulator would involve setting up supply lines for the defense of earth, as well as possibly setting up trains to intersect alien landing sites so as to run over as many aliens as possible.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 07, 2013, 09:55:44 am »

You forgot 4X (which would probably require at least a few other factions in the conflict), which must certainly include a SMAC-style unit customization.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 07, 2013, 11:37:04 am »

You forgot 4X (which would probably require at least a few other factions in the conflict), which must certainly include a SMAC-style unit customization.

Ah, but you forget about zombies, robots, and mutants. And rebel wizards.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 07, 2013, 02:35:58 pm »

Um, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:42:22 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 07, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

Wrong thread.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »

I want a game where some players would play the game like a war game, perhaps like war in the east, except real time. Then, you would have large amounts of players fighting in the battles that the commander orders, with the equipment available to the players dictated by what units are sent into battle by the command. Perhaps there would be a mid-scale commander, commanding AI units in battle.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 08, 2013, 10:44:56 am »

(Simple concept, really.)
A game where you play as little/big balls of electricity and you can move in all directions. You fight with other electro-balls, and your sole way of attacking is charging (RMB/M2, I guess.)
One hit kills. If two players charge at each other, they both die.

There could be some sort of objective (most prominent omnipresent Capture-the-Flag, but not only), or just pure run'gun.
Without running, or guns.

I've been also working on a fairly elaborate concept of Heroes of Might and Magic game done RIGHT.
Although I feel like giving it HoMM title is not the best of ideas, since there's only so much in relation to it.

But hey, revolutionary concept is revolutionary.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 08, 2013, 12:32:56 pm »

I -really- don't know about the Z levels, I fear that they might overcomplicate Heroes' battle system - that being said, the worms are dope and high ground is an excellent addition.
In general, concepts like that are most prone to fail because of too much stuff overloading the core systems. I'd look at each system and ask myself 'How much does this idea add to the game? Where can it fail?' For example, your proposed run mode gives retreaters a great advantage, since you need to use the run yourself to keep up to them, and that disables your attack.

...wait, I'm being practical in a wishlist thread. :P
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 13, 2013, 06:01:42 am »

I -really- don't know about the Z levels, I fear that they might overcomplicate Heroes' battle system - that being said, the worms are dope and high ground is an excellent addition.
In general, concepts like that are most prone to fail because of too much stuff overloading the core systems. I'd look at each system and ask myself 'How much does this idea add to the game? Where can it fail?' For example, your proposed run mode gives retreaters a great advantage, since you need to use the run yourself to keep up to them, and that disables your attack.

...wait, I'm being practical in a wishlist thread. :P

The Z-level system wouldn't be too complex, but it would include ramps and just plain cliffs - you can climb walls from the inside but not from the other side (but that should be kind of obvious). Also, don't forget single units instead of stacks. (you can hate that, but I give not a damn about you)

Also, I originally meant it to be made in a TRIANGULAR grid, but then...Yeah.

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 13, 2013, 07:54:34 am »

Something like Noctis... with more stuff to do & active development

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 13, 2013, 09:32:25 am »

A 4X game that essentially replicates the setting of Dune. You can start wars and raids against the other Houses, but when it's your turn to oversee Arrakis you must constantly watch your back while stockpiling riches. And of course, everybody has to be stealthy when hiding profits or using forbidden technology lest the Emperor send the Sardaukar against you.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:40:01 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 13, 2013, 11:07:20 am »

If the tactical combat was less like the flat tiles battleground and more like the battle maps of Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea, with the isometric view, I could see z-levels being a good addition. Just depends on how much effort you want to focus on that aspect to get it right.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 13, 2013, 05:17:24 pm »

I wish not for a game, but an app required to run games such as Dwarf Fortress, Mount and Blade, Minecraft, etc. Said application have direct access the NSA's grand database, as well as the local records of all prospective gamers, denying access and preventing fans of popular game series and cultures in general from depreciating indie games, thus keeping the Bay12 community and others like it pure! :D

/end multiplayer rage
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 13, 2013, 08:47:30 pm »

I'd like an isometric game where you have to use your wits and your environment in order to avoid and defeat velociraptors, Jurassic Park style. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 13, 2013, 10:15:29 pm »

I wish not for a game, but an app required to run games such as Dwarf Fortress, Mount and Blade, Minecraft, etc. Said application have direct access the NSA's grand database, as well as the local records of all prospective gamers, denying access and preventing fans of popular game series and cultures in general from depreciating indie games, thus keeping the Bay12 community and others like it pure! :D

/end multiplayer rage

Or accept that some people can be interested in both mainstream and indie games, because eventually you get tired of one and feel like playing the other.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 577