Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929500 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2190 on: April 29, 2013, 08:33:08 pm »

Also, I BADLY want a game where you play as tin soldiers/something else in an enormous house (think all those rats maps in TF2, CS etc.)
Toy Story was nowhere near good enough.

I mean, of all things, it's the most plausible "large-scale" game design I wanted so far - since you won't make an Internet Explorers game or a Dwarf City, but such a game would be perfectly possible.

Fighting with little toy guns, flying on RC airplanes, trying to scale down the staircase...Or fending off cats. GOD, THE CATS!
That sounds awesome.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2191 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34:45 pm »

Also, I BADLY want a game where you play as tin soldiers/something else in an enormous house (think all those rats maps in TF2, CS etc.)

I mean, of all things, it's the most plausible "large-scale" game design I wanted so far - since you won't make an Internet Explorers game or a Dwarf City, but such a game would be perfectly possible.

Fighting with little toy guns, flying on RC airplanes, trying to scale down the staircase...Or fending off cats. GOD, THE CATS!
That sounds awesome.
Well there is Toy Soldiers, which is a pretty sweet XBLA game, but it sounds like you've got something more open-world in mind, which would frankly be epic.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: April 29, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »

I swear I remember something along these lines, a sort of MMOFPS where you played as toys in a normal-sized house. Damn if I can remember the name or details though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 29, 2013, 08:36:25 pm »

I swear I remember something along these lines, a sort of MMOFPS where you played as toys in a normal-sized house. Damn if I can remember the name or details though.
Is it some sort of Story involving Toys?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 29, 2013, 08:41:20 pm »

You know, I think I saw that MMOFPS myself. I can't recall a name, though. Perhaps the Google holds the answers you seek.

I really want to see more done with the technology of Spore, another project with huge amounts of resources behind it, but with all the genius of Will Wright without EA there to strip it away the depth. That game has such a brilliant concept, and I enjoyed creating creatures immensely, but EA seems to have left it behind and allowed the whole idea to stagnate.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 29, 2013, 10:23:36 pm »

Nothing much, just a management game where you build an underground base and fight horrors.
Spoiler: Something like this (click to show/hide)
:EDITED TO BE BETTER:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:36:25 pm by NobodyPro »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:28 pm »

You know, I think I saw that MMOFPS myself. I can't recall a name, though. Perhaps the Google holds the answers you seek.

I really want to see more done with the technology of Spore, another project with huge amounts of resources behind it, but with all the genius of Will Wright without EA there to strip it away the depth. That game has such a brilliant concept, and I enjoyed creating creatures immensely, but EA seems to have left it behind and allowed the whole idea to stagnate.
GIVE ME THIS AND I WILL THROW MONEY AT MY SCREEN
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 29, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »

Nothing much, just a management game where you play as Gendo.
Spoiler: You know you want it (click to show/hide)
Eh. Maybe something similar (building underground bases and fighting giant nightmare-inducing monsters) but nothing actually based in the NGE-verse.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 29, 2013, 10:29:45 pm »

Eh. Maybe something similar (building underground bases and fighting giant nightmare-inducing monsters) but nothing actually based in the NGE-verse.
I posted that mostly because I really want to see a game with a little focus on the psychological aspects of characters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:29 pm »

I posted that mostly because I really want to see a game with a little focus on the psychological aspects of characters.
Aside from DF, of course.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 29, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »

I just don't think NGE would work very well as a game. All the psychological aspects have been argued over and rehashed until there's pretty much nothing left to discuss. We'd need new characters with new issues and motivations, but then you'd have the diehard fans screaming about Y NO SHINJI?

So yeah. Different universe, similar themes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 29, 2013, 10:57:40 pm »

I just don't think NGE would work very well as a game. All the psychological aspects have been argued over and rehashed until there's pretty much nothing left to discuss. We'd need new characters with new issues and motivations, but then you'd have the diehard fans screaming about Y NO SHINJI?

There actually was a Japan-only NGE game for the N64. From what I've seen it was just a collection of minigames that loosely followed the plot through End of Evangelion until it replaced the ending of the movie with you fighting the MP Evas in the clouds as Shinji. The graphics were impressive, but otherwise it was pretty forgettable.

I think the only way an NGE game would work would be through a similar-but-not-really plot, like the Rebuild films are doing. I personally don't enjoy the Rebuild films, but I think they'd make a better game than the show.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 29, 2013, 11:08:07 pm »

There actually was a Japan-only NGE game for the N64. From what I've seen it was just a collection of minigames that loosely followed the plot through End of Evangelion until it replaced the ending of the movie with you fighting the MP Evas in the clouds as Shinji. The graphics were impressive, but otherwise it was pretty forgettable.

I think the only way an NGE game would work would be through a similar-but-not-really plot, like the Rebuild films are doing. I personally don't enjoy the Rebuild films, but I think they'd make a better game than the show.
NGE has also been in a couple of games in the Super Robot Wars series, but I think those are all Japan-only as well.

Still, going back on track the idea of a Kaijuu Defense Force simulator of sorts intrigues me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 30, 2013, 01:06:11 am »

A game about first-responder paramedics would be cool. Or firefighters. Or even medics in the battlefield, as long as the focus stayed on saving lives. For how long video games have existed, I can think of very few straight attempts at games like this, most of them being Trauma Center and the only other one being a shovelware title for the Wii (I think, don't quote me on that).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 30, 2013, 01:15:48 am »

Maybe this game already exists, but I want to see a game that genuinely feels like an RTS being played from the perspective of a soldier on the ground. Players can buy vehicles and upgrades from their base, and you can destroy your enemy's buildings to deprive them of those advantages. Destroying the power plant makes operations slower, destroying the supply silo reduces the other team's ability to purchase stuff, etc.

Base buildings are fully modeled and functional fortifications, rather than decorative spawn points with health bars. Players can make a last stand on the roof of the command building, tanks roll out of factories one at a time, and massively overpowered base defenses need the power plant to continue working. Standard RTS balance and progression is there too, so the first tank to enter a match can only be overcome with a zerg rush until both sides have tanks, up to air units (though excluding unlimited-range Press-X-to-win superweapons).

To really get a good experience though you'd need a lot of players, at least 16 per team with a significant amount of bots to flesh out the battles. 4v4 is hardly comparable to the armies amassed during even the early stages of an RTS game.
The multiplayer mode in Command & Conquer: Renegade is the closest thing in existence that matches your description.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 577