Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926681 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2610 on: July 06, 2013, 03:27:09 pm »

More of a mechanic, really, but missile-jousting would be awesome.

FM1, but SHort weapons have 1-X range, Long weapons can't fire at melee range and generally have extreme but donut-shape ranges. Each missile type (including Ballistic, for snipers) can fire in different scenarios and have different ability to track enemies, as well as moving as independent entities. A missile might move extremely fast in a linear path and hit when it's fired, or a slow but highly guided arc that hits a few turns later but will hit unless it's shot down, which is very hard to do.

Also, missile jousting on certain launchers. You can choose "Joust" with the linear missiles- you choose your target and rush at them at high speeds, letting the missile fly at it's normal speed PLUS yours. Ingame this would mean an instant hit at more damage but possibly less accuracy.
For added awesome you can have ECM systems that can cause missiles to swerve off course if you try to shoot someone in the back.  As such, you will have to charge at someone from head on.  This will lead to games of chicken where two players with extremely powerful missiles will charge at each other at max speed. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: July 06, 2013, 04:53:39 pm »

Thinking back to Mata Nui Online II, I wish there was some sort of RPG or adventure game that had some sort of urban tracking engine, so you'd be able to track down wandering NPCs by asking other NPCs if they've seen them.

The idea is that you'd have some sort of internal list of all the NPCs you know, and you can ask the other NPCs if they've seen that person, and, if they have, they'll tell you when they were in the area and where they were headed to next. And maybe if the NPC you're looking for is doing something nefarious and the one you're talking to is in cahoots with them or being scared into silence, you'd have to intimidate them to get some real answers. But you can't just intimidate everyone all the time without getting a bad reputation or something, so you should have some reason to think they're holding back information before you try this.

Also, an important part of the idea is that NPCs should follow routes that make sense. The old baker woman should generally be traveling to the market or her house/shop or her friend's house, and she generally won't travel to the next town over unless she's going to visit her son. So if you hear that she's been heading into the creepy old woods at night, you'll know something funny is up and you'll want to investigate.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: July 06, 2013, 09:40:09 pm »

A Star Wars MMO with action-adventure type gameplay where you play as a bounty hunter, tasked with hunting down both NPCs and players alike. The game keeps track of which places you frequent the most, and a random player with abilities similar to yours is assigned to hunt you down. Meanwhile, you are also assigned to hunt your own target using whatever means necessary. Everything is heavily centered on organic gameplay, with lots of things like jetpacks, breakable windows, vehicles, gadgets and more. The best players are eventually assigned to hunt down Jedi, Sith, crime lords, huge animals, planetary rulers, and other super-dangerous targets.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: July 06, 2013, 11:28:33 pm »

An RPG with class-mixing as a standard.

Imagine taking Fire Emblem's reclassing (drops you to lv1, but you keep relevant weapon tech and skills) and applying this to a far-reaching class mixer. Your holy monk can take a level in the necromantic arts and become a Deranged Monk. Your dragon rider can totally take a class in fire magery and spam fire everywhere with dragonbreath and mana, becoming (insert name here.). Your Paladin can take lessons in thievery and become a Swindler. Have a weak thief? Have the Lumberjack teach him a few things and get a (something "evil") Woodsman.

Now take the Deranged Monk and combine it with any other class you've seen ever before ever.

That's right. Infinite skill trees.

The system would have to have some kind of automation- take these stats, these growth levels, change them like this, give them these skills and if they have these skills together give them this other new skill, to be truly infinite. You'll be able to hopefully breed your perfect class.

The monster breeder meets the class change system.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: July 06, 2013, 11:31:38 pm »

More of a mechanic, really, but missile-jousting would be awesome.

FM1, but SHort weapons have 1-X range, Long weapons can't fire at melee range and generally have extreme but donut-shape ranges. Each missile type (including Ballistic, for snipers) can fire in different scenarios and have different ability to track enemies, as well as moving as independent entities. A missile might move extremely fast in a linear path and hit when it's fired, or a slow but highly guided arc that hits a few turns later but will hit unless it's shot down, which is very hard to do.

Also, missile jousting on certain launchers. You can choose "Joust" with the linear missiles- you choose your target and rush at them at high speeds, letting the missile fly at it's normal speed PLUS yours. Ingame this would mean an instant hit at more damage but possibly less accuracy.
For added awesome you can have ECM systems that can cause missiles to swerve off course if you try to shoot someone in the back.  As such, you will have to charge at someone from head on.  This will lead to games of chicken where two players with extremely powerful missiles will charge at each other at max speed.

The above was based on "cram this into a TBS." This was an actual thing back in Armored Core: For Answer.

Someone made a light-ass missile boat more than capable of lagging the entire match with it's pure, uncontrollable speed.

So fast he couldn't even aim. He just sort of hoped that he'd hit things, because he really couldn't see past his own thruster flares they were so powerful. The entire screen should have been one huge blur.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: July 07, 2013, 12:28:38 am »

Jeopardy Chess.

The board is made up of Jeopardy categories and dollar amounts. When you move to a square you have to answer a question. Answer it right and you get that dollar value. Answer it wrong and you lose that dollar value. When you move to take an opponent's piece, you answer the question for the square as usual, but if you get it wrong, YOU lose your piece and theirs stays. The Daily Double Square allows you to risk you piece that lands on the square. If you get it right, you regain any one piece and replace it in it's original position.

There would be 8 categories and 8 dollar values. Dollar values reverse for each person obviously. For example, the first square would be $100 question for one person and $800 for the opponent.
This wouldn't work well as a video game because of how much jeopardy games always suck due to their small database of questions. All you need is to have a database of jeopardy questions and play Chess as such. I'd add that each column should be a randomly generated category announced at the start, that way players will adjust their strategy to what they think they know. What would be the purpose of money, though? Just a victory condition?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: July 07, 2013, 08:59:49 pm »

"Star Wars" Majesty.

Just that. Could even be a mod :D

Even better, "EVERYTHING" Majesty. That means books, movies, anime, cartoons...
That would be insane.
._.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2617 on: July 07, 2013, 09:08:52 pm »

Imagine taking Fire Emblem's reclassing (drops you to lv1, but you keep relevant weapon tech and skills) and applying this to a far-reaching class mixer. Your holy monk can take a level in the necromantic arts and become a Deranged Monk. Your dragon rider can totally take a class in fire magery and spam fire everywhere with dragonbreath and mana, becoming (insert name here.). Your Paladin can take lessons in thievery and become a Swindler. Have a weak thief? Have the Lumberjack teach him a few things and get a (something "evil") Woodsman.

Now take the Deranged Monk and combine it with any other class you've seen ever before ever.

The system would have to have some kind of automation- take these stats, these growth levels, change them like this, give them these skills and if they have these skills together give them this other new skill, to be truly infinite. You'll be able to hopefully breed your perfect class.

I want this so bad now.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: July 07, 2013, 09:30:04 pm »

I want this so bad now.

I may or may not be able to get it up and going as a forum game- to prototype some of the systems, and try out some things I've been meaning to GM all mixed in one huge blender.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2619 on: July 07, 2013, 09:30:53 pm »

I want this so bad now.

I may or may not be able to get it up and going as a forum game- to prototype some of the systems, and try out some things I've been meaning to GM all mixed in one huge blender.
You should contact me when its done. ;3

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18:29 am »

Skies of Arcadia 2, or some sort of game in that universe/style.

A crying fucking shame no one noticed the game, because it was arguably the best damn game on the gamecube and dreamcast. So freaking good.

If only the PC port had been finished. It might have gotten a cult following and stuff might have happened. Ah well.

If there was a Skies of Arcadia kickstarter, I would sell my organs on the black market and my soul to satan to support it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2621 on: July 08, 2013, 12:34:10 am »

A crying fucking shame no one noticed the game, because it was arguably the best damn game on the gamecube and dreamcast. So freaking good.

If only the PC port had been finished. It might have gotten a cult following and stuff might have happened. Ah well.

If there was a Skies of Arcadia kickstarter, I would sell my organs on the black market and my soul to satan to support it.
MY SOUL BELONGS TO YOU. SKIES OF ARCADIA WAS THE BEEEEEEEEEEESSSSTTTT!!

---

Off-Topic: Anyone else see the trailer for FFXV? I didn't like the last four or five titles in the series, and I was under the distinct impression that people were buying them "because its FF", but that new one, against all my instincts and better judgement (it looks like a bloody action game! not that Square (Enix) hasn't done some great ones before (Vagrant Story, Drakengard, etc.)), actually really impressed me, and I'm super excited for it. I also thought it was pretty strange that the cast looks almost entirely male, which is fairly odd for an FF game, but I like the idea. I foresee some VERY interesting characters in it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: July 08, 2013, 08:36:53 am »

Yessssss. I managed to pick up the Gamecube version at a used game store. It was their VERY LAST COPY. I've since beaten it twice and still love it.

A sequel of some sort (or hell, a working PC port) would probably be the Best Thing Ever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2623 on: July 08, 2013, 02:14:21 pm »

Yessssss. I managed to pick up the Gamecube version at a used game store. It was their VERY LAST COPY. I've since beaten it twice and still love it.

A sequel of some sort (or hell, a working PC port) would probably be the Best Thing Ever.
*tears of anticipatory joy*

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2624 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:44 pm »

I basicly want A game where you can dig down to the core of A planet, steal all of the molten iron, watch as the magnetic feild craash and burn, and then hide in your new iron home, and then build A space ship made out of most materials (( silly materials like butter, can work but it will melt and burn)) and then escape, I HAVE tried various games where you can go around building stuff form designs, but that stuff is complicated, oh and the ability to build A self replicating, clay eating monster, In minecraft esque.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 577