Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929429 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2730 on: July 26, 2013, 05:42:49 am »

Remember when I said I wanted an open-world game where you are a shrinked down toy soldier/whatever in a house?
While full 3D does sound cool and all, roguelike version seems a bit more plausible (plus it would have the benefits of random house generation!).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:08 am »

I'd like a world generation game.  This game would gen a world ( in a similar manner to DF ) and you can pause the world at any time.  It would have a detailed history, with races and civs popping up, having their own lives, journeys and sagas independent of you.

The player would be able to be one of two sides: One side would be demons, and the other angels.  If playing on the side of demons, you can corrupt the creatures and races and civs of the world, to an extent.  The more specific your corruption, the more effective.  Trying to evil-ize the entire world at once would have an extremely negligible effect, if at all.  But, if you were to focus all your power and efforts to corrupting ( both the body and soul of ) a king, it wouldn't be all that difficult, and his madness, mutation and moral decay would then influence all those near and underneath him.

Same goes for angels, who instead, try to purify the races of the world, and inspire men and women to acts of bravery, wisdom and compassion. 

In the middle would be randomly generated beasts and forgotten monsters, completely neutral in the battle of good and evil, but can be used to serve either end.  A player on the side of demons can corrupt these beasts, drive them mad and have them besiege the poor races of the world, as if they were in an old fashioned giant monster movie.  A player on the side of angels can alternatively have these beasts become protectors of the civilisations. 

One side would win once the entire world has become either pure good or evil, an extremely long and arduous task.
This sounds goddamn amazing. However, I'd like for there to be a multitude of moral paradigms there could be selected, ie good/evil, order/chaos, bacon/necktie, etc.

Also, Galactic Civilizations 2, with a very significant improvement: the map is now a cube, not a square.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: July 26, 2013, 08:17:18 am »

I'd like a world generation game.  This game would gen a world ( in a similar manner to DF ) and you can pause the world at any time.  It would have a detailed history, with races and civs popping up, having their own lives, journeys and sagas independent of you.

The player would be able to be one of two sides: One side would be demons, and the other angels.  If playing on the side of demons, you can corrupt the creatures and races and civs of the world, to an extent.  The more specific your corruption, the more effective.  Trying to evil-ize the entire world at once would have an extremely negligible effect, if at all.  But, if you were to focus all your power and efforts to corrupting ( both the body and soul of ) a king, it wouldn't be all that difficult, and his madness, mutation and moral decay would then influence all those near and underneath him.

Same goes for angels, who instead, try to purify the races of the world, and inspire men and women to acts of bravery, wisdom and compassion. 

In the middle would be randomly generated beasts and forgotten monsters, completely neutral in the battle of good and evil, but can be used to serve either end.  A player on the side of demons can corrupt these beasts, drive them mad and have them besiege the poor races of the world, as if they were in an old fashioned giant monster movie.  A player on the side of angels can alternatively have these beasts become protectors of the civilisations. 

One side would win once the entire world has become either pure good or evil, an extremely long and arduous task.
This sounds goddamn amazing. However, I'd like for there to be a multitude of moral paradigms there could be selected, ie good/evil, order/chaos, bacon/necktie, etc.

Also, Galactic Civilizations 2, with a very significant improvement: the map is now a cube, not a square.

Well, it would be more like a REALLY flat cube. With a depth of like 1/10 of the size of the square.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: July 26, 2013, 08:41:30 am »

I think a MMO based around the internet and in particular around social media, hacking, piracy and activism might be interesting and could perhaps serve as an educational tool. I'd pay money for this "Internet Online" that the idea of has crossed my mind for some reason. I know there are ones out there about niche parts of the internet like ForumWarz and Slavehack but I've played those to death already and tire of them.

Also I would like it if there was a World of Darkness MUD that was set in California. There is one set in New Orleans, there is one set in Ontario, there is one set in Pittsburgh, there is one set in Miami, and I'm certain there is one set in Europe in the Dark Ages. Alas, there are none set in the Anarch Free State of California, and seeing as I love the childer of entropy to bits I kind of want to play an online game where they fuck up the Camarilla and the Sabbat, though this may be because I already beat Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and got the Anarch ending. Maybe I just want to kill more Venture?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:46:05 am by MadMalkavian »
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: July 26, 2013, 03:57:33 pm »

A game where one player designs a giant (100ft) robot and has to try to destroy a city, while the other player would have to infiltrate the robot and take it down. Not only would the robot player have to create traps and defenses, but the army fighting him outside could blow holes in the robot, making it much more dangerous for the player.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2735 on: July 26, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

A game where one player designs a giant (100ft) robot and has to try to destroy a city, while the other player would have to infiltrate the robot and take it down. Not only would the robot player have to create traps and defenses, but the army fighting him outside could blow holes in the robot, making it much more dangerous for the player.
Do it Dansmithers. Prove yourself to be worthy of the crown.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: July 26, 2013, 07:53:26 pm »

I want a strategy game inspired by Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

That would have to a grand strat game, like EU.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: July 26, 2013, 08:00:59 pm »

Evil Genius 2
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: July 26, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »

An RTS/4X type of game set in a flooded world. You need to build platforms (floating or anchored) for buildings, eventually forming big platform cities. Floating platforms and larger boats would basically be mobile bases, another feature seldom exploited to its full potential in RTSs. It should go without saying that there are no land units, only boats and submarines and the occasional aircraft. I imagined the resources would be food, fuel, and minerals; the former would be cultured from buildings or harvested by fishing boats, while the latter two would require harvesting underwater mineral nodes and oil deposits, adding an element of territorial resource control. I haven't thought about it as much as I could.

Alternatively, a worthy successor to the Metroid Prime series in terms of gameplay and aesthetics.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:37 pm »

Do it Dansmithers. Prove yourself to be worthy of the crown.
Me no have code-knowings.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: July 26, 2013, 11:59:25 pm »

A Fantasy RPG with a mostly colonial/frontier-esque setting as opposed to the traditional 7mi2 of the British Isles. Early breach-loading firearms and late flintlocks, bows used by various native people, supernatural elements inspired by a mixture of traditional fantasy and Native American mythology, with a healthy dose of Cajun voodoo.

Ideally, you make a PC and can assemble a party out of a choice of several NPC's, and the ones you've befriended but who aren't currently in your party hang out at wherever your base is. Maybe you own a lodge or small fort out in the sticks, or maybe you've got a ship or riverboat. So, some elements of faction building/management, but you've only a small band so it doesn't consume the whole game.
The way you describe it it sounds less like high-fantasy and more like a straight up Colonise America sim. Or aren't there orcs and elves and such?
I didn't say high-fantasy anywhere. Or that you'd be directing an entire nation/settlement. Just that it would be set in a colonial/frontier setting with fantasy elements.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2741 on: July 27, 2013, 05:35:03 am »

A Fantasy RPG with a mostly colonial/frontier-esque setting as opposed to the traditional 7mi2 of the British Isles. Early breach-loading firearms and late flintlocks, bows used by various native people, supernatural elements inspired by a mixture of traditional fantasy and Native American mythology, with a healthy dose of Cajun voodoo.

Ideally, you make a PC and can assemble a party out of a choice of several NPC's, and the ones you've befriended but who aren't currently in your party hang out at wherever your base is. Maybe you own a lodge or small fort out in the sticks, or maybe you've got a ship or riverboat. So, some elements of faction building/management, but you've only a small band so it doesn't consume the whole game.
The way you describe it it sounds less like high-fantasy and more like a straight up Colonise America sim. Or aren't there orcs and elves and such?
I didn't say high-fantasy anywhere. Or that you'd be directing an entire nation/settlement. Just that it would be set in a colonial/frontier setting with fantasy elements.
Oh okay. I didn't say anything about directing a nation/settlement, I meant you'd be a pioneer or somefin'. So what do you mean by fantasy elements then? Just weird monsters and stuff?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: July 27, 2013, 06:02:06 am »

Evil Genius 2
+1

Also, a decent sequel, not a facebook moneytrap.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #2743 on: July 27, 2013, 10:40:08 am »

There need to be more stealth games where you're the monster, the hunter, instead of the whole "outnumbered and outgunned" vibe. You know, like how Batman: Arkham Asylum/City did it where you get to watch the mooks break down in panic as you start to take them out one by one...

Maybe mix that with my desire for a sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and make that be what the stealth is like.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: July 27, 2013, 10:44:48 am »

There must be an RTS/CityBuilder where magic knowledge expands with scientific knowledge and you progress from a single settlement to fighting for the galaxy. Imagine using a magical power source so that it can be small and heatless enough to create otherwise impossible science. And magic provides the locomotion. Imagine how much more efficient nanites could be with a microscopic enchanted crystal for power and no need for a bulky thrust producing device. They could be moved by telekenisis from a person or the nanite enchantment itself. Hell you don't even need high science for magic to be helpful. Magi-industrial revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 577