Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926948 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3255 on: October 24, 2013, 06:56:03 am »

Not really, though I can't say DF hadn't influenced the idea. The world goes static when you enter Dwarf or Adventure mode. My idea is more like playing DF as Legends are genning except legends will gen as a you play, and what happens will affect what the player will see and can do in the RPG.

A similar concept: Civ + Mount & Blade.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: October 24, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »

Not really, though I can't say DF hadn't influenced the idea. The world goes static when you enter Dwarf or Adventure mode. My idea is more like playing DF as Legends are genning except legends will gen as a you play, and what happens will affect what the player will see and can do in the RPG.

All that would really do is add more depth to M&B, as it's already kind of similar to Civ.   But a much more complicated M&B with improved AI and actual formations would be awesome.  Especially if you can get a super computer and have battles with thousands of soldiers.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: October 24, 2013, 03:57:48 pm »

Eh? Star Citizen is coming out this Christmas? That's hard to believe. And also, last I heard the first "module" from Star Citizen to be going live will be that single-player "Squadron 42" or something thing.
I did say next year didn't I? Even if they take longer, they are practically all those guys where talking about.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: October 24, 2013, 06:01:07 pm »

All that would really do is add more depth to M&B, as it's already kind of similar to Civ.   But a much more complicated M&B with improved AI and actual formations would be awesome.  Especially if you can get a super computer and have battles with thousands of soldiers.

Formations can already be implemented in both M&Bs, via mods (e.g. Brytenwalda for Warband and Europe 1805 for M&B).

*sigh* how I wish M&B had more depth on the side of making the world feel alive... All the NPCs feel like robots with pre-recorded lines. In a game that doesn't have recorded dialogues for the lines. And that's terrible.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: October 24, 2013, 07:11:18 pm »

Floris Mod Pack.
Seriously, just....Floris Mod Pack.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: October 24, 2013, 09:11:18 pm »

I suddenly want a futuristic racing game just as much about CREATING the anti-grav ships you race in as it is about racing them.

In Phase 1, you have a sort of tech tree thing you put money in, and it spits out possible components. Let's say I get a bunch of parts I like, and put them together into a ship. The first racing season plays out, and my ship gets an overall standing of 3rd. Things I did before the first tournament are now able to grow even further, while things I skimped on may have a little trouble maturing at the rate of other companies. I'm getting money from people who like my ship and like the idea of advertising on it. Money means more designs. More designs means better performance. You get the picture.

This goes on, and on, and on. I keep developing for tournaments, etc, etc. When the last tournament ends, I'm given my placement and that stage of gameplay is over.

However, that was just worldgen. I could have set my difficulty, or chosen multiplayer (takes other people's results and pits them against mine rather than simulating the other companies), and either way, resulted in the finished product.

And now, it's time to race. You'll now race using your, or any company's resulting ship, in each era of racing that was simulated in the "worldgen". You're racing your ships, potentially against the ships straight from someone else's mind.

---

And now, imagine that the parts function less to change only performance and looks. Imagine that you're in a simulated physics engine, and each ship can be constructed in many more ways. Sure, you might have a thin-framed reverse wing ship, but now you can fiddle with placements, and the entire craft is truly yours.

And afterwards, you're gonna have to prove it. Racing against the ships that someone you don't even know made- learning things, getting better at design, and truly playing on both sides of the field.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: October 25, 2013, 12:14:17 am »

I seem to remember reading a suggestion like this, but here goes:

Old-school X-COM + Ghostbusters.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: October 25, 2013, 01:16:13 am »

And Newcom + Ghostbusters, just because. Both would be fantastic.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: October 25, 2013, 02:12:19 am »

Floris Mod Pack.

It is not updated anymore, use Silverstag. It's a fork of Floris.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: October 25, 2013, 07:20:27 am »

Floris Mod Pack.

It is not updated anymore, use Silverstag. It's a fork of Floris.
I tried Silverstag once.
It was buggy as fuck.
Still prefer Floris personally.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:16 am »

Going to sound weird but I kind of want a League of Legends fan game that's essentially The Sims but with yordles. Either that or a Dwarf Fortress mod that replaces the dwarves with yordles. I blame Riot Games and my fondness for short characters for this.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:40 am »

Why don't we take that concept into the areas of "crossplay done right"?

Basically, a console Civ/MMO where player actions affect what it's like on mobile users.

If publishers want to force simul-play between a flagship console and peon mobile devices that cannot compare to the console, then let them. Every player's actions will affect the world the mobile users experience.
I think that CCP might actually be trying that. I mean; there's EVE, which is the flagship (no pun plz) game; there's Dust 514 which is for console peasants; and there's the dogfighting one in development which I think will be for PC. There's a growing range of games all taking place in the same universe there and I think it could be expanded a lot.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: October 25, 2013, 07:34:16 am »

console peasants
I'm glad someone else expresses these views here. I mean they don't make consoles nor games for them like they used to. I'd like it if Microsoft or Sony or even Nintendo gave me a reason to actually buy a console. Not certain about the specifics but I think it might involve something like Terraria hybridized with something like Dungeons and Dragons 3E then bred with a game along the lines of The Sims and the offspring of that paired with the offspring of Tower Defense and Cookie Clicker, only to then be fused with the offspring of League of Legends and Dungeon Keeper, then combined somehow with Pokémon and Morrowind. I think it would be glorious but then again I'd rather it be on PC because they stopped making Sega consoles quite some time ago.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: October 25, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »

The Wii U gimmicks are actually fun, but when you think about it someone could code a PC game that uses an iPad/Galaxy tablet to do the same thing.

EDIT: You know what would actually be pretty fucking awesome? If they made an Avatar: The Last Airbender game for Kinect. Just imagine the possibilities...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:13:50 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: October 25, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »

The Wii U gimmicks are actually fun, but when you think about it someone could code a PC game that uses an iPad/Galaxy tablet to do the same thing.

EDIT: You know what would actually be pretty fucking awesome? If they made an Avatar: The Last Airbender game for Kinect. Just imagine the possibilities...

If somebody did code such a game though, they'd be assuming that every one of their customers has an iPad or Galaxy, whereas a WiiU owner is guaranteed to have the WiiU whatever-it's-called.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 577