Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926750 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3765 on: March 13, 2014, 03:36:17 pm »

Even though I probably wouldn't play it, I'd like to see a political game set in Hell/underworld where you are Lucifer/Satan/whoever managing the afterlife and its silly laws.
It would be called "Demoncracy".
Hey, I have a game for you to check out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterlife_(video_game)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: March 13, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »

So, wait, the enemy trenches connect up? How does that make any sense apart from sort of a mad alternate history WWI where generals on both sides decided they wanted to ally with each other and connect up their trenches without telling the soldiers the war wasn't ongoing.

I may have not given it enough credit, it looks like I was watching a deathmatch mode and there's another mode called "Frontline" where there's two opposed sides and much larger player counts.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: March 13, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »

I think there might already be a game like this, but I don't remember any.

I want a game where it has first person aspects, but also strategical and tactical gameply. Kind of like the commander in Battlefield, but bigger. Pretty much there would be a big strategic map that high-rank generasls (players) look over and decide where to move their troop formations. Whenever there is a fight, smaller commanders or the same ones give out orders to soldiers on the ground about where to go and such. The soldiers are all actually players and can choose to follow the orders or not. If they do, they would get extra xp and rewards to encourage them to do what the commander is telling them to. Sort of like a cross between Planetside 2, Company of Heroes and Wargame: AirLand battle. I'm not sure what era it would be set in but I thought either WWII or modern day.
They was a PS3 exclusive that was like that I forgot what it was called.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »

I want a game where it has first person aspects, but also strategical and tactical gameply. Kind of like the commander in Battlefield, but bigger. Pretty much there would be a big strategic map that high-rank generasls (players) look over and decide where to move their troop formations. Whenever there is a fight, smaller commanders or the same ones give out orders to soldiers on the ground about where to go and such. The soldiers are all actually players and can choose to follow the orders or not. If they do, they would get extra xp and rewards to encourage them to do what the commander is telling them to. Sort of like a cross between Planetside 2, Company of Heroes and Wargame: AirLand battle. I'm not sure what era it would be set in but I thought either WWII or modern day.
MAG, most likely. The servers are down now so it can't actually be played anymore. Wasn't a bad game while it was around though.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: March 13, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »

MAG, most likely. The servers are down now so it can't actually be played anymore. Wasn't a bad game while it was around though.

Also, I found a game that seems to be a lot like the one I described: Heroes and Generals
Haven't played it so I don't know if it is good or not. It is free though so I might try sometime.

Its still in development but you could probably try this if you want to play something like it.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: March 14, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »

I had a vision of an asymmetric strategy game about a war between humans and an intelligent dolphin civilization in the near future. The dolphins are trying to cover the Earth in water to expand their empire by melting the polar ice caps. Meanwhile, the humanshave to fight off the dolphin attackers on the coasts. They are militarily more powerful, but the very industry that fuels the war effort contributes to the dolphins' ultimate plan of melting the ice caps, so they have to either be very careful with the use of heavy industry, or continually research improvements in fuel efficiency and anti-pollution measures.

Dolphins have an obvious advantage in water, whereas humans dominate on land. In the seas, humans use standard naval units, and dolphins use water-filled mecha on land; both are more expensive and vulnerable than units in their home territory. The game will also simulate things like tides, storms, and flooding as part of the water mechanics. Both sides can, as the game advances, create various infrastructures to alter the environment in their favor (humans can dam off bays and rivers or dry up isolated bodies of water, dolphins can destroy these and construct inland waterways.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: March 14, 2014, 08:32:43 pm »

I want an RTS game that has a fully destroyable world. Kind of like the Spring engine, but with deformation being able to create caverns and other things like that. Also, units would b destroyed in similar ways.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: March 15, 2014, 02:38:36 am »

A near-future cyborg simulation. You play as a cyborg in a Deus Ex-esque society and must try to make a living at whatever job while dealing with all the things a cyborg would deal with, whether you have a single artificial limb or a full-body replacement kit. Challenges include discrimination, software and hardware malfunctions, infections, and racing to keep up with the biggest and best version of your chosen modification.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: March 15, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »

I want an RTS game that has a fully destroyable world. Kind of like the Spring engine, but with deformation being able to create caverns and other things like that. Also, units would b destroyed in similar ways.

Metal Fatigue had 3 layers of map, top layer was orbital islands, main layer was typical RTS map, but underground level was a lot of mineable dirt to make tunnels and crap (to invade other bases from below, hehe).

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: March 16, 2014, 08:41:59 am »

I'm imagining a mecha combat game similar to Armored Core, but with more parts and a dynamic, large-scale map.

New parts include things such as drills/digging implements, explosions will actively create craters, etc.

One map could be a very large hill with dense trees around the base. The forest has soft ground, causing exceptionally heavy mechs to sink somewhat, and the mountain has very hard terrain, able to resist explosions fairly well.

Different legs have "Acceleration Over Angle", to determine what you can climb and what you can't. If I built up speed, I might be able to run up a steep slope without thrusters, unless I was, say, a tank.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: March 16, 2014, 09:41:20 am »

A Disney MOBA would be at least mildly interesting, if only to see how many characters they could jam into it before it becomes Power Creep: The Game. :P

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: March 16, 2014, 02:08:58 pm »

I'm imagining a mecha combat game similar to Armored Core, but with more parts and a dynamic, large-scale map.

New parts include things such as drills/digging implements, explosions will actively create craters, etc.

One map could be a very large hill with dense trees around the base. The forest has soft ground, causing exceptionally heavy mechs to sink somewhat, and the mountain has very hard terrain, able to resist explosions fairly well.

Different legs have "Acceleration Over Angle", to determine what you can climb and what you can't. If I built up speed, I might be able to run up a steep slope without thrusters, unless I was, say, a tank.

So Armored Core + Bad Company + murdering people's computers, basically.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

Can we do Chromehounds + Bad Company? Chromehounds was infinitely better than armored core, at least in multiplayer.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: March 16, 2014, 02:59:20 pm »

Can we do Chromehounds + Bad Company? Chromehounds was infinitely better than armored core, at least in multiplayer.
Why not Steel Battalion + Red Faction (1 and Guerrilla)?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:35:58 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: March 16, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »

Daikatana, but modded so that it isn't terrible.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 577