Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926939 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4050 on: June 07, 2014, 10:05:17 am »

R.L. Stine Tournament Fighter. I want to play as Monster Blood.

I never got the appeal of Goose bumps the show... It always felt like lackluster horror to me. When "Are you afraid of the Dark" 's BAD episodes beat the vast majority of Goosebumps there is a problem. (The only episode I thought was scary
-Mind you the books are another story... They are WAY better written then the shows are shot. I think the reason why "Are you afraid of the dark" worked so well is that it wasn't an adaption (there is a series, but none of those books made it into the show).

Also no... Goosebumps had really lame monsters as a whole anyhow.

Not objecting to you in saying that your idea is bad... so much that... I don't know if your being serious or not.

Especially since Monster Blood can absorb your body just by you lightly grazing it.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: June 07, 2014, 11:05:42 am »

I know what video you just watched :D

I'd love to play a Mount & Blade style game set in the post apocalypse. Dropping from the overmap into a ruined suburb and sending your mooks out to scrounge. Being ambushed by a gang you previously raided. Coming back to your base to discover that everyone is dead and everything is gone.

Sounds great.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: June 07, 2014, 12:14:54 pm »

I'd love to play a Mount & Blade style game set in the post apocalypse. Dropping from the overmap into a ruined suburb and sending your mooks out to scrounge. Being ambushed by a gang you previously raided. Coming back to your base to discover that everyone is dead and everything is gone.

*cough*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4053 on: June 07, 2014, 04:20:55 pm »

I know what video you just watched :D
;D

Not objecting to you in saying that your idea is bad... so much that... I don't know if your being serious or not.
:I

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: June 07, 2014, 04:42:34 pm »

@GUNINANRUNIN: Maybe remove the pictures then if you haven't already. Just for courtesies sake.

I thought a game like Theme Hospital but set in a school would be interesting. You have students arrive each day to attend classes, higher year students earn you more money but also require more specific classrooms and are more picky. The focus would be on laying out the school efficiently so you can have students progress through the year level areas as efficiently as possible.

Of course humour. You'd need to hire hall monitors to prevent things like false fire alarms, cleaners to check for cherry bombs in toilets or to clean rampart toilet papering of halls. Students could play tricks on teachers like putting buckets of water over doors if the teachers are late to a class, this would all raise your staffs stress levels requiring a good staff room for them to relax in.
So prison Architect, but with a school?
I'd buy the everloving fuck out of that. I wonder if that'd be possible with modding...?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: June 07, 2014, 05:57:01 pm »

In regards to the WWII scenarios I mentioned earlier, I think the following formula would be best:

You begin in the midst of area X, during disaster Y, and need to make your way to hopefully safe area Z, while dealing with dangers A-W.

There would be characters that you encounter on the way, who you could help or be helped by, but helping people might increase risks to your own survival. There would be survival-game elements like resource management and detailed health, but with the relatively short time-frame in mind.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: June 07, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »

Yeah, we could call it Prison Architect!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: June 07, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »

Hint: The pranks involve shivs.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »

A hybrid of FTL and X-com. The geoscape is replaces with a partially-transparent starfield surrounding your ship. The interior of the ship is a hybrid of FTL ships and X-com bases. You can send drones or squds or interceptors or something to contacts that you discover as you fly your ship around. Switch between ship combat in the geoscape and simultaneous barding operations on the battlescape. Probably throw in some persistent landmarks that you can jump back and forth between to improve national funding, or something similar...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: June 07, 2014, 11:32:15 pm »

Turn-based Newcom style combat in a ship-to-ship setting would be fairly interesting. You could control the boarding party and defense people mostly like XCOM soldiers, but putting people at control stations would allow you to use their actions to do various things that affect the map itself, such as closing/opening bulkheads or firing ship weapons systems to change the terrain of the other ship. With the number of personnel, turns might get a bit cumbersome, but it would be pretty fun.

If you wanted to get really trippy, you could do away with gravity and have every large flat surface, inside and out, be its own walkable plane, Mario-Galaxy style.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: June 08, 2014, 03:07:58 am »

Maybe you could have the geoscape be the FTL battle, interceptor mode be missiles, fighters, bombers, troop transports and drones fighting in between the ships, and each battlescape mission would be an attempt by a boarding party to destroy a system.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: June 08, 2014, 03:40:35 am »

Yeah, we could call it Prison Architect!

Hint: The pranks involve shivs.

Ha, I was thinking more Theme Hospital rather than Prison Architect but the game genre is the same. Building, maintenance, hiring and so forth.

You could go the "Bully" route and have the students divided into groups, each disliking if they share space with members of another group.

From what I've seen of "Prison Architect" a mod could work, if it's moddable that is. Replace prisoners with students, have more variations on classes to attend, replace shankings with wedgies and add things like stink bombs. Tunnelling could be left in, but they could aim for the cafeteria store room, unless you have a truly horrid school then they could be trying to escape.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: June 08, 2014, 04:20:31 am »

I am not surprised the Russians were annoyed.

It would be like if someone made a game about the Vietnam war were all the American Soldiers were racist genocidal maniacs just because the war was an unjust slaughter.

Actually are there ANY games about the Vietnam war where the Americans ARE the villains? ALL the games I've seen on Vietnam pretty much depict the Americans as the heroes and the Vietnam soldiers as a SINGLE group and villainous.

That is a game I honestly wish existed.
Possibly the military shooters I find most offensive are this series called "Mercenaries". In M-1, you are hired to help out the noble, courageous right-wing Colombian government wipe out the evil left-wing rebels, and in M-2 you're helping noble, courageous Venezuelan right-wing rebels overthrow the evil left-wing government and murder their evil viscous President. I wonder who that was meant to be :/ ?

Reporters without borders is a good place to look for comparisons of the real situation in both countries. People who speak out against the Colombian government or military are routinely assassinated, whereas in Venezuela if you libel the President, you might get a defamation lawsuit or something, legal problems, rather than bullets. Venezuela is very short on surprise murders of government critics compare to Colombia.

"Mercenaries" series are like the George W Bush worldview put into games.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:30:40 am by Reelya »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4063 on: June 08, 2014, 04:47:54 am »

Aren't those games terrible anyways?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: June 08, 2014, 05:06:19 am »

Probably, yeah only saw them in the shops. Doesn't surprise me at all that a game series with a horrible premise is also horrible to play.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 577