Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914233 times)

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4350 on: August 22, 2014, 04:33:15 am »

A Power Rangers/Super Sentai MOBA, in which the players can morph/join together/whatever and become one giant robot to stomp the enemy team.

DO WANT.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: August 22, 2014, 10:59:54 am »

I remember that incredibly incompetent game that I think was called "Prison Life"

Where the game was unfair, chaotic, and the justice system is just outright messed up in every sense of the word creating a unintentional satire of prison life...

TOO bad most of that is because the guy who made it was incredibly incompetent at game making... because honestly...

I want to see that game made by a competent person and be JUST as unfair, just as harsh, just as harmful as that game was. Best of all is that the game wasn't trying to be poetic or artistic at all...

I want Prison life Except good!

ConsUme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: August 22, 2014, 11:41:27 am »

I remember that incredibly incompetent game that I think was called "Prison Life"

Where the game was unfair, chaotic, and the justice system is just outright messed up in every sense of the word creating a unintentional satire of prison life...

TOO bad most of that is because the guy who made it was incredibly incompetent at game making... because honestly...

I want to see that game made by a competent person and be JUST as unfair, just as harsh, just as harmful as that game was. Best of all is that the game wasn't trying to be poetic or artistic at all...

The name of the game you are talking about is called "Hard Time" by Mdickie who is an egotistical mainac that seems to never debug his games much.
Goddamit SourceForge

Apokaladle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: August 22, 2014, 01:05:19 pm »

I never realized how much I wanted this until just now.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: August 22, 2014, 07:47:09 pm »

I want a game where you play a western style gunslinger on a mission to defeat Weird Al Yankovic playing a cross between Willy Wonka and an arms dealer, in a zany world of bullet-repelling guns, pizza flavored bullets and wearing a jetpack fueled by orphan tears. This is a major point of the game, levels consist of flying around defeating enemies while searching for the imprisoned orphans who upon rescue will refuel your jetpack and allow you to continue onwards.

The plot would consist of learning more about the gunslinger and his mysterious past while working toward Weird Al (who will give commentary throughout, similar to GlaDos or the Joker in Arkam Asylum)

Eventually at the final fight we learn the reason behind the gunslinger's quest when he is out of fuel and unable to continue, at which point he lets loose a few tears of his own, refueling his pack and giving subtle context to the rest of the game.

Bit predictable, but I think beautiful nonetheless.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: August 23, 2014, 04:08:44 am »

I want a modern remake of Crimson Skies using War Thunder's engine.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: August 24, 2014, 10:29:41 am »

I'd like to see something akin to Sniper Elite 1 in Sniper Elite 3's engine.  Sniper Elite 3 kind of sucks.  Linear maps, very short range combat (Most engagements I've seen are less than a hundred yards, hell a lot of them are less than a hundred feet), stupid AI, it's barely a sniping game at all.
Shoes...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: August 24, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »

An online TCG that was designed for online that doesn't suck.
Cards that gain XP: Suck. <-Most online ones
Only having up to three or less cards on the table at a time: Sucks. <-Most flash ones
There only being one kind of card, that being the combatants: Sucks. <-Mostly the ones where cards gain XP
Only being one kind of booster pack: Sucks. <-Hearthstone
Not being any sort of energy system: Sucks
Ones where paying real money is the ONLY way to get new cards: Sucks.
Ones where there is NO way WHATSOEVER to use real money: Sucks.
Ones where your hand limit is 3: Sucks.
Ones where the card abilities are not explained at all: Sucks.
Ones where you can only do 1v1: Meh. Doesn't suck, but I'd really like more forms of Vs.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:16 am »

A proper Diablo clone that has sandbox building elements.

Kinda like Lantern Forge, but with graphics/terrain that's more like Path to Exile (or heck, even Diablo 2).

Conor891

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: August 29, 2014, 02:16:46 am »

I want a game where you work with other players to create a village, maintain a settlement, fight a war, etc.

Kind of thinking the sandbox and roleplaying type.

Players only have a select amount of abilities, so they almost fit into different roles

One player can not hope to be able to do everything, but a group of players working together competently runs like a well oiled machine, while one that doesn't goes down in a stressful fit of flames with everyone yelling at each other.

I know I'm kind of describing Space Station 13 but I'd like something a bit like that, but different.

A roleplaying aspect would be great too.

I don't know too many games, so maybe someone can help me. I'm a bit bored of all my current games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: August 29, 2014, 02:18:51 am »

Try one of the towny minecraft servers. The good ones are a lot like that.

EDIT: Though not literally the "Towny" plugin. The adjective.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: August 29, 2014, 04:34:07 am »

A release of old Runescape that actually transports you back to the early 2000s as you were back then, so you can enjoy the game with no nostalgia goggles required.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: August 29, 2014, 07:41:10 am »

A game where you had Shallow Space for space battles, Dawn of War for land ones and a grand strategy map that's a mix of Distant Worlds scale and detail but in 3d and segmented/separated in sector/solar system levels (had to be to be turn based and your computer not to blow up) and paradox/total war/civilization like for each planet. With a tad of Sim City for the city management aspect.

And mostly customizable AND modable so the fans of every franchise and universe (Star Wars, Star Trek, Warhammer 40K, Halo, Stargate....) can mod in their stuff.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: August 29, 2014, 08:32:14 am »

Basically The Day After: The Game, you are a random survivor of a nuclear war and you have to scavenge for materials and such while avoiding the military that are arresting looters.
Basically take a city simulator, then drop a nuclear bomb on that city, then you play as one of the citizens that have to survive. Like super realistic, with all sorts of health conditions like scurvy and such. The game should basically be "unwinnable" because nuclear winter will make almost everything impossible to survive.

Should you survive the initial winter, then you would have this bleak post apocalyptic world where there is no law except for isolated settlements where citizens have grabbed arms and started taking law into their own hands.

It should be like you start as one person, but you can befriend or intimidate others into joining you so you can like command them. Eventually, if you are lucky enough, managing a post apocalyptic settlement, if you do decide to settle down and not go around like some nomadic raider gang.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:43 am »

There are two games that I want to happen at some point:

1. An open world, possibly ASCII game where you play as the evil mercenary/assassin/hired gun in a near-ish future world in an enormous city. You get pseudo-random assignments to eliminate a specific target/steal something/whatever in any way, shape or form.
Do you just go into the CEO's house and stab him while he's asleep or do you booby trap his flying car? Or maybe you go through the windows of the skyscraper with a jetpack and shoot him in the head with your akimbo revolvers and fly off? There is a day-night cycle and all or almost all characters of which there are MANY have regular lives with their daily routines and such, and there is always a plethora of options to approach any given scenario.

2. The original Ace of Spades on the scale of Planetside 2, possibly with some modifications like some vehicles and artillery thrown in. And I guess some anti-griefing measures to keep things smooth. (and a periodical global map reset)

1. DO WANT. Not sure how viable this would be, though, since it would have to be really, truly open - enterable buildings in the area, that kind of thing. Something like an open world Hitman game.

2. I actually would like the opposite - Ace of Spades in all its voxely glory, but also in its original WWI-ish glory. Basically redo the development of the original, free version and take a different road - rifles only, with possibly machineguns but only if they are to be deployed to fire and maybe off-map artillery, definitely no vehicles.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 577