Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926834 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4410 on: September 07, 2014, 06:57:07 pm »

What I want, in the deepest recesses of my cold heart, is a government conspiracy game.

Look Floor 13, is an old (1992) game about keeping your prime minister in his post (with any means)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: September 07, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »

What I want, in the deepest recesses of my cold heart, is a government conspiracy game.

Look Floor 13, is an old (1992) game about keeping your prime minister in his post (with any means)

Someone else remembers Floor 13? Color me impressed. I loved that game to bits, but the stories were all pre-generated and once you played it enough you started to recognize when certain stuff came up. Still, that holds true for any game that doesn't randomly generate missions. The incentive to not screw up in that game was nice, too. Death by Garcianation isn't a pleasant prospect. I guess I'd like something like that, but modernized and with aliens/MJ-12 stuff in it.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: September 07, 2014, 11:34:56 pm »

A MMO-rpg like thing where you can build settlements like you would build things in (W/St)arcraft: someone plops a blueprint, and players do work with it with abstract material pools or whatever instead of having to grind for logs and pebbles and bricks and bolts and cloth and...

Also, the money spent on placing the blueprint goes to pay for the work spent by the players. And if no players are available then NPCs come and build it and get all the money.

If actual materials are needed, then players that drop materials are also paid.
Clearly there should be a system where the site owner can decide how much to pay in total, and set skill requirements and so on. That way long-time players can complain about "those noobs coming over here and stealing our jerbs".

I was thinking the owner/manager can set percentiles for NPC work, citizen work and foreign work. Hadn't thought yet of skills required, was assuming anyone can do this kind of building grind.

Also hadn't considered the owner setting the price arbitrarily tho.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:36:34 pm by Sergius »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: September 08, 2014, 01:57:50 am »

Hey, building things is hard. And there's also a wide range of skills needed, there's teams who do digging and foundations, ones that do brickwork, ones that do electronics and so on. Then there's the managers too, who need totally different skills to the workmen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: September 08, 2014, 05:36:46 am »

Someone else remembers Floor 13? Color me impressed. I loved that game to bits, but the stories were all pre-generated and once you played it enough you started to recognize when certain stuff came up. Still, that holds true for any game that doesn't randomly generate missions. The incentive to not screw up in that game was nice, too. Death by Garcianation isn't a pleasant prospect. I guess I'd like something like that, but modernized and with aliens/MJ-12 stuff in it.

Oh, I played it, and loved the concept, but yeah - it could be done better, nowadays, I think.

If you want a quick fix until someone does make something like that, try Toady's own LCS. Especially if you play it more subtly and on Classic. Planting sleepers, sending disguised operatives to steal compromising materials against your political opponents...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: September 09, 2014, 07:57:06 am »

I liked old school runescape, for one reason:

I spent 90% of my time mining, fishing, and smelting shitty gear and then selling it for profit. I saw those with legendary weapons and armor. I saw the mages and the warriors, strutting about like gods. I ignored them, and enjoyed making fires and being relaxed.

In fact, to make this relevant: I want the above, as a game. Maybe more options. Be able to just...Live life, in a fantasy world. Sure, you could USE one of those daggers that you made, and go be a hero.

If you wanted.

I got a full set of bronze armor, never discovered how to make FAT STAX to buy equipment more suitable to my level, and then spent all my time either partying in Varrock or grinding gold with that banana quest in Karamja. It was surprisingly a blast to have an in-game party with random strangers, something nobody really thinks to do in other MMOs.

Anyways, I want more games based around voice recognition or similar concepts. It seems like a really unexplored gimmick in gaming, with the last really memorable voice-based game to be Hey You Pikachu.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: September 09, 2014, 12:26:41 pm »

An RTS where you pit various (mostly) internet subcultures against each other in open combat, even if only for the phrase "Juggalo death tanks"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: September 09, 2014, 03:11:08 pm »

Multiplayer DF would be bitchin'. Turn based, maybe...I don't exactly know how it'd work.

Multiplayer LCS. One person is LCS, one is CCS. Turn based?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: September 09, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

An RTS where you pit various (mostly) internet subcultures against each other in open combat, even if only for the phrase "Juggalo death tanks"
oh god the 4chan faction

oh god the tumblr faction!
._.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: September 09, 2014, 03:49:15 pm »

oh god the 4chan faction

This isn't fair. I actually had this idea but I never thought about putting it here.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: September 09, 2014, 06:01:41 pm »

oh god the 4chan faction

4chan faction plays like a grey goo type thing, (for all gameplay purposes) a single huge mass that absorbs material and grows. Fluid-ish dynamics would make it interesting to play, need to keep it close together to create enough pressure to break through defences. But the loss in mobility is made up for by not needing any factories.

Tumblr faction can only produce weak combat units, but a few of them have an ability that when active has a chance to cause enemy units to fall under Tumblr's control for a short while, the effective time and area of effect is based upon the number of Tumblr units around the special one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: September 09, 2014, 06:07:28 pm »

I want a game I would be justified in quitting my job to play. Any genre will do if it's more important than this damn job.

oh god the 4chan faction

This isn't fair. I actually had this idea but I never thought about putting it here.
I was going to run a multiforum deathmatch RP game, but I'm not part of enough internet cultures to do so (notably the three mentioned here).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: September 09, 2014, 06:18:37 pm »

I wonder...
What do you guys think of a subreddit that would be essentially this thread on steroids? /r/GamesYouWishExisted, anyone?

(I mean, considering how niche some subreddits out there are, I don't think it would be a bad idea overall...)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: September 09, 2014, 07:35:43 pm »

Not bad, especially not if you advertised it a little on smaller gaming subreddits. God knows, getting something like this to a place where devs would be more likely to see it isn't a bad thing.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: September 10, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »

Well, I made it, but it's complete bare bones and I just realized I'm completely and utterly unable to do all the moderator work on my own. :S
(it's private right now though so if you want to help out, message me or something so I can make you a mod)
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 577