Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915073 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4635 on: November 03, 2014, 01:12:19 pm »

Still want a proper Mechwarrior game.

When the flaming fuck is Blizzard going to make Warcraft 4?
They made one. It's called "World of Warcraft" :P

Seriously, why would they work on something else when they're still making expansions for and money off of this?
If you ever read in the news that someone broke into the Blizzard HQ and started punching people, and I disappear mysteriously from the forums, you'll know why.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: November 03, 2014, 01:13:48 pm »

Godspeed, mastahcheese o7
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: November 03, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »

If you ever read in the news that someone broke into the Blizzard HQ and started punching people, and I disappear mysteriously from the forums, you'll know why.

If this isn't snowblind, I don't know what is...  ^___^

Warlords of Draenor has some very RTS-ish bits to it, apparently...  so you may actually be getting your wish, in a sense.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4638 on: November 03, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »

And if there's a multiple homicide and they never catch the guy, it was me.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:22 pm »

Warlords of Draenor has some very RTS-ish bits to it, apparently...  so you may actually be getting your wish, in a sense.
It wouldn't be the same as getting an RTS with that sweet, sweet map editor that Wc3 had.  That's probably the biggest thing I miss the most about Wc3, the plethora of custom maps.  Get trapped in a never-ending cycle of Vampirism that lasted for days.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: November 04, 2014, 01:16:54 pm »

Still want a proper Mechwarrior game.

yep.  but i think activision owns the rights and they can't do anything right.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: November 04, 2014, 01:49:38 pm »

I want to get back into making custom WC3 maps, but I lost my discs. :'(
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: November 04, 2014, 03:42:21 pm »

I still want a game where you just play as a regular ole imperial guardsman with increasingly awesome war gear. Even better, make it a universal game where you can play any type of person in the imperium! inquisitor, imperial guard colonel, adepts arbutus, etc. etc. the possibilities are endless!!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: November 04, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »

A game where you play as gandalf, bronn, hagrid, dumbledore- take your pick, but you have to find and shepherd the chosen one. Excellent way to take the piss out of the usual crappy storyline as well. I understand oblivion did something like that but i bet it didn't go balls to the walls with it. Could be great for single player or Co-op.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: November 04, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

A game that's like Spore except more detailed. You can go to space while still in Civilization stage and your home star system has a 6-14 planets in it. There are also more industry options than spice, would you prefer farming or mining? In the Space Stage you can switch between Flagship mode, which is almost exactly like Spore's Space stage but with actual planetary exploration, and Empire mode, where you manage the empire in a way similar to traditional 4X games.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: November 04, 2014, 06:21:07 pm »

A game where the game lies to you about its mechanics in the tutorial. Not necessarily an outright lie or leaving out key features, but being... misleading but setting up the tutorials in such a way as you wouldn't notice (for example, making it look like a button triggers a door when it's actually something completely unrelated and the button does nothing). Then throughout the course of the game you have to discern what you're being told is truthful and what you need to test for yourself before trusting it.
You'd want a game where failing is actually important rather than just a retry, but actually allow people to iterate on the same problems to some degree. Roguelikes tend to have those tendencies so that'd be a good choice.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: November 04, 2014, 10:01:59 pm »

A game where the game lies to you about its mechanics in the tutorial. Not necessarily an outright lie or leaving out key features, but being... misleading but setting up the tutorials in such a way as you wouldn't notice (for example, making it look like a button triggers a door when it's actually something completely unrelated and the button does nothing). Then throughout the course of the game you have to discern what you're being told is truthful and what you need to test for yourself before trusting it.
You'd want a game where failing is actually important rather than just a retry, but actually allow people to iterate on the same problems to some degree. Roguelikes tend to have those tendencies so that'd be a good choice.
Ooh. Reminds me of Portal, a little bit. In the lying bit, that is.
Except, well, she doesn't lie about your actual game mechanics; the button DOES open the door. What she DOES lie about is much, much more... insidious.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: November 05, 2014, 04:35:59 am »

Really wish someone would make a remake of Sim Earth. Maybe under a different name and slightly different interface, to prevent eventual lawsuits or something.
Could be a fangame for all I care, like FreeCiv or something.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:33:49 am by Ultimuh »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27:57 am »

A game that's like Spore except more detailed. You can go to space while still in Civilization stage and your home star system has a 6-14 planets in it. There are also more industry options than spice, would you prefer farming or mining? In the Space Stage you can switch between Flagship mode, which is almost exactly like Spore's Space stage but with actual planetary exploration, and Empire mode, where you manage the empire in a way similar to traditional 4X games.

You know, I think the main problem of Spore was that it was trying to do too many things at once, so it's wide but ankle-deep in terms of possibilities.

The way I'd go about making Spore 2 would be to serialize it, sorta like Paradox games did with human history - different stages done as separate games with separate mechanics with imports between the episodes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: November 05, 2014, 01:21:41 pm »

Star Wars: Starfighter, but if it was more of a simulation than an arcade-type shooter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 577