Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929609 times)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5070 on: March 13, 2015, 02:55:50 am »

In Factorio you start out working directly with your hands, and then proceed to build technological systems that grant you more and more power.

How about a game where rather than technology it is politics, in the meaner sense of power structures, that is the focus. Feudalism the game or some such. Initially you have to slice off a few peoples heads, and then you are able to get some other people to do that for you. Your orders are not magically transferred from on high to the lowest level. Anything you have not done directly is done via others. Chains of command need to be set up, budgets assigned, conspirators and assassins watched for. How well do you know your own realm? How well can you control it? You might want to wage a war, but that is not simply a matter of money or resources.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: March 13, 2015, 03:49:40 am »

In Factorio you start out working directly with your hands, and then proceed to build technological systems that grant you more and more power.

How about a game where rather than technology it is politics, in the meaner sense of power structures, that is the focus. Feudalism the game or some such. Initially you have to slice off a few peoples heads, and then you are able to get some other people to do that for you. Your orders are not magically transferred from on high to the lowest level. Anything you have not done directly is done via others. Chains of command need to be set up, budgets assigned, conspirators and assassins watched for. How well do you know your own realm? How well can you control it? You might want to wage a war, but that is not simply a matter of money or resources.

That sounds super fun! I'd play that. Combat or is it abstacted?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BlindKitty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: March 13, 2015, 04:58:36 am »

sort of like these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wargame_Construction_Set

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/356/details/The.War.Engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Command_2:_Blitzkrieg

first two are dedicated construction kits, third one is highly modable.

Yeah, that's pretty much in the vein of what I was thinking. Especially The War Engine looks interesting, but really small scale; the scale of Strategic Command 2 was something more on my mind. I will surely take a look at those, thank you!
My little roguelike craft-centered game thread. Check it out.

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: March 13, 2015, 12:23:22 pm »

Not sure if I posted this before, I'm starting to believe I post the same ideas every few months, heh.

I'm spoilering it just in case I'm just repeating myself.

To sum up: a MMORPG game where each player gets better options for making new characters by killing or retiring the old ones off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: March 13, 2015, 11:21:35 pm »

That sounds super fun! I'd play that. Combat or is it abstacted?

Both!
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: March 13, 2015, 11:43:25 pm »

A free to play, Tron based MMORPG,  the only things you pay for are special skins or on demand re-specs.  Three major roles: security program (red lights by default, combat type) messenger program (white lights by default, stealth type) game program (blue lights by default, multi-purpose dynamo with bonuses on the game grid).  Instead of standard exp. you acquire data that can be used to purchase mods and upgrades as well as skills.  Titanic skill web with the possibility for any class to eventually learn anything (Path of Exile like, but with slightly more structure).  Disney could earn idiotic amounts of money with themed skins and accessories.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: March 16, 2015, 11:48:58 am »

My brother came up with an idea for a minecraft mod, which I wrote the details of in a text document. I'll post those later, but I can't actually code it.

The gist of it: You are one of a huge number of hobos (players and mobs can both be hobos) in a world-spanning metropolis. You need to survive the hobo gangs, angry citizens, urchins, and police, whilst trying to fend off hunger and build yourself a home and your own hobo army. Not to mention the zombies...
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5077 on: March 16, 2015, 12:16:57 pm »

Not sure if I posted this before, I'm starting to believe I post the same ideas every few months, heh.

I'm spoilering it just in case I'm just repeating myself.

To sum up: a MMORPG game where each player gets better options for making new characters by killing or retiring the old ones off.

I had a similar idea, except that instead of a "soul," the PC is basically a family line. You can play as anyone of that family. Noble titles and estates move down the line, heirloom swords and such, and trades are usually passed on as well. PC families can "trade" members in political marriages, and doing so has consequences in the way that titles are inherited. Individual family members may have personal advantages and disadvantages; for instance, if the current heir apparent is willfull, he/she might ignore commands given by the player (representing the family gestalt) and instead marry a peasant or learn to paint, in turn ruining decades or even centuries of planning.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: March 16, 2015, 01:44:48 pm »

It's not an rpg, but I think you play as a family line in Tropico 5
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: March 16, 2015, 01:57:38 pm »

Yeah, I don't mean that a soul has to literally be a soul. It's more like the soul is the player (as, the entity that is behind the keyboard).

And just a way to have people dying all over without the player score actually going down or having to start over. But still reward survival / success in a tangible way. In fact, players actually wanting to "roleplay" permadeath.

So... reward survival for as long as possible but only AFTER death :D

Blade312

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: March 16, 2015, 03:49:03 pm »

A more complex Toribash where the players have muscles, bone, fat, and skin and react to pain.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: March 16, 2015, 03:57:23 pm »

A more complex Toribash where the players have muscles, bone, fat, and skin and react to pain.

how would you control the muscles? It'd be a pain to have to manually adjust each muscle group.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: March 16, 2015, 04:25:00 pm »

how would you control the muscles? It'd be a pain to have to manually adjust each muscle group.
Have you ever played Toribash? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: March 16, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »

But most of the fun is in being able to do far too many flips , more than a human being could realistically achieve in one jump, and then do some stupid trick that involves tearing off your arm.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: March 16, 2015, 07:39:07 pm »

My brother came up with an idea for a minecraft mod, which I wrote the details of in a text document. I'll post those later, but I can't actually code it.
So are there any coders willing to help us with this? Especially any familiar with the Technic Launcher?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 577