Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915509 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5340 on: June 12, 2015, 10:13:12 am »

I've always wondered why TES characters suck so much bawlz and have the depth of a mirror. Surely it isn't that expensive to hire a competent writer.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: June 12, 2015, 12:35:44 pm »

2.) A combination of Tropico, SimCity Societies, and regular SimCity. Basically the same as the above, rxcept you have the alternate option of laying out zones as per the core SimCity series instead of placing the buildings directly. Buildings you place directly are co sidered government owned and require upkeep but you have a good deal of control over them (you can fire employees, reduce upkeep by lowering the quality of whatever they do, fiddle with other settings). Buildings that develop from zones are private, requiring no upkeep but offering less control and bring you less revenue; they generally perform whatever service they perform better than you can reliably afford to with govt. versions (in terms of those govt. buildings' upkeep settings) but never as good as you theoretically can if you set upkeep and quality to maximum.
Cities: Skylines

Can any and all buildings be specifically individually placed in Skylines (in addition to the possibility of those same buildings developing from zones)? Because if not then it's not at all what I'm talking about.
Depends on the mods. I myself use ones that allow me greater control over the transit systems; I'm 90% positive that there's a mod that allows you to individually place those sorts of buildings. If there isn't, I'm 95% certain that there's somebody who's already considering making such a mod.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: June 12, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »

Here's an idea:

a fantasy 4x game based partly on the Geryhawk and Planescape settings of Dungeons and Dragons, with play modes based on wars between Zagyg's free city of Greyhawk against Iuz's bandit empire and one based on the Obryith-era wars on Pazunia
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:54 pm »

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

Just in a WWII sort of mood today.
I mean there is "Fire Emblem but set in a fantasy version of WW2."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: June 12, 2015, 11:08:42 pm »

Something WWII and unique, every game that has to do with WWII is either a shooter, an online shooter, a strategy game, or the occasional game about airplanes.

Just in a WWII sort of mood today.
I mean there is "Fire Emblem but set in a fantasy version of WW2."

Valkyrie Chronicles? I actually picked up expecting it be fast paced like Fire Emblem and it just isn't.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: June 13, 2015, 12:41:56 pm »

Heh heh, I mean I bought it the day that I made that post.

I am loving it so far actually.  The plot and the squad customization do seem designed to pad the game between battles but I've had such fun with the battles I don't really care.

If you haven't gotten to chapter 3 I would wait for that before making a judgement.  That's when you get actual character classes and the game opens up.  In the tutorial-ly missions all your soldiers are fast moving, low damage scouts, and the game doesn't explain that to you.  If you take advantage of your character's speeds its possible to beat the first 2 missions in like... 4 turns combined.  Not that I did, I died on the second mission doing something stupid.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: June 13, 2015, 12:46:19 pm »

Politician Puncher: The Game.

Disclaimer: Not digital.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: June 13, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »

Well, there's always the knockout game.

The only problem with targeting politicians in that game is you you either need high stealth and perception skills, or the Quick Escape and Unidentifiable perks. Otherwise your reward is going to be three walls, three hots, one cot and one gate for a few years.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: June 13, 2015, 02:02:56 pm »

Well, there's always the knockout game.

The only problem with targeting politicians in that game is you you either need high stealth and perception skills, or the Quick Escape and Unidentifiable perks. Otherwise your reward is going to be three walls, three hots, one cot and one gate for a few years.
Roll to Assassinate sounds like a neat forum game idea.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: June 13, 2015, 10:39:57 pm »

I'd like CKII, EUIII, VICKY 2, HOI3, and that planned Cold War game Paradox canned all rolled into one mega-game where you can take a country from essentially immediately after the fall of the Roman Empire to right before present day.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: June 13, 2015, 11:24:53 pm »

A roguelike Chivalry style game with a good single player, where you basically have a sandbox world where you travel from fantasy town to city to village, challenging various anachronistic duelists ( samurai, gladiators, fencers, knights, etc. ), with in-game rankings and fame scores, with the goal being to become the most lethal fighter on the planet, and stay there.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: June 13, 2015, 11:35:53 pm »

Literally any open-world game but as a first-person virtual-reality sim. With settings from "base game" to "why are there Super Mutants in my real life" in terms of realisticness.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: June 13, 2015, 11:43:08 pm »

Dark Souls with randomly-generated environments that are somehow as good as hand-crafted ones. possibly achieved through the use of wizard magic.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:09 pm »

I would play a game where you manage a settlement of survivors in a post apocalyptic setting. you would be able to maintain the community by having people assigned to jobs such as scavenging,foraging for and water, and guards to protect your settlement from raiders, rival settlements, or a pack of mutated monsters. the people would have randomly generated personalities, appearances,etc. your settlement would grow either from natural births or from random encounters ending with groups of survivors joining you. you can assign the land in the settlement for different purposes such as housing or crafting.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: June 14, 2015, 11:56:25 pm »

I would play a game where you manage a settlement of survivors in a post apocalyptic setting. you would be able to maintain the community by having people assigned to jobs such as scavenging,foraging for and water, and guards to protect your settlement from raiders, rival settlements, or a pack of mutated monsters. the people would have randomly generated personalities, appearances,etc. your settlement would grow either from natural births or from random encounters ending with groups of survivors joining you. you can assign the land in the settlement for different purposes such as housing or crafting.

This is probably doable as a DF mod

EDIT:
As for games I wish existed, is a GTA or Postal 2 style mayhem simulator that's gory enough to make me actually puke, and almost ruin my keyboard and/or monitor, too mich to ask?

EDIT:
Another idea: A point-and-click/shooter hybird. Most puzzles can be bypassed by selecting the gun and using ot on the character blocking your way.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:04:27 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 577