Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929423 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5430 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The game shall be dedicated to the memory of either Nat Turner and/or to Louis Antoine de Saint-Just and Max Robespierre
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

blazing glory

« Reply #5431 on: July 03, 2015, 08:20:02 pm »

More story-based Star Wars shooters/Republic Commando 2.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: July 04, 2015, 04:03:43 am »

Something like DF's Adventure Mode, but for story-focused RPGs. Say instead of generating every last tiny detail, it creates a "broad overview" version of history with some notable characters to use or mention later in the story, with a number of plot archetypes and interchangeable pieces to swap in and out for new combinations, along with sidequests and other extra areas.

Probably much easier said than done, but this is a thread for wishing after all :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: July 04, 2015, 05:53:59 am »

I've imagined for awhile now a game that is in the style of fire emblem with top-down, turn-based strategic unit warfare, but instead of individual units they'd be groups of 1-5 characters you'd select in that stage's setup phase, and whenever units fought the game would focus in and you'd control that group of characters in more traditional RPG-style (like outta Final Fantasy or something) that'd last for one round before zooming out and continuing the strategy portion.

I don't know if anything like that exists, all the most recent Fire Emblems have been disappointing so I always get caught up in what *I* would have done.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: July 04, 2015, 06:53:22 am »

I've imagined for awhile now a game that is in the style of fire emblem with top-down, turn-based strategic unit warfare, but instead of individual units they'd be groups of 1-5 characters you'd select in that stage's setup phase, and whenever units fought the game would focus in and you'd control that group of characters in more traditional RPG-style (like outta Final Fantasy or something) that'd last for one round before zooming out and continuing the strategy portion.

I don't know if anything like that exists, all the most recent Fire Emblems have been disappointing so I always get caught up in what *I* would have done.

Have you heard of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1/2?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: July 04, 2015, 08:45:46 am »

I have, actually I think I own the first one but I never gave it a spin. Or did I buy Overclocked? I can't remember.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: July 04, 2015, 12:37:47 pm »

I remember an Ogre Tactics game for the N64 that was a bit like this. Not turn-based, but when groups of opposing units encountered each other it would zoom in and you'd get to watch each of the units fire off an attack/spell before one side or the other is declared the winner. Then it's back to the real-time strategic view.

...man, I want to play that again. Never got very far (rental).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: July 04, 2015, 12:44:43 pm »

Any game with an honest-to-goodness Chao Garden, like was present in the Gamecube versions of Sonic Adventure and it's sequel.

ESPECIALLY if it's a mod for Minecraft.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: July 04, 2015, 02:51:01 pm »

Any game with an honest-to-goodness Chao Garden, like was present in the Gamecube versions of Sonic Adventure and it's sequel.

ESPECIALLY if it's a mod for Minecraft.

To be honest, I never even found the Chao Gardens in Sonic Adventure until I was close to the very end of the game, and by then I was far too checked-out of the game to raise a Chao. :P

Speaking of, SONIC ADVENTURE 3. I don't care if I only like the original games because of nostalgia goggles, I don't care how poorly the latest 3D Sonic games have fared. I want a fast 3D platformer with awkward poorly-dubbed cutscenes, oddly shiny characters and a whole bunch of bullshit side characters that are no fun to play as. I would even be fine with an HD remake of the original Sonic Adventure with updated graphics and some gameplay tweaks.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: July 05, 2015, 02:34:36 am »

I remember an Ogre Tactics game for the N64 that was a bit like this. Not turn-based, but when groups of opposing units encountered each other it would zoom in and you'd get to watch each of the units fire off an attack/spell before one side or the other is declared the winner. Then it's back to the real-time strategic view.

...man, I want to play that again. Never got very far (rental).

I never played the N64 one, but on SNES there was Tactics Ogre: March of the Black Queen, which I did play and beat. I thought it was novel enough at the time, but you don't get to control, you're just setting up your unit and they do their thing automatically. Plus Tactics Ogre's character progression was extremely arcane, nonintuitive, and slow. It took the entire game to do any cool stuff with leveling or ranking up or changing classes, and I basically needed GameFAQs on tap at all times to clear up all the mysterious BS hidden in the game mechanics. It was really disappointing experience overall.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: July 05, 2015, 07:43:04 am »

I have, actually I think I own the first one but I never gave it a spin. Or did I buy Overclocked? I can't remember.
It's pretty much what you described. You have your characters which each act as a single unit on the strategic map. Each unit is the character, and multiple demons, who I believe each get their own move.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: July 05, 2015, 05:54:21 pm »

I'll have to re-download it to my 3DS and give it a whirl. thx.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: July 05, 2015, 07:00:01 pm »

Was going to say, that description sounds exactly like Sonic 06. It never stipulated that Sonic had to be fun to play as, after all.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:11 am »

Yeah, I realized that after it was too late to edit and clarify that I wanted a good sequel to SA2. :P

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: July 07, 2015, 04:28:10 am »

I knew I knew one game that did that! Bahamut Lagoon for the SNES(Japan only, but there's a fanlation)! Game is crazy, there's that individual in tactical/party in battle thing, dragons you control indirectly with orders and elemental magic affects the battlefield(ice freezes water, making bridges, thunder destroys trees I think and I forgot what fire does :P). Well worth a try I'd say.

And then there's gemfire, where your individual units are really whole army units but you have no agency over combat, you just tell them what to attack in tactical mode and the game autoresolves how many on each side dies. Yggdra Union does something simmilar IIRC, but I wouldn't be surprised if another game in the "series" did exactly what you want though, they tend to have weird battle systems.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:29:51 am by Uristides »
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 577