Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926911 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5490 on: July 15, 2015, 03:20:48 am »

I wonder if we could make a cell-based DF mod

Somebody programmed the game of life in DF.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: July 16, 2015, 02:04:56 am »

I want a horror game kinda like the SCP games or Alien: Isolation where being loud in real life actually creates noise in the game, provided you have a microphone hooked up.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: July 16, 2015, 02:35:16 am »

I want a horror game kinda like the SCP games or Alien: Isolation where being loud in real life actually creates noise in the game, provided you have a microphone hooked up.

I'll be glad when my Mom yells at me like a banshee through the wall into my room, she gets me killed in the game as well.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: July 16, 2015, 12:42:29 pm »

I want a game that's a super combo of CK2 and Mount & Blade.
  • There are multiple (around like, 12) kingdoms that preexist and need casus belli to declare war upon one another, but small feuds between lords can spark skirmishes, which could turn into war.
  • From CK2: allow your companions to fill certain royal counsel positions, such as spymaster. Certain companions will do better in certain positions: take Jeremus from the vanilla game. Great doc, horrible/nonexistant scouting skills. Perfect Court Physician, good Court Steward, horrible Spymaster.
  • Form plots to denounce your fellow lords for political gain. Frame them as evil heretics. Elope with their daughters. All the political maneuvering and interaction expected of a CK2 inspired game.
  • Religious wars; kingdoms are split between religions and they can war upon one another if their religious head is beefing with another religious head.
  • You can literally craft your own empire from between these kingdoms; there's empty land you can claim and start building small villages and forts on to later turn into cities and castles.
  • Getting other kingdoms to RESPECT YOUR AUTHORITY requires either a papal mandate with their religious head or enough prestige/fame to be accepted. Or you can get a legit claim by marrying a lord's daughter. Or all of the above for the strongest right to rule.
  • Commission system for masterwork/unique gear: once you have enough money and fame/get vassalised as a lord/get recognized as a ruler, you can commission a set of royal heraldic armor, matching crown, and a strong, unique weapon. This will take time, of course.
  • Outfitters for your companions: a place where you can order multiple copies of the same heraldic armor for your companions. They aren't unique armors, but they are standard quality and you don't have to run around to get matching armor for your royal companions. Also sells basic boots from leather to plate and matching gauntlets.
  • Levy and conscription system and deeper morale. Levies are farmers/freemen that you put a call to arms to, who you pay to join your army. They start with half morale and grow it faster and start better armed and can upgrade to Men-at-arms. Conscripts are unpaid serfs that are forced to take up arms. They are horrible quality and don't get very far skill-wise. They also have horrid morale that never gets above half a bar/percentage. Raising either conscripts or levies takes time. They are summoned up in a large lump and can be diversified to light cavalry (Levies only), infantry and ranged soldiers. Conscripts only go up one level and go from peasants with pitchforks and tunics to padded cloth (colored your heraldry colours), armed with basic spears and bows. Levies can rank up twice to men-at-arms level combatants with mail and heraldic tabards. Knights and heavy cavalry are special cases: to even get these guys you either need to hire a merc company for their heavy cav, or you need to be a lord of some rank and can order your marshal to gather your landed and unlanded errant knights.
[il]Combat is choose-able between Mount & Blade's "Take the field yourself and lead from the front" and a Total War style RTS: to make the units you control, your conscript groups can be divvied up into groups from the party screen, and you can auto sort and auto fill units: "Red team" might be nothing but light infantry you can specify to hold up to the unit cap (based on your leadership and tactics skills). So when you pick up some peasant levies and buy them up to light line infantry a certain amount will auto dump to Red team to fill them up to your set cap. [/il]
[/list]

I got more ideas to add here, but this is the base list for right now.

edit: tried to flesh it out but kinda fucked up my post.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:17:46 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: July 16, 2015, 04:54:16 pm »

I'm getting pretty good with the Unity engine, so if someone wants to work together on a mockup of some ideas, I'm down for that. I'm no artist though so preferably someone who would do the art side, and I do the coding side.

I'm wondering about the cell colony game mechanics. What do you envision as the control scheme for each player? One cell like an RPG, or 3rd-person control of many cells like an RTS?

My idea is each person is there own cell and can perform actions (or abilities ie: "Secrete acids" could be keybound to key "1", or something). The concept of multiple cells like an organism working together would be:
    A: An AI would control excess cells (AI controlled cells are created when a player controlled cell splits. A player controlled cell that splits can either be taken over by a human or an AI)
    B: Humans would have first dibs on all cells in an organism

So, take for example, if this was a MMO game, and you and a bunch of your friends want to make a guild. Bam, you do it, just it's considered an "organism". However in this game it has more functionality and bindingness, once you form an organism you're all kind of stuck together as a single multi-cellular organism. (Maybe you'd be able to freeroam even after forming this community, or being in a guild would give you an option to form the organism whenever you want like a guild super-ability requiring a number of members of the guild or something idrk).

It could also be round-based, not MMO, so same style as above but with a lot less permanence.

tl;dr: Each person controls one cell. At least, that was my initial idea, but I'm open to anything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, that was orgasmic. Seriously I love CK2 and played some M&B before.
    "ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
    "zzz"
    BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5495 on: July 17, 2015, 01:58:30 am »

You know, I probably don't need to advertise it, but it just occurred to me that the most recent humble bundle was aimed at amateur game creation. That's kinda of relevant to this thread for people that might actually want to attempt to give their ideas some tangible form.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
    • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5496 on: July 17, 2015, 02:50:01 am »

You know, I probably don't need to advertise it, but it just occurred to me that the most recent humble bundle was aimed at amateur game creation. That's kinda of relevant to this thread for people that might actually want to attempt to give their ideas some tangible form.

Stencyl is in the bundle and Stencyl is pretty cool. It's especially cool with the Indie Edition because that means that you can publish to desktop as well as Flash.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5497 on: July 17, 2015, 03:06:53 am »

So, take for example, if this was a MMO game, and you and a bunch of your friends want to make a guild. Bam, you do it, just it's considered an "organism". However in this game it has more functionality and bindingness, once you form an organism you're all kind of stuck together as a single multi-cellular organism. (Maybe you'd be able to freeroam even after forming this community, or being in a guild would give you an option to form the organism whenever you want like a guild super-ability requiring a number of members of the guild or something idrk).

Being glued to other players sounds like it'd really crimp play styles of the players ... if it's an MMO you want jump in / jump out functionality where you can play while you're online. And being stuck to other people who might be offline doesn't sound conducive to that. This idea really needs a design doc where you address the modes of play and what a typical gaming session will be like.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5498 on: July 17, 2015, 06:48:37 am »

Icefire2314 and Reelya: I suggest you create a thread about developing this game in Creative Projects and link it here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5499 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:38 am »

I was thinking of doing a thread where we take ideas from this thread and code them up.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
    • I look like this IRL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5500 on: July 17, 2015, 09:19:22 am »

I want a game that's a super combo of CK2 and Mount & Blade.
      • There are multiple (around like, 12) kingdoms that preexist and need casus belli to declare war upon one another, but small feuds between lords can spark skirmishes, which could turn into war.
      • From CK2: allow your companions to fill certain royal counsel positions, such as spymaster. Certain companions will do better in certain positions: take Jeremus from the vanilla game. Great doc, horrible/nonexistant scouting skills. Perfect Court Physician, good Court Steward, horrible Spymaster.
      • Form plots to denounce your fellow lords for political gain. Frame them as evil heretics. Elope with their daughters. All the political maneuvering and interaction expected of a CK2 inspired game.
      • Religious wars; kingdoms are split between religions and they can war upon one another if their religious head is beefing with another religious head.
      • You can literally craft your own empire from between these kingdoms; there's empty land you can claim and start building small villages and forts on to later turn into cities and castles.
      • Getting other kingdoms to RESPECT YOUR AUTHORITY requires either a papal mandate with their religious head or enough prestige/fame to be accepted. Or you can get a legit claim by marrying a lord's daughter. Or all of the above for the strongest right to rule.
      • Commission system for masterwork/unique gear: once you have enough money and fame/get vassalised as a lord/get recognized as a ruler, you can commission a set of royal heraldic armor, matching crown, and a strong, unique weapon. This will take time, of course.
      • Outfitters for your companions: a place where you can order multiple copies of the same heraldic armor for your companions. They aren't unique armors, but they are standard quality and you don't have to run around to get matching armor for your royal companions. Also sells basic boots from leather to plate and matching gauntlets.
      • Levy and conscription system and deeper morale. Levies are farmers/freemen that you put a call to arms to, who you pay to join your army. They start with half morale and grow it faster and start better armed and can upgrade to Men-at-arms. Conscripts are unpaid serfs that are forced to take up arms. They are horrible quality and don't get very far skill-wise. They also have horrid morale that never gets above half a bar/percentage. Raising either conscripts or levies takes time. They are summoned up in a large lump and can be diversified to light cavalry (Levies only), infantry and ranged soldiers. Conscripts only go up one level and go from peasants with pitchforks and tunics to padded cloth (colored your heraldry colours), armed with basic spears and bows. Levies can rank up twice to men-at-arms level combatants with mail and heraldic tabards. Knights and heavy cavalry are special cases: to even get these guys you either need to hire a merc company for their heavy cav, or you need to be a lord of some rank and can order your marshal to gather your landed and unlanded errant knights.
      [il]Combat is choose-able between Mount & Blade's "Take the field yourself and lead from the front" and a Total War style RTS: to make the units you control, your conscript groups can be divvied up into groups from the party screen, and you can auto sort and auto fill units: "Red team" might be nothing but light infantry you can specify to hold up to the unit cap (based on your leadership and tactics skills). So when you pick up some peasant levies and buy them up to light line infantry a certain amount will auto dump to Red team to fill them up to your set cap. [/il]
      [/list]

I got more ideas to add here, but this is the base list for right now.

edit: tried to flesh it out but kinda fucked up my post.
      When I saw the combo of mount and blade and Ck2. I was like I have been imagining this exact combination for years finally someone else who thinks it would be great.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5501 on: July 17, 2015, 10:55:33 am »

I was thinking of doing a thread where we take ideas from this thread and code them up.
      I had a similar idea where idea people & devs would make proof-of-concepts.
      However time is the largest resource we need, but don't have for such a thread to be successful :/

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
      • Dank.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5502 on: July 17, 2015, 11:18:52 am »

However time is the largest resource we need, but don't have for such a thread to be successful :/

Truly we all suffer from the greatest drawback of gaming: having lives.
      Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
      Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5503 on: July 17, 2015, 12:22:20 pm »

Truly we all suffer from the greatest drawback of gaming: having lives.

Speak for yourself. I don't have a life myself, but rather a deficit of skills, discipline, creativity, and perseverance.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
      • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
        • View Profile
      « Reply #5504 on: July 17, 2015, 11:49:08 pm »

A sci-fi/space 4x where more than one nation can occupy a given planet
      NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
      What is TPP
      ----------------------
      Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
      ----------------------
      Έπαινος Ερις
      Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 577