Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915533 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5520 on: July 20, 2015, 08:52:13 pm »

A game where you play a friendly Eldritch Abomination who's aware of humanity's impending doom.  You try to warn people but everyone you tell goes insane.  So it falls on you to create a cult to yourself and save humanity.
This is a thing that I want.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 20, 2015, 08:57:11 pm »

Cthulhu X-Com
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 20, 2015, 09:02:29 pm »

C-Com.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: July 21, 2015, 04:56:46 am »

Cthulhu X-Com

turn-of-the-century Cthulhu x-com
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5524 on: July 21, 2015, 05:26:40 am »

X3TC but more of an RTS. Instead of personally flying around, you manage your fleet/stations. Same material system and all.

Sounds good, but you'd have to have either SETA (timewarp), or increase ship speeds considerably to get anything done in a reasonable time frame.

Some of the larger systems are hell to fly through when your Mercury Tanker's maxed speed is 75 ms-1. I'm looking at you, Teladi space between the Split core sectors and PTNI.

Sure, 75 ms-1 sounds fast, but these sectors are upwards of 100 km across. That's 22 minutes without SETA x1000. Per sector. Just over 2 minutes with SETA.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: July 21, 2015, 05:37:13 am »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: July 21, 2015, 05:48:09 am »

X3TC but more of an RTS. Instead of personally flying around, you manage your fleet/stations. Same material system and all.

Sounds good, but you'd have to have either SETA (timewarp), or increase ship speeds considerably to get anything done in a reasonable time frame.

Some of the larger systems are hell to fly through when your Mercury Tanker's maxed speed is 75 ms-1. I'm looking at you, Teladi space between the Split core sectors and PTNI.

Sure, 75 ms-1 sounds fast, but these sectors are upwards of 100 km across. That's 22 minutes without SETA x1000. Per sector. Just over 2 minutes with SETA.

Be grateful. Real space is a lot bigger.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: July 21, 2015, 06:03:40 am »

Cthulhu X-Com

Cultist 1 fires generic bolt-action rifle! Hits and kills anti-cult police! "Good show, friend."

Meanwhile back at McCultist Manor, you've made progress on steampunk powered armor. And the counsel has decided to continue funding your cult as you've made good progress on summoning The Dark One.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5528 on: July 21, 2015, 06:04:07 am »

Be grateful. Real space is a lot bigger.

I know. Some KSP missions would take months in real time if timewarp isn't used.

And the real solar system is much bigger than the KSP solar system.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: July 21, 2015, 08:01:50 am »

Cthulhu X-Com

Cultist 1 fires generic bolt-action rifle! Hits and kills anti-cult police! "Good show, friend."

Meanwhile back at McCultist Manor, you've made progress on steampunk powered armor. And the counsel has decided to continue funding your cult as you've made good progress on summoning The Dark One.
I say.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:17 am »

By the courtesy of The Video Game Name Generator...
Amateur Death Corps
Set in eiher 1930s or in a moving timeline Where you play as a lone vigilante, gaining support of the population by fighting crime, procuring money by raids, crime and attacking government convoys, recruiting members and in the end causing a revolution against the government.

Basically LCS, but without the L and with and R.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: July 21, 2015, 10:00:08 am »

I tried it as well.
Ultimate Love Machine obviously this generator knows who I am very well

Sort of a dating-sim/management game, where you play as a Cupid, setting up couples in your venue (like a park, or restaurant or something.)
You have to do the business side of things, but also gain the ability to spend (I dunno, Love points?) some sort of 'spiritual currency' to cause supernatural stuff, generated by the happiness/lovey-doveyness of your patrons. You have to balance the two.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: July 21, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

Not really a game per se, but more of a possibility of a game mechanic:

I wonder if it would be possible to have a traditional antagonistic PvE encounter, in which both sides are played by players. That is, one side is a traditional group facing off against a powerful dungeon or raid boss, but that raid boss is controlled by a player themselves. Not aligned to PvP progression in any way, but mostly just... what would the result be if you had a human intelligence behind a raid boss' ability use?

Properly incentivizing both sides would be a problem. Well, the group has their usual incentive to win, but something has to exist to keep the Enemy from simply picking their nose while the group knocks over a loot pinata. Perhaps make it require a significant investment to queue up for the command encounter, to the degree that anyone queuing up does so out of selfishness for the rewards (so they have a strong incentive to win, otherwise they need to waste many hours/resources re-keying to become eligible to queue again). Probably reduced/secondary rewards for the loser in either case, maybe tiered for the Enemy if they put up a good show (if you could somehow categorize a "near loss" for example).

Maybe have some semi-autonomous nature to the encounter as well. Like, maybe you're not controlling just one unit, but a small group (think the various "council" fights seen in WoW) and you can hop between units to command them directly, or even hop out entirely and take a broader, tactical view...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: July 21, 2015, 06:27:15 pm »

Not really a game per se, but more of a possibility of a game mechanic:

I wonder if it would be possible to have a traditional antagonistic PvE encounter, in which both sides are played by players. That is, one side is a traditional group facing off against a powerful dungeon or raid boss, but that raid boss is controlled by a player themselves. Not aligned to PvP progression in any way, but mostly just... what would the result be if you had a human intelligence behind a raid boss' ability use?

Properly incentivizing both sides would be a problem. Well, the group has their usual incentive to win, but something has to exist to keep the Enemy from simply picking their nose while the group knocks over a loot pinata. Perhaps make it require a significant investment to queue up for the command encounter, to the degree that anyone queuing up does so out of selfishness for the rewards (so they have a strong incentive to win, otherwise they need to waste many hours/resources re-keying to become eligible to queue again). Probably reduced/secondary rewards for the loser in either case, maybe tiered for the Enemy if they put up a good show (if you could somehow categorize a "near loss" for example).

Maybe have some semi-autonomous nature to the encounter as well. Like, maybe you're not controlling just one unit, but a small group (think the various "council" fights seen in WoW) and you can hop between units to command them directly, or even hop out entirely and take a broader, tactical view...
THIS.
SOMEONE MAKE THIS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: July 21, 2015, 06:29:22 pm »

Exists already. Can't remember the name but it's due to be released on PC and XBone, I think.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 577