Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914482 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5670 on: August 11, 2015, 06:21:06 pm »

I want a first-person shooter set entirely in a construct like the World Canister (I forget the name) from Schlock Mercenary. Something sci-fi heavy, but with lots of focus on spaceships and skydiving.

Imagine a bastard child of Halo, Just Cause, and Elite:Dangerous/Star Citizen/name your spaceshipgameofchoice
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: August 11, 2015, 06:31:56 pm »

Schlick Mercenary would be an interesting game. I wonder if it would involve the Tau...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: August 11, 2015, 10:04:13 pm »

Whoops didn't notice the typo.

...Oh god.  That would be...
Hold on, I need to go find the brain bleach.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: August 11, 2015, 11:59:25 pm »

This is an idea that I had for a specific game that I'd like to make if ever I have the technical aptitude or know someone who does, but here goes. A post-appocolyptic open-world survival-MMO set after WW3.
The story: One day, the world was absolutely fine, kids playing on the streets, peace on earth, world hunger ended, and the next it all went to hell. Without warning the dead started rising in Germany. At first it was nothing serious, the dead ambling out from a car wreck, quickly being out down by police and systems for the dead quickly devised, but this had a profound mental affect. Seeing the dead climb out the grave doesn't just make the news, it signals the apocolypse. As panic started spreading throughout the world, people attempting to repent to reverse the divine wrath, the Infection spread. Israel, France, the U.K, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, China, India, Japan, the U.S., Mexico, Brazil. The governments of the world tried to deny the impossible nature of this Black Undeath, claiming that it was a highly sofisticated bio-weapon developed by the a power-hungry country. America blamed Russia, the only major power not yet infected. It did not take long before nukes were aimed at major cities between the U.S. and Russia. Many loyal U.N. members opposing this war turned their warheads toward the two powerhouses, receiving equal treatment form their targets. North Korea happily pointed their nukes at the U.S. with South Korea opposing them. Quickly, every country with a nuclear program was prepared to make use of it and in the most of the tension and the heated debates, one was launched. It is lost to history who fired first. The few Russians still alive today claim the U.S. Americans say Russia. Others claim North Korea got trigger happy, but soon most major cities had been wiped from the map. Moscow, New York, P'yongyang, Washington D.C., Seoul, Baghdad, Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, Paris, London, Berlin... The list goes on. In the aftermath, countries fell into pieces of their former selves. Many smaller countries became little more than groups of warring raiders and factions. The zombies of those killed by radiation poison and the aftermath of the Great Nuclear War filled the world with walking husks, forever changing it. 20 years later, the hordes of been thinned somewhat (though still massive), societies are stabilizing and on the rise, and you're here, ready to forge a new life.
Features:
•A body part, disease, hunger, hydration, and blood level-based damage system. 1 damaged hand makes most 2 handed items unusable and creates severe penalties for others. 1 damaged foot or leg gives a limp and prevents running. Broken bones cause great pain which need proper treatment. Burning limbs can be put out but will increase in intensity quickly, causing pain and semi-permanent to permanent damage.
•A faction multiplayer system in which players join a faction that slowly works it way up from a small clan to a sovereign state. Diplomatic states including:War (Reward for killing enemy), Hostility (small amounts of organized attacks, such a raiding with extra reward) Neutral (no relation. Can still fight) Truce (fighting forbidden. Members of the other faction will be highlighted blue and you will be notified of their presence when near) and Allied (Sworn to aid eachother during war. Can be done by sending resources, or combat assistance.) At later stages, alliances with other player factions and NPC countries.
•NPC countries. When the server spawns, these are placed from a premade list. Contain trading havens, in which any conbat will instantly make you hostile to the country and their guards that patrol the place. Player factions can trade caravans with countries.
•Trading caravans that can be raided by NPC countries, players, or player factions. Guards can be hired to prevent this.
•Dangerous AI and NPCs
•Set amount of raidable resources when the server begins. This includes scrap metal, rock, items, and wood that can be found lootable/extractable in structures and remnants of civilization.
•A pool of resources for NPC countries that determines everything they own or can build. Trade posts, guards, guard towers, military bases, and cities(contain many items to loot, but are heavily guarded. Toppling the capitol can destroy an NPC's country.). Profits made by trade and acquisitions by raiding parties add to the pool.
•A highly detailed crafting system that allows you to easily craft primitive weapons with sticks and stones without special equipment and gets more complex, useful, and rewarding with higher level crafting equipment. (Workbenches where you can build weapons, ammo, and armour from scratch using your resources and items.)
•As your faction progresses, the ability to create complex, automatic operations to gain raw resources from different constructions.
•A wide array of detailed and useful constructions to build, each requiring realistic resources.
•A wide variety of guns and ammo that you can find and build. Assault rifles, marksman and sniper rifles, shotguns(low and high-spread), machine guns, submachineguns, pistols, and machine pistols. Ammo: AP, HE, Incendiary (dragons breath, HEI HEIP(High-explosive incendiary + propellent, essentially a small incendiary bomb shot from a gun used for setting fires and area-denial. Shot by very few weapons (mostly large machine guns))and API) subsonic, varying calibers fitting different guns)

More details, the list goes on.
•New ammo- junk ammo. Some weapons are made to launch pieces of junk at lethal speeds and shotgun rounds can be loaded with an old rusty nail or other suitable item. Very likely to cause an infection.
•Wide variety of melee weapons, including maces, clubs, spears, swords, knives, bayonets, hammers, axes, and impromptu whacking sticks, like crowbars. Different attacks that can be blocked. Horizontal, generally faster. Vertical- most damage, slow. Stab/prod-has most reach, not as slow as vertical. Some items may not have workable points, making this either not an option, or an ineffective one. Special attacks for different items (spears having light and heavy stabs(more reach damage, and time)or being thrown for example). These will also allow one to hit different body parts more easily (overhead from behind knocking the enemy out easily, horizontal cut to the knee crippling a leg, or a precise stab at an organ or the throat.
•Primitive ranged weapons that can be crafted and found including recurve bows, longbows, compound bows, crossbows, throwing spear and atlatl, and slings that shoot rock or junk. Different types of arrows and bolts with different fletching (flight path), shaft length, (flight path)material (durability) and tips(shape and material)(damage and armor piercing. Can be poisoned or made of lead.) Will either brake or be retrievable after shot based on durability.
•Tools including axes, shovels, pickaxes, and farming tools. Used to chop, mine, dig, and farm for resources.
•Faction XP system in which the faction gains Unity points as members of the faction do quests and activities that benefit the faction.
•Faction based quests that can be undertaken only one at a time at any time. Can be defending a trade caravan, raiding an enemy caravan, or manual domestic tasks.
•Player based XP system in which the player has an increasing multiplier to faction XP earned by themself.
•Map that spans the entire globe with available resources, NPC countries, land, loot, and nuclear wasteland depending on location. Different areas are good for different reasons. Europe is a great start because it has a lot of early game loot, but as early game loot disappears, it will be crowded by the more experienced players. North America, more spread out. Good early game loot. More desirable mid-game. South America, little of note, good for late game base-building. Africa, full of warring countries that can be made hostile and fought for XP. Can be good for late game base building due to most people avoiding its desolate regions. Asia, bad early game due to the millions of zombies, but good to awesome loot in the mid game when the hordes can be thinned. Japan especially has much high-tech loot.
•Faction XP that determines the level of a faction and things they can build. For example, clans can make semi-permanent to permanent camps, and states can build cities, mining operations, lumber operations, oil wells, quarries, an plantations to be worked in by the population the cities support.
•Dynamic gameplay. Early game requires looting resources to survive, while late-game focuses on large states harvesting resources and building high-tech things themselves.
•Wide variety of vehicles to be found and to be made/customized, including boats, cars, trucks, APCs, jeeps, ATVs, sportscars, helicopters, fighter jets and bombers, stealth bombers (super expensive!), and more.
•Wide array of explosives,including molotovs, home-made grenades, frag grenades, HE grenades, grenade launchers, incendiary grenades, rockets, incendiary rockets, rocket launchers, vehicle mounted rockets, guided missiles, mini-nukes, nuclear missiles, and interception missiles for nuclear missiles(I think they're called IBCMs? Not sure exactly), and more.
•Robots, including security or attack turrets on buildings and vehicles, recon drones, combat drones, and miniature disposable tanks. Range from primitive miniguns mounted on an RC platform to drones that can be outfitted with guided missiles.
•Cybernetic and genetic mods that can be given to a character and lost upon death.
•Multiple game modes for more casual players, more serious players, and full (or as close as possible)realistic simulation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:14:05 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5674 on: August 12, 2015, 12:11:48 am »

I always wanted a zombie game that took place in a large city with tall, closely packed buildings, and there were just THOUSANDS of zombies. The slow kind that you have to shoot in the head. Turn the corner- Oh dear, a horde that fills the entire road. Can't go that way. Unless you have a lot of ammo.

-snip-
Sounds like an idea I've heard a thousand times before.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: August 12, 2015, 02:11:18 am »

This isn't likely or even practical, but this is the wish thread so:

A Star Wars game where you can actually engage in the sort of ship customization present in the various related media. Like, how if you don't like the stock weapons, you can replace them, or the engines, or a myriad other systems. You could even modify the interior to get more or less living space, put in a storage bay for a fighter or speeder bike, or have hidden cargo holds like the ones present in the Millennium Falcon. The way I'm picturing it, you could probably even make Uglies if you wanted to.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: August 12, 2015, 02:43:23 am »

Take Spore.

Make it not suck

Make a cell stage, but make it really advanced and very scientific.

Water stage where you are a simple creature exploring a huge water ecosystem in a 3d environment

Creature stage, but actually scientific and not suckage. Most of peoples creatures will just die a horrible death if they are made in a bad way. Like, you can put two heads on your creature...not usually the greatest idea as most of the time the animal dies or there are many health complications.

Caveman stage where you roam around killing stuff for food and living in meager shelters

Tribal stage where you are less primitive than a caveman, and sorta like Spore did it...but more advanced and better

Civilization stage that plays like a Civilization-style game

Epic 3d space era like starmade or another space exploration style game where you can go to planets in a 3d environment (not spore where it was sorta 2dish), but even better than starmade or any of the others as you can terraform each planet and plop creatures from one to another. Then they breed with each other and make weird hybrids...many which just do not deserve to exist and die a horrible disgusting death or you just put them out of their misery. Also make space stage similar to that of distant worlds...but 3d...and also make it like X3 terran conflict...yeah...epicness...distant worlds combined with TC combined with many spore elements :D

In a universe that is as big as spore's one. BUT...you can go to MANY other universes!

Also, to tie it all in...all the stages are interconnected. There is no loading screen between them like in Spore. You start on a planet and actually watch as you slowly evolve to be more and more advanced. Planets would be like starmade where there is no loading screen or anything.

You can also see primitive creatures on your own planet, if you let them live. And if they advance enough, they can pose a threat to your home planet (or maybe if you have been friendly with them, they can be mecenaries or part of your empire and you can have an inter-racial empire)

(edit: Oh! And once you get to space stage. You can go onto different planets FPS style and shoot things like a FPS game. Might have missions to spy on another civilization, or sneak into a building in a huge city (cities should be huge, not lame as hell like spore) and steal something. Or assassinate someone. And the game could then play like assassin's creed...jumping on buildings and stuff and climbing and all that. So hopefully you made a creature that is good at that stuff ;P All kinds of cool FPS things could be added in. Maybe even add gameplay like in Skyrim.

Or you could choose the entire time to be an insect. You could evolve into a hivemind and take over planets, zerg style. And the game would play before space stage, sorta like sim ant. But then sorta turn into a starcraft-style game...but in 3d...yeah...

All in a seamless environment with no loading screens :D

I'll see that game...never :P

But if that game ever comes out. That would be the game to end all games. If it didn't suck like Spore.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:51:48 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: August 12, 2015, 02:53:02 am »

Boy, I shouldn't have so much coffee as that idea above while sounds like the god of games. I doubt would ever be made. I went really crazy with that game I wish existed :P

But man, that game would sure be epic.

But I think I've had too much coffee :P

(edit: Actually if robots get smart and sentient. I can give them that game idea and they'd make it just like that. Probably still take some time. But they'd do it better than a team of humans could for free too :P

Now I really wish robots to take over game programmers jobs :P)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:56:14 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: August 12, 2015, 07:06:13 am »

I wish to see a game where you play as your own cyber-Hitler and you can pick and adjust various gear for him, like machine gun, chain saw, spore-spaying apparatus, nuclear missile launcher etc so that you're able to rig up a hell machine of your dream. The goal is to establish Nazi regimes throughout the world, destroying anyone getting in your way and turning the others into slaves. Anyone dreams of similar?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:12:59 am by RoguelikeRazuka »

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: August 12, 2015, 07:16:17 am »

A sim like realistic fps based on WWII with mixed armies (tanks and soldiers, cannons and planes all on the same "huge" map) with a strategic campaign based on Europe map were you take turns to attack enemy towns and defend your own (this would be the map) and capture objectives like industrial complexes, airports, town centers etc. No skill progression, no b2p weapons, access to all armament, choose your destiny :P

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: August 12, 2015, 09:43:26 am »

I wish to see a game where you play as your own cyber-Hitler and you can pick and adjust various gear for him, like machine gun, chain saw, spore-spaying apparatus, nuclear missile launcher etc so that you're able to rig up a hell machine of your dream. The goal is to establish Nazi regimes throughout the world, destroying anyone getting in your way and turning the others into slaves. Anyone dreams of similar?
Mechkrieger 2

All systems üblich

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5681 on: August 12, 2015, 09:56:40 pm »

World of Infantry.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: August 12, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »

World of Infantry.
World of Refugees, where you play as a civilian fleeing from the tanks, planes, and ships continually destroying your towns as collateral damage.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: August 12, 2015, 10:13:18 pm »

World of Infantry.
World of Refugees, where you play as a civilian fleeing from the tanks, planes, and ships continually destroying your towns as collateral damage.
This, I would like to see.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: August 12, 2015, 10:57:21 pm »

i'd like to see Warthunder: 40k edition while we're at it!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 577