Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926779 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5925 on: September 20, 2015, 09:23:18 pm »

An actual fluid, first person boxing game
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5926 on: September 20, 2015, 11:52:54 pm »

I suggest looking into this. It's first person, perfectly fluid, and has amazing graphics. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:03 am »

Boxing is my least favorite striking martial art... Like that tissue damage is insane.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: September 26, 2015, 04:25:03 pm »

I wish there was a game that did proper "holy shit, this must be the end of the world" apocalyptic large-scale battles right. Even the final, most exciting battles in a lot of games feel very understated and low-key. The closest I've seen is some battles in ARMA.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: September 26, 2015, 06:10:41 pm »

Star Wars: Battlegrounds? Over 100 troops running around, vehicles exploding everywhere...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: September 26, 2015, 07:58:57 pm »

I wish there was a game that did proper "holy shit, this must be the end of the world" apocalyptic large-scale battles right. Even the final, most exciting battles in a lot of games feel very understated and low-key. The closest I've seen is some battles in ARMA.

DOW: Soulstorm -- Ultimate Apocalypse mod.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5931 on: September 27, 2015, 04:17:30 am »

Planetside 2 in days of it's glory could have very damn cool battles with all the combined arms power.
Ultimate Apocalypse for DoW includes fucking titans (as in, 200 meters high continent-breaking robutts), but of course you have to manage to live to that point (or use cheats/agree to not attack when playing with friends) which isin't granted.
Big battles in EVE Online are fucking amazing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: September 27, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »

X-com Apocolypse did a really good job at making the environment feel like it was really the end of the world, you with limited resources fighting it out with a properly freaky alien threat, and other desperate factions within one of the last city states on the planet, but I don't think the battles are what you're looking for, unless you play real-time and make risky maneuvers which will destroy you're squad. However, some base assaults can get hellish quickly(even in turn-based), espescially on harder difficulties when you're resources are limited and you're soldiers might not be able to handle a full alien dropship invading, or they're recovering from wounds and start out at a huge risk. Some enemies even have the potential to instakill a soldier at any time with any equipment, so it's always tense.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: September 27, 2015, 02:44:58 pm »

Postal 2 arguably does this right from a theoretical standpoint, though it still somehow comes off as underwhelming.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: September 27, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »

Zero-k can have a nice apocalyptic feel in larger games.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: September 27, 2015, 08:10:21 pm »

A game with the story of Valkyria chronicles 2 but instead of being the leader of kids shooting terrorist your the leader of an internal police unit in charge of dismantling the Terroist before they do terroist stuff. I imagine the agency starting out fairly large and having an office in several districts of the country but constantly having problems infiltrating the terroists and tearing up their plots before they get under way (sort of like covert action) and at the same time keep the country feeling as safe as possible but strong looking so other nations don't enforce a 'police action' to take the countries national resources.

Basically you'd handle Government bureaucracy, a nation wide insurgency/rebellion, and helping save a country from being invaded because the terroist decide to attack people outside the borders.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:59 pm »

Fallout 3 is pretty good in this respect during the scenes with the giant robot fighting the Enclave army. Those scenes do kind of marginalize the player though as a result.

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: September 28, 2015, 04:11:22 am »

A tribal simulator.  Set in some faux-paleolithic/bronze/iron age setting, where each individual of your tribe is unique, and due to time passing on a day by day basis, incredibly important numbers-wise.  You only control one individual, the leader, and your ability to control the others is dependent on their loyalty to you, with family members being available automatically ( although that can change over time ) and foreign individuals and enemies potentially being converted to your group.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5938 on: September 28, 2015, 09:31:45 am »

A tribal simulator.  Set in some faux-paleolithic/bronze/iron age setting, where each individual of your tribe is unique, and due to time passing on a day by day basis, incredibly important numbers-wise.  You only control one individual, the leader, and your ability to control the others is dependent on their loyalty to you, with family members being available automatically ( although that can change over time ) and foreign individuals and enemies potentially being converted to your group.
Spore.

Nah, haha, no.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: September 28, 2015, 10:03:52 am »

Well, what is was supposed to be anyway.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 577