Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926794 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #5955 on: September 29, 2015, 11:16:59 am »

Sounds like any Cookie Clicker RPG.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: September 29, 2015, 11:22:02 am »

How about an RPG where the frequency of leveling up increases rather than decreases as the game progresses. That would be cool.

Well, if it played out like Final Fantasy 8 where leveling up actually hindered you because enemies rubber band their levels to yours, and they received MUCH better stats from leveling, then I could see an idea like that playing out where you're actively trying to NOT level up, but the game is always trying to dump EXP on you wherever it can. It could work.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: September 29, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »

There need to be more games where you lose power as the game progresses. Seems perfect for a horror game, but I've never even seen it there. It was in The Frozen Throne, but didn't matter all that much since you could typically level Arthas three or four times in a level if you really cared to.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: September 29, 2015, 01:14:49 pm »

Ahh I still remember winning the campaign in the hardest level of difficultly. It felt awesome.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: September 29, 2015, 01:43:22 pm »

I wish somebody would remake Resident Evil-same camera, same layout, same everything... but with mouse-based controls. Point and click to move and use items, use the mouse to aim and shoot. Resident Evil 1 seems like a point-and-click adventure game that had the misfortune of being released on consoles.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5960 on: September 29, 2015, 02:10:57 pm »

There need to be more games where you lose power as the game progresses. Seems perfect for a horror game, but I've never even seen it there. It was in The Frozen Throne, but didn't matter all that much since you could typically level Arthas three or four times in a level if you really cared to.

You are a barbarian warrior facing off against a sea of foes; there is an end goal, but to make it requires all but the most perfect performance.

Magical weapons, potions, spells... they all exist, but they are zero-sum at best. To restore an arm whitherd by curses, you must wear a Torc of the Burned, which weighs you down. To fight certain powerful foes, you must use an evil-hafted sword that weakens your resolve.

By the end, you are an elder warrior, laden with charms and amulets and decked in spells and curses. You may have lost an eye, or a hand. You are by every measure weaker than you started.

Now it's time for the boss fight.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: September 29, 2015, 06:04:07 pm »

In Mummy the Curse, players start off all powerful and get gradually weaker until they die and are reborn, the cycle beginning anew. I can see that working for a video game.

I wish that there was a game which had both real-time and turn-based gameplay and that you could switch between them at any time.
This is the norm in party-based roleplaying games. Arcanum, for instance, lets you play turn-by-turn, or go real time if you think it's going to be a cakewalk.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: September 29, 2015, 06:34:03 pm »

There is a rogue-like with the "lose power as you progress" thing. I think it's about an old adventurer who forgets about skills as he goes further in the dungeon, but couldn't find it anymore :/

But yeah, they're rare, and the whole concept behind those makes them difficult to create, after all :/

You'd think it could be done for a rogue-like/RPG as PTTG says, loosing an eye or a hand, but it feels like I'd have a hard time playing it, rage-quiting if I lose something I don't want to lose. I think there are some RTS and TBS oldies where you keep the units you kept alive in your campaign, but I remember them more because you could get in a position where loosing too much in a scenario would only make the rest of the game near un-winnable. Not the best way to do it, I think.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: September 29, 2015, 06:49:35 pm »

There are plenty of games where individual challenges, levels or battles make you start powerful and dwindle in resources, but usually these have an over-arching power progression.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: September 29, 2015, 08:00:27 pm »

I wish that there was a game which had both real-time and turn-based gameplay and that you could switch between them at any time.
Transistor?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: September 30, 2015, 08:28:34 am »

Transistor?
Sadly Transistor does not pull it off that well. It tries to encourage you to use attacks while Turn() is recharging, but doing so is asking to have your health destroyed in mere seconds, considering most of the enemies are absurdly good at hitting you and all of Red's attacks take way too long to perform and tend to make you stationary.

It ends up being a back-and-forth where you run and hide from enemies until Turn() recharges, use it to devastate one or two of them, rinse and repeat.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #5966 on: September 30, 2015, 09:09:06 am »

How about an RPG where the frequency of leveling up increases rather than decreases as the game progresses. That would be cool.
Disgaea immediately pops into my head. I've only played Disgaea DS, but in the late late post-game it's not unreasonable to gain a thousand levels in an hour and then transmigrate to do it again.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #5967 on: October 01, 2015, 12:04:38 pm »

Can we have more stealth games where the enemies actually act like they don't know you're there? Even in MGSV, guards telepathically know that your nearby footsteps are somehow more suspicious than those of the other two dozen nearby guards.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: October 01, 2015, 12:28:40 pm »

A civilization game with an expanded concept of armies. Instead of moving individual troops around you actually make armies, depending on your civ, population, culture, military tech levels those could be anything from roving warbands of barbarians of only a few units, classic armies with siege weapons up to massive cybernetic legions.

This would be a compromise between the "stacks of doom" (which honestly weren't all that common) and the stupid 1upt limit brought on Civ V.

You could still in theory have lone units, but these would be at serious disadvantages against "organized" fighting forces and also would give generals a real purpose again. Of course the same could be applied to navies, giving admirals also a real purpose beyond repairing ships.

As you progress certain techs and cultural advances you can open up slots for more units and types of units for your armies, so eventually you can add siege weapons to combat against walled cities and so on.

In the case of planes I guess the old system of being based somewhere would work.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:16:47 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5969 on: October 01, 2015, 12:49:27 pm »

What I would really dig is Civilization with Panzer General scale. It would get really boring at times because it would take so many turns to discover stuff and armies would be damn huge so actually moving them on turn-to-turn basis would require grouping them together, at least when they're not fighting, but it would be so damn cool.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 577