Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926894 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6390 on: December 27, 2015, 08:49:00 pm »

I'd like.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This. So much this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: December 27, 2015, 08:51:57 pm »

I'd like.
This. So much this.

Ooo, an open world Warhammer Fantasy game would be neat.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: December 27, 2015, 09:13:33 pm »

I'd like.

Set in the years following the Clone Wars. You play as a Jedi being hunted and you must disguise yourself in public to avoid the purge. The weight of the forces arrayed against you would mean that even as you increased in power you could only fight off the Republic/Imperium's military for a few moments before having to escape. Of course, your objectives usually lie in the most heavily populated areas of the galaxy as you engage in a war of asset-denial against Vader and the numerous other Jedi-hunters. Lightsaber combat is SIMILAR to Jedi Knight, but you could specialize in different styles a la KOTOR, but even with incredible amount of practice in deflecting bolts of energy there's no way you could fight your way out of most situations, your greatest ally is in the force which you must use subtly to confuse your enemies when avoiding detection and destructively to delay further assaults as you search for ever greater weapons and knowledge. The ultimate object would be to save as many other Jedi as possible as well as plant the seeds of rebellion.

PREFERABLY, I'd like to see something that's very different than say... Assassins Creed. Closer to the Force Unleashed meets GTA V meets Jedi Knight. (Meets KOTOR.)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6393 on: December 27, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »

I'd like.
This. So much this.

Ooo, an open world Warhammer Fantasy game would be neat.
Open world Rogue Trader gaem. Open world Inqusitor gaem. Open world Darwinian Character Creation Imperial Guard game.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: December 27, 2015, 10:07:52 pm »

Urist just described my dream game.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: December 27, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »

Open world Darwinian Character Creation Imperial Guard game.
WWI Medic.
(Sure it's open world. I think you can capture other trenches or something? I never got that far lol.)
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: December 28, 2015, 05:32:19 am »

I'd like to see an Anno-type city-builder rebranded in terms of you being unspecified dark forces/eldritch being. So, like, you still have a population, but you need that population because their worship (or [enforced] sacrificial offerings) provide you with "power" (which could just be how you unlock more advanced structures and such). And you're still collecting resources and making production chains, but those resources are not things like iron and tools, but I don't know, body parts and wands. I suppose you could be a cult leader or mortal necromancer rather than an elder being. I haven't really fleshed (heh) out the idea yet but yeah, just Anno with a darker aesthetic.

Not going to happen, of course, because it's too niche of a concept. The Anno series itself isn't exactly a blockbuster in terms of popularity but they are still well-developed games, particularly in terms of the graphic and interface designs. Giving it a darker aesthetic (and thus, limiting its appeal) would only be done by an independent studio, and they very, very rarely have the proper or budget to do graphics or user interfaces well.

I'd also like to see more games using the Final Fantasy Tactics aesthetic. I always felt it was a strong compromise between full detail animation and representative sprites. The sprites in FFT were very expressive, and lent themselves well for use in the cutscenes. I feel like if it were expanded to an open source platform, it could do well as a model/engine for a new generation of roguelikes. Imagine if something like Dungeons of Dredmor or tiled DCSS used it model: they could still have a relatively simple graphic budget, but the engine would allow for actual 3D environments, something missing in most roguelikes these days. And the ones that do have 3D environments tend to suffer precisely because they're still married to the 2D planar representation.

(PS: Screw War of the Lions for replacing the cutscenes with ludicrously bad animations and terrible voice acting.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:38:33 am by Niveras »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: December 28, 2015, 10:40:47 am »

A high octane Devil May Cry/God of War style character action game that tells the story of how Akuma learned the Raging Demon. Make it happen, Capcom.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: December 28, 2015, 11:38:20 am »

A high octane Devil May Cry/God of War style character action game that tells the story of how Akuma learned the Raging Demon. Make it happen, Capcom.
Stop trying to make your biography happen, MZ, we're not falling for it :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6399 on: December 28, 2015, 09:11:44 pm »

Had this thought cross my mind today. Seeing as it's Black Friday today, and not all of us go for the thrill of the chase for cheaper crap; I wonder if anyone's ever made a game based on Black Friday sales?

As far as I would assume, it would be a roguelike/rogue-lite. Give your character some stats, a budget, generate a store (electronics/wal-mart style/etc. (different property dimensions and shop item distributions, as well as density of people to work around)) with some "target items" (randomly generated based on stats/personality), or even a customized shopping list of sorts, or hell, freestyle it.

Claw through the ranks of people, reach for the ultimate deals, cause a few scenes, save 5 bucks on that blender. So what if you have to sacrifice a family gathering for a bargain?

EDIT:
Secondary game mode, "Employee of the Month". You and your fellow employees have to do your jobs, as well as serve as crowd/damage control. I hope you have 911 on speed dial.
Much to my surprise, I came across this thing of beauty:
Original sighting

And a clip of it in action

Maybe not what I entirely had in mind, but funny enough to stumble across nonetheless.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: December 28, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »

Had this thought cross my mind today. Seeing as it's Black Friday today, and not all of us go for the thrill of the chase for cheaper crap; I wonder if anyone's ever made a game based on Black Friday sales?

As far as I would assume, it would be a roguelike/rogue-lite. Give your character some stats, a budget, generate a store (electronics/wal-mart style/etc. (different property dimensions and shop item distributions, as well as density of people to work around)) with some "target items" (randomly generated based on stats/personality), or even a customized shopping list of sorts, or hell, freestyle it.

Claw through the ranks of people, reach for the ultimate deals, cause a few scenes, save 5 bucks on that blender. So what if you have to sacrifice a family gathering for a bargain?

EDIT:
Secondary game mode, "Employee of the Month". You and your fellow employees have to do your jobs, as well as serve as crowd/damage control. I hope you have 911 on speed dial.

I could see this as a brawler or a Postal series style shooter
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: December 28, 2015, 10:56:47 pm »

EDIT:

I thought this was the plot of Cataclysm dda.

*edit* Can't spell when I'm drunk
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:01:35 pm by gomez »
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: December 28, 2015, 11:15:51 pm »

Persona Q actually being a persona game instead of an Eritrian Odyssey game with persona characters.  Also instead of Zen and waifu-bait, it's Jojo and company from JJBA part 3.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: December 28, 2015, 11:19:54 pm »

Persona Q actually being a persona game instead of an Eritrian Odyssey game with persona characters.  Also instead of Zen and waifu-bait, it's Jojo and company from JJBA part 3.

I think we all wish Jojo characters were shoehorned into every game possible. Final Fantasy? Jojo characters. Dynasty Warriors? Jojo characters. Any dating sim? JOJO CHARACTERS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: December 28, 2015, 11:25:06 pm »

Speak for yourself. You Jojo fans are like bronies sometime :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 577