Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914238 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6765 on: March 30, 2016, 04:27:26 pm »

Super Hot isn't realisic, but it's definitely fast to play and highly strategic.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: March 30, 2016, 05:13:22 pm »

I've had my eyes on that one, but how replayable is it?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: March 30, 2016, 05:25:40 pm »

I haven't played it, but I've heard the gane is short, but the challenges and the endless mode could probably extend it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6768 on: March 30, 2016, 05:40:11 pm »

A single-player tactical FPS skirmish game.

I want a tactical shooter where I can boot the game up, start a randomized map, shoot goons for 15 minutes until I win the level (reach the end, disarm the bomb, save the hostage, whatever), and then go back to whatever I was working on before I got a hankering for shooting people. There are a bunch of simple ones, semi-oldschool ones like Tower of Guns, Heavy Bullets, etc., but I want something more realistic and diverse. The main approximation I've got in my head right now are Farcry 4 camps. Boot up a randomized camp, clear it however you desire, done. Though a game where you clear an underground base using cover-based shooter mechanics might be equally viable, as long as it has a sufficient number of different viable tactics.
Check out Rainbow Six's Terrorist Hunt game mode. I recommend Vegas but Raven Shield is OK too. Solo hunting hostiles through various maps. One run can take 5 or 20 minutes depending on how fast you are. SWAT 4 is a really awesome game where the whole single player campaign is basically Terrorist Hunt except with more rules, since you're a cop. If you're going for a perfect score one level can take around 30 minutes since you have to be very methodical in order to not get killed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: March 31, 2016, 05:51:45 am »

I want a game like Touhou (that is, 2D anime-styled bullet hell with a focus on memorable characters), but sci-fi themed. And preferably in English from the beginning so I don't have to patch it :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: March 31, 2016, 10:45:08 am »

Galaga?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: March 31, 2016, 04:15:46 pm »

I was gonna suggest Guardian Legend on the NES, but that was kinda like Legend of Zelda, Megaman, and Galaga's chimeric gamebaby, starring a girlbot/spaceship.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6772 on: April 06, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

Myst in VR.

Specifically, I want to be able to pick up and manipulate linking books, I want to have lots of tactile puzzles, I want to really play with the lore of Myst in a VR setting.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: April 06, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »

The Myst setting (and I guess exploration games in general) would be a good candidate for VR games, particularly if that some of those "hidden object" mechanics and you have the ability to manipulate the environment (that is, moving things around more so than sandbox). Presuming the devs don't go whole Guide Dang It and hide things in places no one would look for, except in a obnoxiously rigorous search.

'Course, tactile feedback isn't really a thing yet as far as I know, and probably won't be for a long, long time.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:42 pm »

The VR game that I'm really excited for is the successor to Second Life. I'm dead serious, I want to experience all the weird cringeworthy shit people come up with... in VIRTUAL REALITY!
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: April 06, 2016, 07:01:01 pm »

The VR game that I'm really excited for is the successor to Second Life. I'm dead serious, I want to experience all the weird cringeworthy shit people come up with... in VIRTUAL REALITY!
[memories intensify]
... Oh god.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: April 06, 2016, 07:08:14 pm »

The Metaverse is coming
and the first mods for it will be sex mods
you can't stop progress

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: April 13, 2016, 08:05:10 am »

I want a game in which you're a resistance group inside an occupied city, either during WWII or the modern day. Say, the German occupation of Warsaw. You have to inspire the citizens to rise up and figure out different ways to organize the resistance and communicate without getting caught, and eventually you have to steal the occupation's weapons and stage an uprising, fighting street to street with men, women, and children. (Some can do spy work or support roles. If you do use child soldiers, the enemy will be shocked and horrifed at first, giving your forces a slight advantage, but using child soldiers makes people much less content in the resistance, especially when they die). Every casualty affects the population's morale, and the population doesn't increase as the game goes on. You have to win with that civilian population, or lose. The occupying forces might do things to the population, or install spies so be careful.

The general population has 3 stats that affect how the act.

1. Morale- (%)willingness to fight and ability to fight at full efficiency. Goes down as casualties are taken and up as they are inflicted. 0% loses the game. Below 25% people leave the resistance and fight less efficiently. Above 50% increases combat efficiency and new recruitments happen. Above 75% provides even more combat bonuses and a significantly higher recruitment rate. At 90% begins one win condition*

2. Happiness (%)- self explanatory. Goes down with casualties, natural deaths, and public punishments/executions. More luxuries increases this. Lower happiness causes a negative modifier in combat. Slowly withers as the war goes on. Below 25% desperate individuals willing to join the resistance will swell the ranks, but all soldiers face combat penalties. Above 75% and the population becomes complacent and content with the occupation, slowing recruitment.  90%+ recruitment stops. At 100% you lose; the resistance gives up.

3. Livelihood (%)- represents food, clean water, health, living conditions. The lower it is, the more of the population dies of natural causes. Increases recruitment as desperate individuals flock to the resistance, but being malnourished makes for bad soldiers.

These are shared among the general population and the resistance. The occupation forces also have these, with some different effects.
1.Morale- soldiers may defect at lower levels in addition to combat penalties
2.Happiness- more likely to become spies at lower levels, fight less effectively at lower levels
3. Livelihood- if this drops too low, lowers morale, happiness, and combat ability. Some desperate soldiers may begin stealing from the population, decreasing their livelihood.

Secondary Stats(again %):(both pop. And occupation)
Hope: Represents long-term outlook for the victory of that side. The higher the hopes of the population, the higher the recruitment rate. Successful anti-occupation operations will make the population more hopeful, as will the news of the home country or its allies winning the war. If the occupation gets good news, their hope goes up. If hope reaches 0%, you have 2 weeks to raise it before the resistance surrenders

Infiltration: Represents how many spies of the other side(either resistance or occupation) are in the population. These spies will do a number of things, from sabotaging logistics or operations, stealing documents or items, creating infighting, framing loyal members as spies.

Combat: combat is squad turn-based or real-time, toggle able at the start of each operation. As the resistance, you rarely have the supplies or equipment available to the occupation, but you have the element of surprise and more flexible management. You choose most operations you undertake, whether it be raiding a military warehouse, a daring display of rebellion to raise the citizen's hopes, a stealthy operation to kill leadership, etc. You have a pool of characters referred to as "agents" deployed during or before these operations with different skills.

Skills:
Combat:
Rifles, shotguns, machine guns, sub machine guns, pistols, auto fire(affects all automatic weapons), demolitions (grenades and rockets, if you can find them), melee weapons
Support/Set-up: Trapper, lock-picking, nurse (retrieval and stabilization off of the battle field), doctor (treats serious wounds or injuries with the potential for long-term affects), sneaking, fortification (making cover, blockades, and other structures), sapper, vandalism(takes down propaganda/sets up your own)
Communication: not entirely sure what to do for this. Code, interrogation, distraction, etc. May come back to later.

Win Conditions:
1. Survive until your side wins the war. This can be difficult if the war drags on.
2. Liberate the city with the help of an ally. Requires that you set up lines of communication with, and coordinate with that army. As they begin the invasion of that city, the resistance must sabotage the occupiers and/or fight militarily for full control of every street.
3. Resistance seizes control through force of arms. Extremely unlikely. Only incredibly experienced and skillful players should even attempt. Requires 90% morale prepare.

Fail Conditions:
1. Citizenship becomes complacent-life under the occupation has become virtually the same as life without it.
2. Occupation defeats resistance.
3. Hope crushed (hope reaches 0%)

Note: unfinished but getting idea out there

Music: Metal soundtrack
If you win this songhttps://g.co/kgs/TluWK plays during the credits.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:10:56 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: April 13, 2016, 08:46:58 am »

^ This sounds really, really good! :D I'd love to play it. What would be cool is assymetric multiplayer, if that could somehow be used.

What I'd like is another Fire Emblem, but with a bit more divergent story. In lieu of the Child Mechanic, there would be more supports (and more exposition) between the characters. (This would mean roughly the same amount of writing, I think.) Missions, character recruitment etc. would also change depending on your choices. For example, early on you come across a bandit, who has had his hometown wrecked and is trying to survive. You can kill him, which gives some nice loot, release him, so he appears later on, or recruit him. However, if you recruit him, the next NPC you encounter (say, a retired knight) recognises the bandit (as he's raided his home) and refuses to join, instead fighting you. Or maybe later on, you come across one of those angry holier - than - thou paladins and he attacks you if you've recruited any morally dubious characters.

I'm currently trying to knock up some pixel art for this, but it's proving tough.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: April 13, 2016, 09:24:19 am »

@Quartz_Mace, I'd play that game.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 577