Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 914660 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7080 on: August 24, 2016, 09:39:23 pm »

Crusader Kings II, but with a fantasy world stretching over multiple planes of existence and elements of fantastic storytelling -- i.e., your king might account for a significant fraction of your nation's military strength, and him with his retinue of closest friends might be more than half of it.

A magic system that is designed to be dramatic and narratively impressive on these scales (perhaps even designed so that it's most effective when it's turning around long odds and saving the underdog).

I'm picturing a mix of Master of Magic, The Wheel of Time and Crusader Kings II, and now I want to throw money at my screen until it screams at me to stop.

Someone else mentioned playing a thief, that actually makes a lot of sense. I know that one of the expansions adds what are basically adventurers, modifying the game so that a "character" could just as easily be a great craftsman, sailor, thief, or other smallfolk works for me. One small problem would be that the world would have to be smaller since CKII is already slow when the population gets high...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: August 25, 2016, 03:25:05 pm »

Not a game, but a peripheral: I wish there were some attachment to the 3DS that emulated the Gameboy Printer for Virtual Console games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: August 25, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »

I wish that the 3DS could actually take screenshots of games and save them to the memory card. That seems like such an obvious feature that was excluded.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: August 25, 2016, 04:11:46 pm »

You can't even take screenshots of some games for posting to Miiverse. I tried in MH4U and it wouldn't let me take any sort of screenshot at all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: August 25, 2016, 04:13:58 pm »

I wish that the 3DS could actually take screenshots of games and save them to the memory card. That seems like such an obvious feature that was excluded.
I know for a fact that at least some games have that feature.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: August 25, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »

I know for a fact that at least some games have that feature.

The game needs to be especially programmed to allow you to take screenshots. The two I can think of off the top of my head are: Pokemon X and Y for certain but only conditionally at special picture spots (I'm not sure about the others for the 3DS), and Project Mirai DX (the vocaloid rhythm game) but again only conditionally. There's more for certain, but damned if I know, and damn if the ones that can are chosen arbitrarily.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: August 25, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »

Off the top of my head I can think of 2 more: Animal Crossing New Leaf and Tomodatchi Life.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #7087 on: August 25, 2016, 07:48:58 pm »

I vaguely remember recently seeing a screenshot function on my 3DS, but one had to get to the home screen before activating. Unfortunately, said 3DS has a broken X button, so I can't really test it.
Check out my books at O and H Books

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: August 27, 2016, 05:11:35 pm »

Well, back on topic, I'd like a game that had enemies that observed the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope, where there's a finite number of them, and the more you kill, the stronger the remaining ones become proportionally. So if 1000 of an enemy exist, and you kill 999 of them, the last one has the strength of all 1000 combined.

FFX had something like that, where if you grinded in a spot for a while, you'd eventually kill a certain number of enemies that would then unlock stronger versions of that enemy to appear randomly, but the increase in power was often miniscule and were more just another venue for nabbing rare items and more exp.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: August 30, 2016, 04:33:38 am »

I'd like a procedurally generated Civilization game. I mean:
-The planet's plate tectonics play a part in its geology. For custom worlds, with custom height/elevation maps, there'd be a tool the devs would make in the game to generate a world where your chosen heightmap (for example, a photo of two wooden sailing ships duking it out on the North Sea turned into a square {like 512 by 512 pixels} and edited in World Machine) is shuffled, like how Earth had many super-continents, which then broke off and separated. Basically something to do with tectonic plate movements. You will have to let the tool's seeds take care of it for you, as it'll use voronoi cell patterns, which'll be the tectonic plates. There'll have to be 2 voronoi patterns, because oceanic and continental plates. For reference, a normal world would take a perlin-noise generated terrain from a randomly chosen seed, and use 2 different voronoi outputs for the oceanic and continental plates, which are taken from randomly chosen seeds. The perlin noise heightmap will then be broken apart and reconstructed, as per seed, until separate continents are produced as a result. Your naval battle heightmap will just stand in for the perlin noise. Then there'll be drainage and rainfall maps. Volcanism will happen at fault lines. Temperature will be taken from height. Biomes will be determined by the Whitaker diagram and the drainfall maps.

-All cultures are procedurally/randomly (I dunno which label fits it better) generated. Something like several cultures have randomly chosen preferences, appearances, architecture styles and language. Language will be determined by which sounds and phonotactics are used. That'll come handy when naming cities. Everything else linguistics-wise is not considered.

-Playing stages would have Ancient, Medieval, Classical, and then Modern. Each period would have differing philosophies. Like how in the Modern age, nationalism is more prevalent, thus breaking up empires.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: August 30, 2016, 05:55:16 am »

Sim Earth did half of that.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: August 30, 2016, 10:26:24 am »

That soulds like it would be enjoyable.

Anyways, something I would like to see is a game taking place during a cataclysm/on some remote colony world/far future where instead on jsut having the same guns as ever(often thousands of years after) they procedurally generate them. So one person may have a bolt-action rifle in one caliber feeding from a 30 round magazine and another may have an automatic firing from a cylinder. For bonus points, the player would be able to develop their own ammunition to use in weapons they designed, and for even more bonus points it would be multiplayer.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: August 30, 2016, 11:58:09 am »

Anyways, something I would like to see is a game taking place during a cataclysm/on some remote colony world/far future where instead on jsut having the same guns as ever(often thousands of years after) they procedurally generate them. So one person may have a bolt-action rifle in one caliber feeding from a 30 round magazine and another may have an automatic firing from a cylinder. For bonus points, the player would be able to develop their own ammunition to use in weapons they designed, and for even more bonus points it would be multiplayer.

There's a couple of games that have delved in to that, though none of them come close to what you're thinking. I too wish for a game, primarily an arena-shooter, where you get to design your own guns and armor and vehicles to that extent.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: August 30, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a Borderlands game (of course I don't know which one) did the guns part. But with sci-fi laser guns or something.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7094 on: August 30, 2016, 09:13:06 pm »

Borderlands has very broad ammunition categories, and while diverse, weapons mainly vary in stats, not mechanics. I want a game a little like (yes, I'll say it again), Super Hot with, say Reciever-style extremely detailed gun mechanics.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 577