Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926673 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7125 on: September 08, 2016, 05:31:59 am »

I wish there were a game where you played as a necromancer. Not an all-powerful Diablo-style necromancer, you're just a dabbling novice in reanimation, and you must start from grave robbing with your own two hands until you have armies of undead monstrosities to do your bidding.
Late to the party, but check out Solid and Shade mod for Mount and Blade (NOT Warband). It's pretty much exactly this.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7126 on: September 08, 2016, 10:01:04 pm »

I wish there were a sci-fi ARMA game. A military simulation with a silly amount of detail and realism, set in the distant future with laser guns and hovertanks and that sort of thing. I know there's already ARMA mods for Star Wars, Halo, WH40k and so on, but ARMA in particular has some flaws that really kill it for me.

I like it. I want really detailed simulation of the equipment and vehicles too.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: September 10, 2016, 12:03:33 pm »

I wish there were a sci-fi ARMA game. A military simulation with a silly amount of detail and realism, set in the distant future with laser guns and hovertanks and that sort of thing. I know there's already ARMA mods for Star Wars, Halo, WH40k and so on, but ARMA in particular has some flaws that really kill it for me.

I like it. I want really detailed simulation of the equipment and vehicles too.

Battlefield 2142 is similar to this
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: September 10, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »

3d prison architect. No, not that bullshit 3d view, I'm talking multiple z-levels.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: September 10, 2016, 12:46:38 pm »

3d prison architect. No, not that bullshit 3d view, I'm talking multiple z-levels.

Pretty sure that's just Dwarf Fortress.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: September 10, 2016, 12:58:20 pm »

Pretty sure that's just Dwarf Fortress.

A more focused DF, based on not letting prisoners escape.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: September 10, 2016, 03:23:05 pm »

I just want someone to make an overhaul for PA that turns it into University Architect.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: September 10, 2016, 11:37:55 pm »

A sandbox game where you play a normal human person in a city filled with superheroes and super villains.  You're a genuine action survivor, attempting to flee, outwit, or persuade the overpowered beings turning the city into their stomping ground.  Sure you can fight, but your health points are absolutely minuscule compared to the super people, same as every civvie. 

On a good day, nothing happens.  You go through this Sims like sequence of work, eating, interaction, keeping your sanity and needs met, all is fi-BOOM.  She-Dolphin and the Atomic Pipecleaner are thrown through a wall at your office, pursued by giant anthropomorphic bunny robots.  You have to get the hell out of there, stealthing your way through, trying to survive by any means.  Such would be a day in the life.

Overarching goals are up to the player, such as attempt to leave the city ( and potentially run into super villains between the big cities where there are no superheroes to fight them off ), kill a super ( good luck with only conventional weapons,  ), run for political office, etc.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: September 10, 2016, 11:41:06 pm »

Why not build up your stats until you become a super yourself?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: September 10, 2016, 11:52:03 pm »

No way to, at least not in the base game ( all of my game wishes have modder capability in mind ).  The point is to survive as a small minnow in a pond filled with sharks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: September 11, 2016, 12:18:17 am »

... And when everybody's super, no one will be.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: September 11, 2016, 08:45:34 am »

Bull then, bull now. Even if you somehow gave everyone in the world superpowers, supers would still emerge. These would be the ones with the courage/ruthlessness to actually use their powers in life-threatening situations. Most people, when faced with a rampaging super, will flee for their lives even if they have powers themselves. The ones that fight back will become the new superheroes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: September 11, 2016, 09:54:09 am »

Roguelike social-central game, where the major goal is establishing and managing complex relationships controlled by complex variables and there is no difference between AI-player interaction and AI-AI interaction (playing under same rules; relationship between AI1 and AI2 constantly and dynamically change based on actual variables that influence AI-player interaction rather than arbitrary RNG. For example, recent RoTK gave greater emphasis to its rather simplistic relationship system, but player is allowed to make friends without impunity while relationship between AI are relatively static without player influence)

I think there are lot of situations where making allies could be the game-winning condition. If one don't want to make game too unorthodox, reality shows such as The Survivor serve as ideal template. Yes... there is already Survivor game but clearly social management is woefully lacking there.

One of the reason why I was excited for That Which Sleeps because it was going to have AI that legitimately think about and interact with each other :(

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: September 11, 2016, 12:23:26 pm »

Bull then, bull now. Even if you somehow gave everyone in the world superpowers, supers would still emerge. These would be the ones with the courage/ruthlessness to actually use their powers in life-threatening situations. Most people, when faced with a rampaging super, will flee for their lives even if they have powers themselves. The ones that fight back will become the new superheroes.
Yeah, but if everyone has superpowers they aren't special.  Real life people use their powers in life threatening situations too.  We don't go around calling them superheroes because said powers are things everyone has or could gain.  Especially since, in that movie, the scenario being described was not an Xmen style special snowflakes scenario.  Everyone's powers would have come from the same tech, which would have become mundane over time.

Its like saying having a gun is a superpower.  Like yeah, it would be, if guns were a unique thing to only you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7139 on: September 11, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »

Nobody would be super, but some people would be heroes.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 577