Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929560 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7245 on: October 22, 2016, 12:08:47 pm »

More games focused on scavenging/looting and base-building.

Such as 7 Days to Die.

Please no more of these
For at least another god damned year
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: October 22, 2016, 12:21:58 pm »

More games focused on scavenging/looting and base-building.

Such as 7 Days to Die.

Please no more of these
For at least another god damned year

There's literally no other games like that right now...

Name one game that incorporates all of the following:

- Scavenging.
- RPG Skill Progression.
- Block based base-building.
- Enemies that attack the player's base in waves at specific intervals.

Have you even played the game?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: October 22, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »

I bet someone's made a Minecraft mod for it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: October 22, 2016, 12:52:58 pm »

I bet someone's made a Minecraft mod for it.

With scavenging, RPG progression and wave defense mechanics?

I strongly doubt it.

There are some very good Minecraft mods though.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: October 22, 2016, 04:50:28 pm »

There are, like, all of the warcraft/starcraft maps with base-upgrading defence scenarios.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has some of that. Not so much the wave bit unless you get a horde or play the wave-defence bit which doesn't have time enough for base-building, but it is a thing.

Ummm, Dungeon Keeper? Or Dungeon keeper roguelike whatever it is called?

I recall a first-person action thing with looting and... ugh, just any tower-defence with loot/harvesting and heroes/hero-towers, gotta be piles of those...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: October 22, 2016, 08:55:12 pm »

gotta be piles of those...

There are not.

I challenge anyone here to direct me to a game with all of the mentioned features.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: October 22, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »

I wonder if The Horde counts...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: October 22, 2016, 10:15:29 pm »

I wonder if The Horde counts...

Not sure, never played it. Judging by the screenshots it looks sick though.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: October 23, 2016, 04:36:29 am »

Seeing as I went to all the trouble of getting The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard to work, I figured I'd actually give it an honest shot. It's actually really well-put together, despite it's age, and the writing holds up. It's making me wish there had been more Elder Scrolls Adventures games, linear character-focused games in the Elder Scrolls universe that aren't necessarily RPGs.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: November 22, 2016, 01:53:45 am »

A dungeon-crawler survival cooking game. Working Title: Project Cauldron.

In the original Ultima Underworld, you are thrown into a dungeon as punishment for a crime you didn't commit, and forced to survive. You need to eat, drink, and sleep. Really amazing how these features have only become mainstream over twenty years later. The underworld itself has all kinds of different groups of people living down there, and I remember wondering about how they got their food. Was there a steady stream of prisoners bringing in supplies? Was somebody trading with them? Maybe some smaller creatures could survive off moss and mushrooms, and larger creatures would eat them, and so on. Maybe the fish that swam in the underground rivers were another major food source. It was really an interesting idea.

Turns out, it's also an idea that has been fleshed out in the last couple of years in a great manga called Delicious in Dungeon ( ダンジョン飯), where they take that kind of problem and run with it. I just finished reading the latest book in the series (the 3rd one now). Such a great manga. Basically its a gourmet cooking manga set in an RPG dungeon. The dungeon has a kind of ecology, and the clever adventurer can find all kinds of food around to eat so as to help them get by. The small monsters are eaten by the middle sized monsters, who are in turn eaten by the larger monsters. Adventurers keep things in check, as the kind of apex predator. But if they aren't careful they can throw things out of balance.

So, the game I would like to see (and maybe make after Innkeep), is a dungeon crawler survival game, with a focus on cooking.

It would be similar to a rougelike, in that you are in a randomly generated dungeon, and it's perma-death.

However, the focus would be shifted away from experience gain and combat focused equipment looting, and towards the gathering and cooking of food. Imagine Don't Starve set in a dungeon, and with a Dwarf-Fortress-esque generation of the dungeon population. Most importantly, the dungeon would have some kind of ecology modeled. That ecology could factor in creatures/adventurers coming in from outside, but populations of certain monsters could collapse if you hunt them too heavily, which could have knock-on effects.

A key feature would be a craft system that is all about cooking. So heaps of different ways of turning pieces of monsters etc. into food, cooking them, and eating them.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:00:42 am by Yolan »
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: November 22, 2016, 04:02:18 pm »

perma-death
How do you track down what happened to the remains of your previous incarnation?
Read the First Post!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: November 22, 2016, 09:08:12 pm »

A Star Trek Ferengi trading game. Travel to different planets and quadrants, be a traveling merchant, set up businesses on planets and space stations, interact with all the different Trek races, civilisations and ideologies, and find a way to rip them all off. With your wit, will, and the Rules of Acquisition, you must reach the end of your life the wealthiest Ferengi in the universe.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: November 22, 2016, 09:39:12 pm »

perma-death
How do you track down what happened to the remains of your previous incarnation?

I guess you re-spawn the world when your character dies.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: November 23, 2016, 07:40:42 am »

A Star Trek Ferengi trading game. Travel to different planets and quadrants, be a traveling merchant, set up businesses on planets and space stations, interact with all the different Trek races, civilisations and ideologies, and find a way to rip them all off. With your wit, will, and the Rules of Acquisition, you must reach the end of your life the wealthiest Ferengi in the universe.

Zek would be proud.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: November 23, 2016, 04:48:12 pm »

A dungeon-crawler survival cooking game. Working Title: Project Cauldron.

In the original Ultima Underworld, you are thrown into a dungeon as punishment for a crime you didn't commit, and forced to survive. You need to eat, drink, and sleep. Really amazing how these features have only become mainstream over twenty years later. The underworld itself has all kinds of different groups of people living down there, and I remember wondering about how they got their food. Was there a steady stream of prisoners bringing in supplies? Was somebody trading with them? Maybe some smaller creatures could survive off moss and mushrooms, and larger creatures would eat them, and so on. Maybe the fish that swam in the underground rivers were another major food source. It was really an interesting idea.

Turns out, it's also an idea that has been fleshed out in the last couple of years in a great manga called Delicious in Dungeon ( ダンジョン飯), where they take that kind of problem and run with it. I just finished reading the latest book in the series (the 3rd one now). Such a great manga. Basically its a gourmet cooking manga set in an RPG dungeon. The dungeon has a kind of ecology, and the clever adventurer can find all kinds of food around to eat so as to help them get by. The small monsters are eaten by the middle sized monsters, who are in turn eaten by the larger monsters. Adventurers keep things in check, as the kind of apex predator. But if they aren't careful they can throw things out of balance.

So, the game I would like to see (and maybe make after Innkeep), is a dungeon crawler survival game, with a focus on cooking.

It would be similar to a rougelike, in that you are in a randomly generated dungeon, and it's perma-death.

However, the focus would be shifted away from experience gain and combat focused equipment looting, and towards the gathering and cooking of food. Imagine Don't Starve set in a dungeon, and with a Dwarf-Fortress-esque generation of the dungeon population. Most importantly, the dungeon would have some kind of ecology modeled. That ecology could factor in creatures/adventurers coming in from outside, but populations of certain monsters could collapse if you hunt them too heavily, which could have knock-on effects.

A key feature would be a craft system that is all about cooking. So heaps of different ways of turning pieces of monsters etc. into food, cooking them, and eating them.
That's a hilarious idea. I love it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 577