Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 912613 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7710 on: December 26, 2017, 08:36:18 pm »

A forum game that's like Infinite Heavens, but it's only the desert roadtrip bit. Forever.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: December 26, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »

Desert bus RTD, or are you thinking with some distractions? :P

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: December 27, 2017, 12:00:37 am »

Desert bus RTD, or are you thinking with some distractions? :P
I'd try to describe it better, but... since that post, I've been starting to get some really nice ideas. I think I'll actually run this one day.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: December 27, 2017, 07:38:21 am »

A game with DF's procedural generation mixed with Elite Dangerous would be nice.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: December 27, 2017, 10:28:24 am »

It'd be awesome to see a game where you play as protagonist in the form of a monster or something.
Alien races that are basically humans in other colors and humans themselves are a bit.. generic at this point.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: December 27, 2017, 03:40:22 pm »

I'd like some sort of management game with more end-goals... I love the gameplay of games like Slime Rancher and Stardew Valley, but as soon as my subconscious realizes there's no tangible end-goal I lose interest immediately.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: December 27, 2017, 03:48:29 pm »

I'd like some sort of management game with more end-goals... I love the gameplay of games like Slime Rancher and Stardew Valley, but as soon as my subconscious realizes there's no tangible end-goal I lose interest immediately.
+1
Money!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: December 27, 2017, 04:02:48 pm »

Game Dev Tycoon has some of that, in that your "goal" is sort of to make it until the modern/post modern age. You can keep playing after that, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: December 27, 2017, 08:41:04 pm »

It'd be awesome to see a game where you play as protagonist in the form of a monster or something.
Alien races that are basically humans in other colors and humans themselves are a bit.. generic at this point.

not that uncommon in rpgs, right? or in strategy games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: December 27, 2017, 09:11:28 pm »

Stellaris has some variety in terms of extremely-non-human life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: December 27, 2017, 09:17:50 pm »

not that uncommon in rpgs, right? or in strategy games.
I liked the zerg... R.P.G.s are not really ringing many bells though. Like, Elves don't count, they are way too human, well, unless they are some sort of freaky fairies from folklore... if you know of a game where you play as an elf who hopes to lure children into the forest, or replace human babies with your own progeny, or whatever other weird stuff you might expect from fairytales... Even if you get to be a lizard-person or something, it'll generally be an alternate option where human is the assumed choice, and most of the gameplay will be based upon that assumption. I mean, how often will an Argonian player-character in an elder-scrolls game be reminded that they are an argonian? Sure, you get your lizard character model, and once in a blue-moon there might be a bonus dialogue option, but the vast magority of the time it will be the same "greetings stranger" or "You look like you should go to the mages guild" that humans get. You would think that there would be something different about being a lizard. Like mammals not being able to figure out your gender. Or not being omnivorous, or being able to stick to walls, or be cold-blooded... About the closet you are likely to find randomly is robots, or possibly licensed aliens, but even then they are generally on a quest to become more human which mostly just involves overcoming a speech-impediment or something...

It is really difficult to pin down exactly what would be wanted from this. Exactly how and to what extent something needs to be inhuman to qualify, but there comes a point where you get tired of human protagonists and want something different, or want to try things from the perspective of the "others" that always end up being enemies or minor novelties, or just have a craving to be a freak...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: December 28, 2017, 01:13:50 am »

K... Kirby? He's kind of a  monster.

There's also things like E.V.O where you play as various creatures. Or the old Ants game where you play as an ant. Not an anthropomorphized ant, but a literal ant doing ant things.

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: December 28, 2017, 12:16:26 pm »

Stellaris has some variety in terms of extremely-non-human life.

Sadly it's all just portraits. I don't seem to find a connection to the species I've made and playing as.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: January 03, 2018, 03:27:37 pm »

I don't know why I'm obsessed with this idea, but I would really really love a soccer game a la FIFA, but the player designs all animations with a Toribash-style system on their own time.

There would be some default animations such as idling, running, standing up, and sprinting--but the player COULD design most of the animations for anything skill based.

There would be a base animation for all skill moves, passes, tackles, saves, and shots that would be used if the ball was at a distance or position that didn't really line up with the player's custom animations, but otherwise it'd be all down to how well and how many animation packages you have.

Animations would be downloaded before the match began and deleted when it ended. Workshop support, etc.

Which animation played would depend on the player's position and distance to the ball. The game selects the animation with the closest position and distance match and plays it. If you squibb it, you squibb it. I suppose there could be a variable amount of assist based on difficulty.

It would be terrible and glorious. Full of flopping, red cards, and ridiculous movement.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: January 05, 2018, 05:17:59 am »

Games I wished existed

Fallout 3
Temple of elemental evil 2
Brigandine 2
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 577