Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915590 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7725 on: January 05, 2018, 05:57:54 am »

Fallout 3

It exists.  It's called New Vegas, and is in every respect the Van Buren project realized in the Gamebryo engine, made by the creators of Fallout.  It is not isometric but it IS what the original writers intended Fallout 3 to be.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: January 05, 2018, 09:44:04 am »

Fallout 3

It exists.  It's called New Vegas, and is in every respect the Van Buren project realized in the Gamebryo engine, made by the creators of Fallout.  It is not isometric but it IS what the original writers intended Fallout 3 to be.

Fallout NV isn't fallout 3, its better than 3 and 4, but its no real successor

Oh forgot to put in Arcanum 2
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:45:52 am by Tegga21 »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: January 05, 2018, 09:57:59 am »

What would be a proper successor by your definition then?  NV was written by the original writers, Obsidian was almost entirely composed of Black Isle veterans who very literally were the original team that made Fallout 1&2, and it is in every way a faithful re-creation of the Van Buren project, which IS the prototype for Fallout 3.  I don't really see how it ISN'T the true successor.

It's fine if it wasn't what you were hoping for, but it IS in every way the only real Fallout 3 we're ever going to get.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: January 05, 2018, 01:53:44 pm »

What would be a proper successor by your definition then?  NV was written by the original writers, Obsidian was almost entirely composed of Black Isle veterans who very literally were the original team that made Fallout 1&2, and it is in every way a faithful re-creation of the Van Buren project, which IS the prototype for Fallout 3.  I don't really see how it ISN'T the true successor.

It's fine if it wasn't what you were hoping for, but it IS in every way the only real Fallout 3 we're ever going to get.

underlined ✓
bold ✓
italics ✓
strikethrough ✕

almost had the whole set

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: January 05, 2018, 02:05:52 pm »

It's fine if it wasn't what you were hoping for, but it IS in every way the only real Fallout 3 we're ever going to get. for zerogravitas

almost had the whole set

ftfy

i don't think he's talking storywise or tone/settingwise, considering he's mentioned arcanum, i think he ment as a grand scale isometric rpg like the originals and like arcanum and temple of elemental evil. new vegas is one of my favorite games ever and it was the best of the fps fallouts but i too would like to see a modern isometric fallout with all that exploration again and minimal voice acting, random dice roll tbs and blatant adult situations (looking at you, fallout 2) and talking head scenes. i still have vivid memories of getting a shock when repairing the gecko power plant and all of a sudden getting into the call with the enclave officer. i managed to talk my way into some info before smoothly ending the call without triggering him.  8)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: January 05, 2018, 06:15:57 pm »

I like isometric RPGs too, and I'd love to see more of them (good on Obsidian for making new ones.)  But really, Fallout isn't a camera perspective, I am completely sure that if Obsidian had been given more than eighteen months to develop NV it would have been every bit as in-depth as FO1&2.  As it stands it is the continuation of the story that I and a whole hell of a lot of other people were hoping for, it IS Fallout 3 in all but name, and I really can't see how it can be viewed any other way.

There will be other huge sprawling isometric RPGs in the future, they have their niche and smart devs (mostly indie) are already competing to fill that niche.  We aren't going to get Fallout 3, or probably any future Fallout, in that format and that is okay, because we did get a true continuation of the series in NV.

In order to be actually contributing to the thread instead of derailing:

A survival RPG with extensive crafting, proc-gen dungeons, and evolutionary weapons and armor that change as you use and improve them.  I want my weapons to become better and more tuned to the way I use them, I want my armor to change it's attributes as it protects me and adjust to meet my mobility needs, and I want these changes to be visible on model.  I want to be able to exert some control over those changes through re-forging, augmenting, and altering.  As the game proceeds and difficulty rises I want to have to make decisions about how I want my equipment to be specialized and what weaknesses I am willing to accept when using those tools.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: January 05, 2018, 06:25:10 pm »

Monster Hunter meets Morrowind with juuuuuust a little Ninja Gaiden and a more dynamic crafting system. Reactive, tactical combat, deep lore and world exploration with every npc having a place and role and story, epic monster fights against semi-realistic-ish monsters, and some demony stuff and certain things having the rule of cool imbedded. Monster Hunter style crafting insofar as you make the weapons and armour out of monster bits, but you design the weapon as you see fit. A longsword with carbalite core, some random ass dragons teeth lining the edge giving it higher sharpness and fire damage, and some bird beasts bones for the handle to make it lighter and faster. You could pair this with a dagger, shield, another sword, an axe, hell even it's scabbard as a weak shield and bludgeoning weapon. You can have minor magic too, like say a wind blast to destabilize your target, a burst of light to stun them, fire to fireate them, etc. No goofy healing or summoning or barriers though, just acting as the world already could.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: January 05, 2018, 07:33:53 pm »

A good SS13 remake.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:09 pm »

A good SS13 remake.

i've been too afraid to even hope and you mentioned it. the dream. a dream where i don't run into space lag while getting my butt removed to make a hat.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: January 06, 2018, 11:08:05 am »

A good SS13 remake.

i've been too afraid to even hope and you mentioned it. the dream. a dream where i don't run into space lag while getting my butt removed to make a hat.

I mean, stationeers and unity station have a chance.  A -chance-.  I personally tried at least three times, but never got the motivation to continue.  I have the prototypes rattling around on a hard drive somewhere...

SS13 was actually an important part of my development.  I loved that game.  I remember helping Exadv1 with some math for the air system years ago, before it became ope source...  I don't think he even remembers me sadly.  :(

Anyway, one can hope.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: January 06, 2018, 11:22:14 am »

SS13 is almost an Magnum Opus. Like... it's just one of those things that is impossible to recreate for some reason.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: January 06, 2018, 06:19:44 pm »

a true Monster People Catching and Breeding RPG. Cloud Meadow seems cool and all but i liked Breeding Season more. barring the whole adult stuff (and the final fiasco regarding the project management) the game was touching an untapped territory that should be further exploited.

so yeah, a semi RPG adventure where the main character can catch or befriend semi-humanoid monsters either for their combat party, as slaves for the black market, livestock/workers for your farm, or even as lifepartners. both the player and the monsters contain the same stats like strength, intelligence, etc.. which can be improved by training as time goes on.

travelling around the world map opens field to discover new species that can be catalogued for the respective faction. you could gain some favours by releasing, giving or selling monsters depending on the faction. which could open new parts of gameplay like ubertraining or genetical modification, im not sure.

depending on the species certain monsters could have different subspecies or variations along with traits which could further define their use for different activities (not only adult stuff).

and yeah, that's the latest idea i've had about wished games. i blame Monster Musume if anything.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: January 06, 2018, 10:42:40 pm »

SS13 is almost an Magnum Opus. Like... it's just one of those things that is impossible to recreate for some reason.

ss13 was a small in-game (like an in-joke, a game played between those "in the know") made by a lone ranger and then the code got passed around, additions were made, optimizations were coded, new scripts were written and it's grown with many forks of the code for many servers.

you could almost call it a magnum opus of the internet itself. how do you beat that?

(you rewrite the code to be cleaner, find a engine that can handle all that glory with cleaner art (either 3d, pixel, or sprite), and depending on the engine also improve the netcode to the point space lag rarely happens)

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: January 07, 2018, 12:22:32 am »

a true Monster People Catching and Breeding RPG. Cloud Meadow seems cool and all but i liked Breeding Season more. barring the whole adult stuff (and the final fiasco regarding the project management) the game was touching an untapped territory that should be further exploited.

so yeah, a semi RPG adventure where the main character can catch or befriend semi-humanoid monsters either for their combat party, as slaves for the black market, livestock/workers for your farm, or even as lifepartners. both the player and the monsters contain the same stats like strength, intelligence, etc.. which can be improved by training as time goes on.

travelling around the world map opens field to discover new species that can be catalogued for the respective faction. you could gain some favours by releasing, giving or selling monsters depending on the faction. which could open new parts of gameplay like ubertraining or genetical modification, im not sure.

depending on the species certain monsters could have different subspecies or variations along with traits which could further define their use for different activities (not only adult stuff).

and yeah, that's the latest idea i've had about wished games. i blame Monster Musume if anything.

I kind of want to make something like this now. It doesn't seem too complicated, compared to a lot of other games out there. I might try to make something like this eventually.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: January 07, 2018, 03:05:25 am »

I'm willing to help out making any of the ideas in this thread if someone needs a decent programmer, I mainly do C++/OpenGL and C#/Unity3D
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 577