Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 905234 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7785 on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:57 pm »

No, a game literally named "arms dealer". It was made by... someone around here. Wasn't Japa, I think.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: January 13, 2018, 10:52:07 pm »

Iron Seed is actually open source nowadays.

This version should build on Linux, but I can't find binaries aside from the old DOS version.

Except I'm on Windows. DOSBox to the rescue!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: January 13, 2018, 10:52:31 pm »

No, a game literally named "arms dealer". It was made by... someone around here. Wasn't Japa, I think.

yeah, i remember that, one of the devs hangs out here and gave out some free keys. the game was pretty decent for a indie project, simple but effective at making me feel like nic cage in lord of war.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:36 pm »

yeah, i remember that, one of the devs hangs out here and gave out some free keys. the game was pretty decent for a indie project, simple but effective at making me feel like nic cage in lord of war.

Twas Hemmingjay. Don't know if he still hangs around here, but he was always very generous w/ game giveaways (even outside their own project).

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: January 15, 2018, 10:34:01 am »

That's it, I'm making my Survival Beat'em Up Side Scroller. You build a house by hitting it with a 2 by 4 until it breaks, then you perform an aerial special move while dropping hand grenades to plant your crops.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: January 15, 2018, 09:47:42 pm »

a strategy game where every great scifi civilization can duke it out in a great ultimate battle of destiny sort of thing.

the empire vs the imperium of man. starfleet vs the goa'uld. the unsc vs the tau.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: January 15, 2018, 10:57:22 pm »

a strategy game where every great scifi civilization can duke it out in a great ultimate battle of destiny sort of thing.

the empire vs the imperium of man. starfleet vs the goa'uld. the unsc vs the tau.
It'd probably be pretty much a reskin of every other sci-fi strategy game. There is, like, balance to think of, and some civs don't have enough units to fill out a strategy game. I am pretty sure that Vorlons could trash Klingons and The Imperium of Man would pretty quickly die of attrition from being unable to construct ships. Star Wars would pretty much win automatically because, while their feats on the human-scale demonstrate them to be pretty deplorably pathetic, they have loads and loads of vessels to choke up a nice research progression and fill out all the unit roles you could imagine, and they pull off blowing a planet into crumbs, which almost nobody else can manage.

It would be glorious if it was a product of love and devotion that had fans and gameplay experts trawl over every facet and make each faction distinct, true to the source, and fun to use, but, ehh, as I say, I see it pretty much inevitably becoming a reskin-job where each faction has the same number of ships, often with half of them made up for the game with no equivalent in the source, and all performing pretty much identically except for a handful of passive traits and maybe a special ability... like Age of Empires...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: January 22, 2018, 11:14:22 am »

Taking that concept one step higher, it might work as a system similar to MUGEN, where you have the basic 4X platform but you have the ability to add any character (empire) as you please, all with their own tweaked mechanics.

Although most 4X are highly customizable already, at least within the limits of their system. You could probably add every conceivable empire to Civ, but the game itself would still be played on a single planet.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: January 31, 2018, 03:54:57 am »

Roblox or Minecraft, but it doesn't suck giant donkey balls.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: January 31, 2018, 04:27:22 am »

It'd be awesome to see a game where you play as protagonist in the form of a monster or something.
Alien races that are basically humans in other colors and humans themselves are a bit.. generic at this point.

K... Kirby? He's kind of a  monster.

There are also things like E.V.O where you play as various creatures. Or the old Ants SimAnt game where you play as an ant. Not an anthropomorphized ant, but a literal ant doing ant things.
What about spore? What about cubiovre for instance? Heck, what about wolf quest? Or the Ecco the dolphin series? I mean playing as a dolphin imposes certain constraints that humans would either find trivial or would be completely unable to cope with. Have you ever considered playing natural selection 2? The aliens there often enough have at least noticeably different gameplay fom humans, climbing walls, no ranged attacks,etc.

FTFY about the ants.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: January 31, 2018, 04:28:16 am »

Would something like SurvivalCraft count for you as not ''sucking donkey balls''?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: January 31, 2018, 04:41:02 am »

Would something like SurvivalCraft count for you as not ''sucking donkey balls''?

That sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: January 31, 2018, 11:33:15 am »

Knowing why either of those games suck giant donkey balls would certainly help us tell you if those games exist.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: January 31, 2018, 12:57:44 pm »

Well Roblox's suckiness (from what I can tell) probably stems from the fact the game is marketed at actual children (so the community is really difficult to put up with), and the fact it's been heavily pushed towards an ethically-questionable monetization scheme.
As for Minecraft, well, that's kinda been pushed that way, thanks to Microsoft probably pushing down all sorts of nonsense antifeatures on the non-Java versions, and attempting to push people away from said version as well.

Both games can still be enjoyed, sure (Minecraft in particular, with the immense amount of mods out there), but They're Not What They Used To Be.

On topic:

A game where you run a space shipyard - taking orders (from all kinds of clients both human and alien), constructing the ships, managing your staff and resources (raw materials + premade ship components) and eventually expanding the facility to allow for building more, and bigger, ships.

(But never actually flying them or fighting because that's not what the thing is supposed to be about.)

I have an ever-so-slightly more expansive ""design document"" (If you dare call it that) on this, and hope to maybe, just maybe, get a prototype going at some point. But that never goes well with me, so who the hell knows...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: January 31, 2018, 02:48:25 pm »

minecraft As microsoft as made the "Better Together" every system version, was based off the bloody Pocket edition, and thus has clunky controls on every other system, different mechanics from every other version, and more bugs then Empires of the Undergrowth(That last one is a joke)

I'd like to see a second NOX game, preferably made by some small group with EA's permission rather then made by EA.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 577