Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 904915 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8160 on: May 08, 2019, 02:43:57 pm »

I dreamed I was playing a graphically perfect The Sims where I was able to float around manipulating the environment to make people go crazy and murder each other.  So basically I was a spooky mischievous specter but in the context of a funny life sim.

Like I dropped a tea bag in someone's ice water when they weren't looking and couldn't stop laughing at how mad they got

Edit: Also something something leveling up horses over a week by feeding them different things culminating in a game of... cricket or something?  That one that involves horses except in my dream they just played it themselves
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: May 08, 2019, 03:04:06 pm »

It may be good if (at least most of them) do not go for lethal attacks.

Let's say they are poltergaists and their goals are various, but rarely are to kill you. They may want to trap you in a house, steal items from you, tell you a story, scare you, make fun of you, etc.. Some may want to outright kill you, but those should come later and still have limits. Such limits may be that, for example, they can not make solid object heavier than a certain amount (let's say 0.5kg) invisible by touch and they can not interact directly with living humans (But still can interact with their clothes.).

Hell I'd be fine if they started throwing sofas at me so long as I got fair warning somehow.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: May 09, 2019, 02:34:17 am »

Inspired by my inane diatribes my chatting about bear wrestling and the ability of the rural Siberians to survive nuclear war as long as they have vodka in Twitch chat, I'm gonna say only one thing: A post-apocalyptic game in Siberia, with the vodka playing a vital part in, well, most things.

Vodka heals, removes radiation, increases strength and carrying capacity, is a very valuable good in the post-nuclear Siberia, and some brands/types of vodka give you temporary psionical abilities, like turning a chunk of bear's blood into vodka and immediately igniting it.

The combat's mostly melee-based and the ranged weapons are scarce, firearms even more so; It should be quick and brutal, with limb damage system ala Fallout* and limited hitpoints.

*The first two classical ones, if only because I want a game where I can kick a bear in the balls, then smack its head with a frying pan.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: May 09, 2019, 03:36:23 am »

Why not have firearms be very common, but only used for decoration and pumping up your own machismo for a fistfight? You can shoot into the air to prove your Slav Superiority, but shooting at someone just doesn't work because the vodka aura dissolves the bullets before they can even hit them.

Real ranged weapons would have to be things like axes, toasters, and vodka bombs.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: May 09, 2019, 11:38:20 am »

That sounds like that would be relatively easy to turn into a mod for Fallout.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: May 09, 2019, 12:14:28 pm »

Why not have firearms be very common, but only used for decoration and pumping up your own machismo for a fistfight? You can shoot into the air to prove your Slav Superiority, but shooting at someone just doesn't work because the vodka aura dissolves the bullets before they can even hit them.

Real ranged weapons would have to be things like axes, toasters, and vodka bombs.

But how would one rationalize "vodka aura" scientifically? Radioactive vodka vapors storms?

Hmm, lessay that a radioactive vodka storm's ravaging the Western Siberia and only calms down during winter nights, thus making the firearms viable... BUT, there are Super Mutants Nightkins Medvedolyudi stalking during the night, and they have very good hearing and sight, enhanced by the radiation. They're big, strong, and pretty friggin' agile for bear/human hybrids, so you're discouraged from using the firearms altogether, unless you want see yourself thrown like a ragdoll and becoming meat for them.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: May 09, 2019, 05:01:04 pm »

vodka aura, its like this sphere of energy that surrounds you and smells like pure alcohol. it deflects bullets and also deflects potential sex partners.

also if you stand too close to it for a little while, you begin to hear this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFBgtgUtfw
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: May 10, 2019, 10:52:30 am »

I would absolutely love something like Wurm Unlimited but with research, various forms of power generation and automation, and a tech tree that extends significantly past "bridges and simple steel tools". Maybe a true 3d world and the ability to jump as well.

inb4 Minecraft: I play so many modpacks. I want something different. Skills that increase as you use them. Constructions that are a bit less "block by block". The ability to incrementally add materials to massive constructions as resources become available instead of all at once.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:56:09 am by Mephisto »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: May 10, 2019, 03:27:53 pm »

CAT FUTURE

"A cat is the most powerful force in life, and only by keeping them in check can you save humanity."

- Professor Birch

GAME FEATURES

NEW STORY-LINE

- A newly written and beautifully rendered story that takes place on a distant planet whose citizens rely on the energy of cats.

- A unique, but never before-seen world - a cat world that never has and never will get old.

- Tons of exciting new, entirely original and not-so-fun facts and trivia to solve and play with.

* A whole new generation of cat pets, including new cat-empowered cats!

* A brand new character: Mimi, the cat dog!

- A new, whole new world -
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:24 pm »

I would absolutely love something like Wurm Unlimited but with research, various forms of power generation and automation, and a tech tree that extends significantly past "bridges and simple steel tools". Maybe a true 3d world and the ability to jump as well.

inb4 Minecraft: I play so many modpacks. I want something different. Skills that increase as you use them. Constructions that are a bit less "block by block". The ability to incrementally add materials to massive constructions as resources become available instead of all at once.
Have you looked at Eco? It might scratch that itch for you.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: May 11, 2019, 05:12:30 pm »

an MMORPG where classes exist but players learn it along the way as a professional title rather than something forced by the start, let me explain:

1. you make your player character, race determines some stuff like racial habilities and stat distribution
2. you learn and level up different base skills as you move on the world for things like crafting, specific weapons, magic schools and so on
3. while not mandatory you can then choose to further specialize in a branch of the skilltree by doing quests for NPCs of different affiliations in order to obtain a certain title
4. once you finish those missions you are awarded as a professional in that specific class and obtain extra passives and habilities specific to that particular title

so for example if i wanted to follow the archetype of the Paladin i would have to learn and max up my skills in heavy armors like Plate or Mail, learn about Light magic both for offensive and defensive purposes along with skilling up to use whatever melee weapon i want to excell at the class. then find the NPC faction that manages an order of holy knights and do the quest chain to obtain my Paladin title officially with their class specific spells, habilities and passives.

the system would be made as to limit 1 professional class per character with the option to learn additional stuff via Master degrees which would be like the talent/mastery trees in other RPGs, perhaps even have something akin to a PhD. this wouldnt exclude players from also learning other skills in the tree, specially in the case they wanted to abandon that title and study another professional class, so you could technically learn everything but only excell at a particular part of it thanks to your professional title.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: May 11, 2019, 05:23:31 pm »

an MMORPG where classes exist but players learn it along the way as a professional title rather than something forced by the start, let me explain:

1. you make your player character, race determines some stuff like racial habilities and stat distribution
2. you learn and level up different base skills as you move on the world for things like crafting, specific weapons, magic schools and so on
3. while not mandatory you can then choose to further specialize in a branch of the skilltree by doing quests for NPCs of different affiliations in order to obtain a certain title
4. once you finish those missions you are awarded as a professional in that specific class and obtain extra passives and habilities specific to that particular title

so for example if i wanted to follow the archetype of the Paladin i would have to learn and max up my skills in heavy armors like Plate or Mail, learn about Light magic both for offensive and defensive purposes along with skilling up to use whatever melee weapon i want to excell at the class. then find the NPC faction that manages an order of holy knights and do the quest chain to obtain my Paladin title officially with their class specific spells, habilities and passives.

the system would be made as to limit 1 professional class per character with the option to learn additional stuff via Master degrees which would be like the talent/mastery trees in other RPGs, perhaps even have something akin to a PhD. this wouldnt exclude players from also learning other skills in the tree, specially in the case they wanted to abandon that title and study another professional class, so you could technically learn everything but only excell at a particular part of it thanks to your professional title.

its not the same, but this made me think of goblin slayer: it's DnD inspired but very flexible with classes, skills and rules. and i'd love a goblin slayer game.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: May 13, 2019, 10:46:20 am »

Have you looked at Eco? It might scratch that itch for you.

Sadly not. I've got a few hours a day, max, that I can play so that means solo the whole thing or play online without really being able to participate much. I'm also opposed to hard deadlines, unless the game continues after the end. I did play with some fellow dwarves way back when, however. It was fun until the game progressed so much that I was still building shit out of wood while this guy had a near monopoly on power generation, machinery, and research and that guy had a full oil pipeline. To be fair, it was the first dwarf server and we weren't sure how many people would be interested so the numbers were bumped up just a few smidges too high.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: May 13, 2019, 03:07:30 pm »

an MMORPG where classes exist but players learn it along the way as a professional title rather than something forced by the start

Didn't Star Wars Galaxies do that at launch, except it turned out to be incredibly unpopular so a year or sotwo and a half years in, they opened up full class selection from the start? Which basically meant that people who spent the last year grinding their way to Jedi Knight got screwed over.

Edit: Inline correction.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:35:20 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: May 13, 2019, 03:15:23 pm »

I think Jedi stuff didnt get worked in for years.

But the game was super popular for quite a while.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 577