Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 915731 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #8490 on: April 09, 2021, 12:49:30 pm »

You don't have to imagine, CDDA is already janky and annoying to play~
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: April 09, 2021, 02:50:00 pm »

You don't have to imagine, CDDA is already janky and annoying to play~

Yeah, but they haven't implemented all of the food, water, and loot in the world falling through the ground and disappearing forever yet.

ivanovic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: May 19, 2021, 08:58:23 am »

A game with a massive map with massive zoom in/out mechanics like Google Maps, where you build your cities and/or kingdoms directly on the map. Just one map, no instances, no different screens for "town view" and "world view", just seamless transition between the town/kingdom micromanagement and the global geostrategic view. The closest I know is the browser game Lands of Lords.

I self-quote me... I've just found this game: Songs of Syx. It looks similar to what I was saying regarding the "massive map" part, but maybe not exactly regarding the seamless transition. I have yet to try it.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: June 30, 2021, 05:30:15 am »

Iratus, Lord of the Dead except it's a tactical RPG instead of the more simplified combat that it is. Sprite aesthetics and tile based tactical maps.

Minions are cheap and plentiful. You still create minions from harvesting defeated enemies. Later on, conquered territories supply you with other resources to summon more complex/intelligent minions (sacrificial rituals to summon demons, for example). Early minions are dumb: you can give them simple commands that they will attempt to carry out through AI on their own turns (tentative, might not make for good gameplay). More intelligent minions can be commanded/controlled more directly.

A skill tree to focus on certain minion types. You have a cap of how many units you can command in combat, skill trees would allow you to allocate additional units, among other benefits. For example, an undead-focus build would let you throw out many extra zombies but wouldn't increase your generic/intelligent minion pools as quickly.

Limited recruitment of named characters. Ideally none, but that makes story-telling more difficult. Game should have an extensive campaign and story, similar to FFTactics or Disgaea, maybe with a give-and-take strategic map like Emperor: Battle for Dune or Dawn of War DC/Soulstorm (you'd have story-based goals but could go and backconquer adjacent but story-unrelated territories). More territories conquered provides more souls/resources for your skill tree and minion progression.

Might keep the stress system of Iratus but maybe lean more on the RPG side and allow players to grind to pass difficult encounters (game would be easier overall).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 05:37:07 am by Niveras »

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: July 02, 2021, 12:13:42 pm »

I always wanted to play a grand strategy/ sandbox RPG hybrid. Where you give your orders, select "end turn" and then switch to an RPG character and adventure around the world over the course of a game month as the orders you gave in strategy mode gradually unfold and armies and agents make their way across the map and clash. You could find opportunities to interfere like being bodyguard to an assassination target or joining in a battle or sabotaging a siege camp. But, along with that, there would be random side quests and a story that aren't directly related to the war going on and you could also opt to only play the adventurer as AI controls all the factions.
So, basically a sandbox RPG where factions have dynamic wars and cities change hands in real time, but with an option to also control one of the factions alongside playing your character.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: July 02, 2021, 09:02:34 pm »

I would love a strategy game like the old total war but instead of videos of assassination, infiltration, sabotage or open the gates attempts you could actually played a mini game with the character sent on a rpg like way or autoresolve like always.

Maps and/or other elements should be highly randomized to avoid repetitive or making sure one does not automatically win if one plays as the agent.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: July 02, 2021, 09:27:44 pm »

I would love a strategy game like the old total war but instead of videos of assassination, infiltration, sabotage or open the gates attempts you could actually played a mini game with the character sent on a rpg like way or autoresolve like always.

Maps and/or other elements should be highly randomized to avoid repetitive or making sure one does not automatically win if one plays as the agent.
This kind of sounds like Dominions assassinations, although that's not so much a minigame as it is a simulated fight.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: July 03, 2021, 06:58:42 pm »

A survival game with randomized apocalyptic scenarios. Gather materials in an evacuated city to prepare while trying to figure out what's going to happen (from discarded newspapers, etc.) Example scenarios: Zombie outbreak, alien invasion, huge meteor. Might have to fight off the enemy long enough until the military arrives or escape to a secret moon base using a rocket.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: July 03, 2021, 07:58:53 pm »

A survival game with randomized apocalyptic scenarios. Gather materials in an evacuated city to prepare while trying to figure out what's going to happen (from discarded newspapers, etc.) Example scenarios: Zombie outbreak, alien invasion, huge meteor. Might have to fight off the enemy long enough until the military arrives or escape to a secret moon base using a rocket.

What would the gameplay perspective be? First person, isometric turn based, third person over the shoulder?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: July 03, 2021, 08:54:24 pm »

What would the gameplay perspective be? First person, isometric turn based, third person over the shoulder?

First person, with co-op multiplayer.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: July 05, 2021, 08:20:51 am »

this is a weird one, but this is a kind of game ive been wanting for a while and now its coming to early access and both GOG and steam only just let me know about it: Manor Lords

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363080/Manor_Lords/

its this melding of city builder and rts and the rts portion is like the total war series except you have to produce the equipment individually for each conscript you recruit from your city. that alone put this on my radar
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: July 05, 2021, 08:41:40 am »

this is a weird one, but this is a kind of game ive been wanting for a while and now its coming to early access and both GOG and steam only just let me know about it: Manor Lords

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363080/Manor_Lords/

its this melding of city builder and rts and the rts portion is like the total war series except you have to produce the equipment individually for each conscript you recruit from your city. that alone put this on my radar
Well geez, color me intrigued. I'm going to keep an eye on this myself.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: July 05, 2021, 08:46:41 am »

Sins of solar empire but its a space simulator.

An AI play as the sins of solar empire 4x players and the players control the ships those AI build.

There are many space games simulators that try to be too detailed and whateaver, but its really hard to make a really complex world with believeable ai and etc... specially with all kinds of stuff that would happen at a society with ultra long distance travel.

There is also the fact that some people complain about some space simulator sandboxes games, that according to them they become repetitive at some amount of time.

By using sins of solar empire (or another similar type of real time 4x space game), you simplify some stuff and solve many problems that happen when designing or creating a sandboxy detailed space simulator game.

The game is not repetitive because its a real time 4x battle game, you will always have something to do, either battle, visit places to conquest (while trying to escape from people that will try to kill you) and built buildings (while trying to escape people that will try to kill you). Also because its a 4x game, the ai dont need to be extremely believeable.
Also the fact the game is realtime 4x, instead of rts, means the game has more detail, the same happens for being realtime 4x instead of turn based 4x.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 08:53:53 am by exdeath »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: July 05, 2021, 08:13:50 pm »

As in - you dogfight as the AI sends you to conquer a nearby star?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: July 06, 2021, 11:30:20 am »

A planetary conquest sim of sorts. You're a generic evil stellar empire guy tasked with taking over a certain world, you have superior technology obviously so the only questions are how fast and efficient you can be about it. I'm thinking the target planet is mostly procedural and you  can maybe pick one of several tech levels for both yourself and your potential target, depending on the challenge level you want. Maybe have certain pre-built chunks that offer interesting scenarios to tackle like super fortresses or space elevators and maybe lunar bases or such.

You get a certain sized fleet with an amount of ground troops (could make the player assemble their own comp depending on the target they're up against) while the enemy will have some sort of production that you will have to deal with or risk getting attritioned if you take too long about it.

Gameplay itself I'm not sure about tho, a planet is a massive thing so a grand strategy in the vein of HoI would probably work best, but at the same time that leaves out a ton of moment to moment stuff that could be interesting. So maybe something like the Wargame series with a turn-based world map but RTS battles over specific regions. In that case you could also play with unit deployments and potential logistics of such a massive undertaking. A certain region might be struggling due to a more advanced nation inhabiting it but the necessary units might be half a world away and getting them there in time might be very costly.

So uh, yeah, planetary conquest strategy game, would be nice :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 577