Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Veok's Standardized Leather Mod  (Read 12006 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Veok's Standardized Leather Mod
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 02:14:28 pm »

Yes, it is possible. I am using it for pretty much every material, altough I have the problem that hair/thread does not get recognized, since it is a inorganic mat, instead of an animal mat. Stockpiling is difficult with this setup.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 03:30:52 pm »

Good idea this one! Would like to see this implemented in the vanilla version too!

Anyways, a stand-alone update for the newest version of DF in the sights?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:45:59 pm by HraTaika »

knuspergold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 04:05:20 pm »

I know this topic is more than two years old but i still hope someone can help me to get this mod working for the new release. There are more than one creature.txt and i am not really sure what to replace...

so any help is highly appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »

I know this topic is more than two years old but i still hope someone can help me to get this mod working for the new release. There are more than one creature.txt and i am not really sure what to replace...

so any help is highly appreciated.
It works exactly like before, nothing that affects their tissues and materials has changed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 12:48:06 am »

I followed the instructions in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87584.msg2392435#msg2392435 precisely, and it doesn't appear to work. I created a new world and everything.

This is DF 40.13.

I'm trying to work out how to make this work... I want to build mod packs that work with PyLNP for simplifying all the things. I've seen a bunch of mods out there that simplify, but they also do a ton of other things too... and I don't want all the extras.

Veok's mod works, so I'm digging into that... it would sure be nice to expand it to cover bone, tallow, probably thread and cloth... etc.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:09:36 am by Mir »

Sprocket809

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 04:53:57 am »

Is there a linux version?

Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 01:50:42 pm »

Veok's mod just changes RAW files... it'll work with any OS version of DF.

Sprocket809

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:49 am »

It seems the .exe file won't work on my os though, even when I run it through Wine...  :(

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2014, 02:52:47 pm »

It seems that Veok never released his/her actual Ruby script that does the work.  I don't understand why.  Maybe because of dependencies.

I glommed a copy (on Windows) by creating a bunch of copies of the raws files in a junk directory, running LeatherReplacer.exe in that directory, suspending the Ruby interpreter while it was buzzing away, and tracking down the LeatherReplacer.rb script somewhere inside the TEMP directory.

I think that would be harder to do under Linux/Wine just because of the extra layers involved.

Wine.  What happens you move the LeatherReplacer.exe into the raw/objects directory, then manually invoke it inside that directory with 'wine LeatherReplacer.exe' ?

Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 04:15:26 pm »

Oh, I completely forgot the .exe wouldn't work outside Windows. I was (foolishly) just thinking about the fact that the final result is just RAW changes. Sorry!

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how all his changes work... I'm working on creating a mod plugin for PyLNP that will do the same thing as his mod. It'll be a while, probably, but I'll leave a note here once that's available somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3]