Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dwarfs and other races should use goblets.  (Read 3684 times)

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Re: dwarfs and other races should use goblets.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 08:41:12 pm »

Some sort of dining hall situation where the goblets and mugs are stored would be nice. It would also create more uses for cabinets and chests if those were used. There are precious few uses for them as it is. Perhaps flasks could be implemented as something that dwarves that suffer frequently from thirst might invest in once the economy is re-introduced? Dwarves would fill up their flasks automatically and then refill them only when they have drunk all of the contents. I am always happy to see more suggestions on how crafts can be implemented. As it is, flasks are only used by the military and goblets and mugs are only used for trading. Considering how easy mugs and goblets are to make, I don't think it would make the game overly complicated, especially considering that they could always just drink straight from the barrel if there are no mugs available.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 07:36:35 am »

Some sort of dining hall situation where the goblets and mugs are stored would be nice. It would also create more uses for cabinets and chests if those were used. There are precious few uses for them as it is. Perhaps flasks could be implemented as something that dwarves that suffer frequently from thirst might invest in once the economy is re-introduced? Dwarves would fill up their flasks automatically and then refill them only when they have drunk all of the contents. I am always happy to see more suggestions on how crafts can be implemented. As it is, flasks are only used by the military and goblets and mugs are only used for trading. Considering how easy mugs and goblets are to make, I don't think it would make the game overly complicated, especially considering that they could always just drink straight from the barrel if there are no mugs available.
yeah,agree,with 3 can make goblets to all the original seven
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 10:38:25 am »

Should depend on the creture.

Dwarves from barrels.

Humans from mugs.

I really simply don't like the idea of dwarves drinking from goblets....
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Batgirl1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 10:44:37 am »

How about if only Nobles drink from mugs/goblets?  Kind of like a snooty status thing?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 04:57:15 pm »

How about if only Nobles drink from mugs/goblets?  Kind of like a snooty status thing?

Sounds like a good idea... perhaps as a mandate as well. Something to put in their chest, too.

I really simply don't like the idea of dwarves drinking from goblets....

Absolutely agreed. Huge mugs, yes. Small goblets, nay. Although, the nobles could want to feel more "special" once they come back.

The question is why would a dwarf be unhappy at drinking booze directly from the tap? Getting happy thoughts from good mugs is fine but there shouldn't be an unhappy thought for not having a mug, like eating prepared food instead of raw plump helmets.
Problem is, I can't imagine why a dwarf would prefer drinking a few gulps from a good-looking gold goblet to drinking as much as he can wants. Unless we're talking about some crappy elven-made drink.

All-in-all, it would be okay for humans... goblins could drink from skulls while elves.... could eat strawberries, so it's rather pointless. Dwarves need to drink alot, especially since alcohol keeps their beards shiny, so it needs to soak up much of it as well.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher
  • Son of Ilúvatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:24 am »

first we need nobles... :'(
Pages: 1 [2]