* The premise of this Let's Play will be that a group of existing fictional characters are sitting down together to "play themselves" in a D&D-esque roleplaying scenario. All characters must be fictional characters from an external source: a movie, anime, a book, a game, whatever. Preferably something that I'm familiar with. I need to write dialogue, so if you ask for something I've never heard of, I'm probably going to veto.
* No Fourth Wall
. Consequently, characters must be reasonably able to fit into both the Let's Play format, as well as the game world itself. For example, Jean Gray
can easily be translated into the game by having her be a mage. Beverly Crusher
could reasonably be translated into the game by having her play as a cleric, and part of her roleplaying could be how she's constantly at odds with the locals, using her medical equipment to heal but they all think she's a holy woman. But there's a bit too much suspension of disbelief required to imagine, for example, Galactus
playing as a level 1 fighter and hitting people with a sword.
* No characters who are Heroic Mimes
, or otherwise so generic that they may as well be.
* Only one character per participant
* Cheating, savescumming and general stat point modifications may be performed so long as they conform the the proper "spirit" of the characters selected. For example, it somebody has Superman
show up to play as a fighter, and if he rolls a 1 out of ten for hit point gain upon leveling, I'm going to edit the savefile to give him more. If somebody wants to play James Bond
, I might savescum for success at the gambling hall. But that works both ways. If someone chooses to bring in Groo the Wanderer
, I'm going to drop his intelligence as low as it can go.
* No consideration will be given to long term viability of the party. If we get no clerics, too bad. If we get all multi-classes, or no multi-classes, so be it.
* The game supports no more than 6 characters at a time, but the mechanics do
allow for more than that, with extras "hanging out" in town. I'm willing to be flexible on the size of the party, take individual characters on missions, have multiple adventuring parties mix and match and swap out team members as required, but understand that there are some game-imposed limits on this kind of thing.
* Death is not always a permanent condition in this game, but role playing considerations will generally trump all others. If your character dies, remember that you're still "in the room" with the other characters who are playing the game, can still talk and interact with them, urge them to hurry up and ressurect you, etc. Whereas if you're playing a character who would reasonably be only minimally inconvenienced by being cut up into little piece, like Wolverine
, then I may "cheat" to bring you back even in cases where the usual game mechanics wouldn't allow it.
* I'll give you at least two updates per week until we either finish the game, everybody irrecoverably dies, or people stop participating in the thread. If a week goes by with nobody but me posting anything, I'll stop.New Rules
* No minor characters from obscure sources that no more than a couple thousand people on the entire planet have ever heard of. Seriously...stop submitting them.